What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL SuperCoach 2023

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Looks like I'm up against you this week, @Frenzy.
I might be half a chance as I finally remembered to go in and fill my squad with players who are actually playing this weekend haha.

My squad is loaded this week. Schuster back (and he has dual). Turbo. Teddy to hit form (I hope). Tricky in for Cleary at only $234,000. New POD player, Wayde Egan averaging over 70. Felix due for a score. Plus my cash cows doing well.

You're dead Fred.

HIAs can get fekked

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I’m like a Dragons coach - my team looks alright on paper, but end up turning to shit. I lose interest halfway through the year and give up until the next season, but still get a contract renewal and another crack at it again next year…. Rinse and repeat.

I usually do that. Last year though went the opposite. Started in Round 10. Just went in a public league and won the bloody thing. Got nothing for it.

fizzgig

Juniors
Missed out on the forum comp. I had VC on Reuben week 1 (110x2) for loophole and Hopgood in week 2 (124x2). Not a bad result :) Really depends on if you have any significant duds in the team (I got Pele as auto reserve both weeks for 8 the 21 but still scored well - he's gone this week though) and if you've got someone who isn't playing you can make Captain - byes will help with that if you plan ahead.

fizzgig

Juniors
I suppose that's in response to Ozzi. Pick a longshot VC early and a steady Captain that plays later in the round if you can.

DJDL

First Grade
My squad is loaded this week. Schuster back (and he has dual). Turbo. Teddy to hit form (I hope). Tricky in for Cleary at only $234,000. New POD player, Wayde Egan averaging over 70. Felix due for a score. Plus my cash cows doing well.

You're dead Fred.

HIAs can get fekked

Well I've got you so far! 😂
Got both Schuster and Turbo so the only difference from last night was my Penisini to your Hopgood.
Looks like our squads are fairly evenly matched, based on projected scores.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I viced Hopgood into Teddy and was looking at loopholing him. But he had a barry..

Had sat in front of my team wondering whether to sub Teddy out for Turbo. Didn't do it. We'll see

Last edited:

fizzgig

Juniors
How’s all that looping work? You just don’t set a captain later?
Play your VC earlier in the round, if they do (really) well you have to be ready to move a non-playing player off the bench into the top 13 and mark them as Captain. Potentially rearrange your reserves on the bench to include the player you took out of the first 13. What that means is you get double the VC and an auto reserve of the lowest player on the bench instead of the Captain.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I viced Hopgood into Teddy and was looking at loopholing him. But he had a barry..

Had sat in front of my team wondering whether to sub Teddy out for Turbo. Didn't do it. We'll see

Shoulda subbed the fullbacks. :(

DJDL

First Grade
Shoulda subbed the fullbacks. :(

But would Turbo have been your captain?

I got shafted by Sele lasting 47 seconds and half of my picks not pulling their weight and only earning half of their projected scores.
Nicholls, Stone, Ilias and Suaalii. Qarnts the lot of 'em.

Quigs

Immortal
Furhuck it is going to be a long season.

You kids need to get out on the paddock and kick a real footy around.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
But would Turbo have been your captain?

I got shafted by Sele lasting 47 seconds and half of my picks not pulling their weight and only earning half of their projected scores.
Nicholls, Stone, Ilias and Suaalii. Qarnts the lot of 'em.

Yep I would have captained him, but I fekked that up too.

Difference woulda been 120 (60x2) I got for Teddy or the 206 (103x2) I could have gotten from Turbo

Poorly played by me

Quigs

Immortal
Me glass house is wonderful. Lifes great in the sunshine state.

I am about to depart some 1k up the road to watch the mighty Emus take on the Fitzroy/Gracemere Sharks.

Got to love Bush Footy and the father of 'me' latest Great Grandson is making his debut for the Emus Ressies.

shaggs

Coach
As usual, a bloke a put on the bench scores 2 meat pies after struggling to score in round 1/2