What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Touch

unforgiven

Bench
SOMEONE has to call it! You have helped stuffing up touch footy! FIX THE MISTAKE!
Can you please post the link to where you got the Rugby participation rates being higher than Rugby League participation rates from? Please do that or admit you made it up! Your posts can not be taken seriously until you backup your claims!

Stallion

First Grade
But you have nothing to base that on except your personal opinion.

A stack of former footballers do not like what you and your cronies have done in eliminating original and fundamental touch rules. They are now playing either OZTAG or Leaguetag. If you geniuses didn't stuff up the original touch rules you would have all of these people happily playing touch footy the way it is supposed to be played. NOT RUN AND DUMP!

Stallion

First Grade
As in my first post, I'm f**ked if I know what you blokes are on about no play the ball..
Any way, it's touch rugby league.
League rules but touch.
It completely wiped out austag about 5 years ago and it's killing it most nights instead of touch.

I just contacted the TRL in my local area and its recently established in 2017. Word hasn't got out yet but I see it overtaking touch and tag if well promoted and it gains decent playing fields .

unforgiven

Bench
A stack of former footballers do not like what you and your cronies have done in eliminating original and fundamental touch rules. They are now playing either OZTAG or Leaguetag. If you geniuses didn't stuff up the original touch rules you would have all of these people happily playing touch footy the way it is supposed to be played. NOT RUN AND DUMP!
Sorry as you have already shown in this thread and many others that you just make stuff up and can not be trusted, by the way, do you have that link to the where you read that Rugby had higher participation rates than Rugby League?

You make stuff up and lie, so you saying a stack of former footballers think anything carries no weight in any discussion!

Stallion

First Grade
Sorry as you have already shown in this thread and many others that you just make stuff up and can not be trusted, by the way, do you have that link to the where you read that Rugby had higher participation rates than Rugby League?

You make stuff up and lie, so you saying a stack of former footballers think anything carries no weight in any discussion!

Wasn't aware of how popular Touch rugby league is in South Queensland. Just spoke to a TRL rep and he informs that it has virtually overtaken touch and Oztag in South Qld.Darren Lockyer is supportive of it. It's basically the way original touch footy was. It has the play the ball with the foot and allows kicking in play on any 'tap/tackle' . Basically rugby league without tackles! Just like tippy league /touch footy used to be.

Stallion

First Grade
There you go, you don't even have to create your own comp!

Touch rugby league is happening via public demand! Shame touch went rogue in 1996! If effectively promoted and given decent ground access this version of non contact rugby league is a winner! It's happened in South Qld. Hopefully the Hunter Valley next!

Stallion

First Grade
As in my first post, I'm f**ked if I know what you blokes are on about no play the ball..
Any way, it's touch rugby league.
League rules but touch.
It completely wiped out austag about 5 years ago and it's killing it most nights instead of touch.

Thanks for the information. It's basically what touch footy was! I'll be doing my bit to promote it !

unforgiven

Bench
Touch rugby league is happening via public demand! Shame touch went rogue in 1996! If effectively promoted and given decent ground access this version of non contact rugby league is a winner! It's happened in South Qld. Hopefully the Hunter Valley next!
Yeah looks like a good option for those wanting what you are looking for, I might even give it a go if it gets off the ground. Reminds me off the touch comp my home town used to have!