What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA said:
What, it hurts more than taking a shot whilst not wearing helmet?

Give me a break.

ozhawk66 said:
Yes it does. And the number of concussions prove it. You should look up the term second impact syndrome and be careful with your response, cause you won't like the answer I give you as it's a sick part of the game.

Absolutely stupid. You have the intelligence of stale bread.

One person wears a helmet, the other doesn't.

Would you like to debate that people not wearing helmets in motorcycle accidents are less likely to be injured than people wearing helments.

Really, you're just not very bright.

And please, your idle threats regarding your arguments have and will always be just that.....idle...

EA said:
I didn't say it was soft, hell, compared to Soccer and AFL it's as hard as nails. But not compared to Rugby League it isn't.

ozhawk66 said:
Bigger, faster and stronger combined with a faster game has that impact on human bodies. That's why you ignored my posts concerning the DIFFERENCES in injuries between the two sports.

que?

Webtard...

All the NFL has over the NRL are the following in regard to the games:

1. 15 times the population to draw players from.
2. Fully Professional for decades longer than the NRL.

EA said:
See, this is where your argument falls apart.

Every player on an NFL team spends more time waiting to play than actually playing.

Fact.

ozhawk66 said:
Just like how most league players are NOT in actual play - just by the very fact they are NOT involved on said tackle/play of the ball?

Exactly. What I made was a statement of fact, what you replied with was stupidity.

League players are involved in each and every play on the field when they're on the field and for the 13 starters that is generally at least 60 minutes of a game that lasts 90-95 minutes real time.

The fact is that EVERY NFL player spends more time with his arse on a bench than he does actually playing the game. Most of the 3-4 hours actual time that an NFL game takes to play.

EA said:
If the game goes for 4 hours and the play is only for 1 hour, that leaves 3 hours of either preparing for a play in a huddle or sitting on the bench.

ozhawk66 said:
It's more like 3 1/2 hours and league players play about 55-60 minutes on the average over 80+ minutes.

Well there you go. 1/2 of a 60 minute NFL game is 30 minutes. Close to the average time an NFL player actually plays, but over 3 1/2 hours, 210 minutes.

That's 30 minutes in 210.

60 minutes of 90-95 minutes in the NRL.

Do the math, do you need help with ratios?

Fool. You shot down your own agrument.

EA said:
You tell me, do they spend more time sitting on the bench or in a huddle?

What's the ratio, 3 hours on the bench as against 1/2 an hour in huddles?

ozhawk66 said:
All the while most league players are wandering around during normal play of the ball.

Again, no answer.

This is getting weird now.

EA said:
Hardly. Are you seriously suggesting that NFL players sprint into position for the next play?

In cetain circumstances they do, but that isn't the norm.

ozhawk66 said:
Sometimes they do and a lot more on passing plays, which is half the game right there. So yes, it is the norm.

No it isn't.

The hurry-up offense is the only time it is the norm to sprint into position. The rest of the time they jog into position.

Stop talking sh*t.

EA said:
So what FFS....

In Rugby League, team A kicks off, team B takes the ball in their in-goal and works it inside 5 tackles to the half-way, they kick to their opponents in-goal and chase the kick. How far has EVERY player on the team run in that time?

And two sets of down in the NFL takes a damn sight more time than two sets of six in League.

ozhawk66 said:
This is where each play is more important unto itself than a single league play. It's why 5-10 yards is very hard to come by, while those same meters are a basic in league. It's why football is a game of chess, while league is a game of checkers.

Talking out of your arse.

All you do is try and change tack.

EA said:
In NFL, when the running backs are doing the bulk of the work, the wide receivers job is easy.

ozhawk66 said:
A very, ignorant and clueless statement.

And correct. Running upfield on a pattern designed to try and give the impression that they're getting the ball is a bit easier than actually getting the ball.

EA said:
I'll assume you didn't watch last night's game.

ozhawk66 said:

Yeah, I saw your half-time quote.

In the immortal words of Red Foreman, you're a dumb-ass.

EA said:
Who sprints 40 metres?

ozhawk66 said:
The 40 yard dash is a key gauge in measuring a players speed combined with endurance.

In a game genius.

League players do it on virtually every second set of 6 tackles.

EA said:
It's stop-start even when they're on the field. League isn't.

ozhawk66 said:
All the while most league players haven't started yet, in the sense that they are pacing/positioning themselves for the next play. You have an obsession with the start/stop aspect of football, all the while failing to recognize that EVERY PLAY STARTS WITH A SCRUM! Something that is NOT a part of the league game. Nor is the constant one-on-one physical contact or blocking. Hell, the concept of blocking is considered a sin in league!

Because dopey, it's a different game.

You can ankle-tap in League but it's a two week suspension in AFL. That is as relevant as what you're babbling on about.

You really aren't sane are you?

You're proof that cousins shouldn't marry.

EA said:
LOL

Gridiron here is just for blokes who couldn't hack League.

ozhawk66 said:
Uh huh. That's why they are bigger, faster and stronger and have stamina to kill for. It's also why the immature 18 year old body is incapable of playing at the NFL level.

Here idiot. Here.

Australia.

Local Gridiron is for people who couldn't handle League.

Seriously, you're the dumbest flamer/troll that has ever passed through LU. And pass through you will, through the bowel and out through the starfish...

Vicious said:
Who remembers the 2 ex Gridiron players who spent a season playing Reserves for Parramatta about 5-7 years back???
All i can remember is that one of them was Nate someone who had actually played in a Super Bowl only 2-4 years before he spent his season over here. He could supposedly run 100m under 11 seconds and weighed in at about 105kgs. Great athlete, sure, but i was talkin with Jimmy Dymock one night when this guy was playing with Parra. Dymock said that he`d spent quite a bit of time with this American dude, trying to educate him and give him the best possible chance of making 1st grade. JD said that he told him `it`s quite simple, you`re big, strong and fast, all you have to do is constantly get deep and hit the ball at pace and you will succeed`. Nate replied `are you crazy???`. He said that the tackles are hard enough when running at half pace, if i run at full pace i will get killed!!!
Very amusing, but is a true story!!!

lol

I remembered after you mentioned it. I'm 100% sure he'll ignore you.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Gunnamatta said:
A lot of nfl players are really obese. Remember the refrigerator?

The Fridge ended up famous cause he was part of an awsome defense and he actually played on offense, on occasion. Including scoring a TD in the Stuper Bowl. So much for doing only one thing from one position.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Vicious said:
Who remembers the 2 ex Gridiron players who spent a season playing Reserves for Parramatta about 5-7 years back???
All i can remember is that one of them was Nate someone who had actually played in a Super Bowl only 2-4 years before he spent his season over here. He could supposedly run 100m under 11 seconds and weighed in at about 105kgs. Great athlete, sure, but i was talkin with Jimmy Dymock one night when this guy was playing with Parra. Dymock said that he`d spent quite a bit of time with this American dude, trying to educate him and give him the best possible chance of making 1st grade. JD said that he told him `it`s quite simple, you`re big, strong and fast, all you have to do is constantly get deep and hit the ball at pace and you will succeed`. Nate replied `are you crazy???`. He said that the tackles are hard enough when running at half pace, if i run at full pace i will get killed!!!
Very amusing, but is a true story!!!

I more than believe that story. Someone else mentioned his full name here and I'd love to know what position he played and for how long.

There are NFL players at certain positions who are scared to death of the hitting game, so this isn't surprising. One recent blaring example was some weaselly WR from the Eagles. He was caught twice, in 2 different games from flat out giving up catching the ball and trying to protect himself from getting hit in the midst. One of his excuses was the sun got in his eye. He's laughed at now. Once they sense fear in the NFL, your a marked target.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Second sentence is irrelevant, and more than likely wrong. As are most of your arguments.

There have been no 18 year olds play NFL therefore you have no idea how they'd go. No one has any idea how they'd go because... and this is the big one... no 18 year old has ever played NFL.

They cottonwool them, that's their choice, but your statements regarding it are ridiculous because you have nothing to base your assumptions on.

Nothing except your own stupidity....

You haven't rationally refuted anything I've posted, cept with your own bias backed up with a grade scrrewl net thesaurus.

No idea on how an 18 year old would go? Your digging yourself deeper and don't realize it. We watch are 18 year olds on Friday Nights play high school football. Then we watch the good ones get older and more game on the collegiate level. Then we see the cream of the crop get drafted and TRY and make it in the NFL.

No offense, but you'd be looked and laughed at as plain stupid on the concept of 18 year old teenagers trying to play in the NFL.

Nothing to base my assumptions on? This is where you need to come in for a landing. You just react with anger and lash out when your confronted with such reality instead of debate.

We let em play baseball, basketball and even hockey at that age in the States. But it's just too violent and physically demanding of a game at that age.

I caught a quote from a football coach in the LA area from a private school - based mostly on football and academics. He's sent a lot of kids off to the college ranks and some have even made it to the NFL. And his answer to kids playing at this age was his most recent example...... a 20 year old kid who weighed in under 280 lbs, fast as snot and did nothing but kick ass on the high school level. This same kid is having probs getting playing time on the collegiate level, let alone starting. He ended this short answer/argument by saying that the strength of a kid at this age - same height, weight, strength - is very different from a man's strength and fitness. Get it?

Ask a doctor this basic fact of human development and see what kind of answer you get.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Absolutely stupid. You have the intelligence of stale bread.

At least my retorts aren't toasted and were once fresh.

One person wears a helmet, the other doesn't.

Would you like to debate that people not wearing helmets in motorcycle accidents are less likely to be injured than people wearing helments.

Really, you're just not very bright.

And please, your idle threats regarding your arguments have and will always be just that.....idle...

Your brain is on room temp idle. Go back and read posts #259 and # 262. Try and intelligently answer both of those posts without flaming. Intelligentsia over flame. Give it a shot this time.

que?

Webtard...

All the NFL has over the NRL are the following in regard to the games:

1. 15 times the population to draw players from.
2. Fully Professional for decades longer than the NRL.

Again, time too come in for a landing.

Exactly. What I made was a statement of fact, what you replied with was stupidity.

League players are involved in each and every play on the field when they're on the field and for the 13 starters that is generally at least 60 minutes of a game that lasts 90-95 minutes real time.

So, what's your definition of 'involved'? Careful, I'm setting you up for this one.

The fact is that EVERY NFL player spends more time with his arse on a bench than he does actually playing the game. Most of the 3-4 hours actual time that an NFL game takes to play.

More time in football spent on beating the man on the other side of you than in league. And that's what it's all about.

Well there you go. 1/2 of a 60 minute NFL game is 30 minutes. Close to the average time an NFL player actually plays, but over 3 1/2 hours, 210 minutes.

That's 30 minutes in 210.

60 minutes of 90-95 minutes in the NRL.

Do the math, do you need help with ratios?

Fool. You shot down your own agrument.

LOL :lol: LOL rethink this part of your post again and get back to me if you wish to stand by it.

No it isn't.

The hurry-up offense is the only time it is the norm to sprint into position. The rest of the time they jog into position.

Ignorant imp. So, tell me, what are all the DB's doing on a simple running play, when the offense sends all their WR's down on 20+ yard patterns? What do they have to do, and what are they doing after the play is over. Meandering about or running back to the huddle to get ready for the next play?

This sh*t happens all the time on running plays. It's the chess part of the game that goes WAYYY over your head.

Stop talking sh*t.

Talking out of your arse.

All you do is try and change tack.

I only give what is first directed towards me. Out of my arse cause you have a hard time dealing with the reality of American football without flaming. Change? You change by flaming instead of meeting head on. That's why I had to point out two earlier posts that you conveniently glossed over.

Yeah, I saw your half-time quote.

In the immortal words of Red Foreman, you're a dumb-ass.

Not dumb as I said, might. Correct?

In a game genius.

League players do it on virtually every second set of 6 tackles.

Yawn. That's why a legit percentage of league tackles take how many seconds to bring a man down? Not exactly full frontal. I tell you what. You point out the next match in which a league player gets knocked out. Cold. Unconscious. We haven't hit the middle of the season yet, and I'm betting you won't be able to point one, just one full-fledged, unconscious knockout.

Because dopey, it's a different game.

No kiddin?

You can ankle-tap in League but it's a two week suspension in AFL. That is as relevant as what you're babbling on about.

You really aren't sane are you?

Not in your made up world.

You're proof that cousins shouldn't marry.

Original. Who thought that one up fer yuh?

Here idiot. Here.

Australia.

Local Gridiron is for people who couldn't handle League.

Local grid here is like comparing Oz pro basketball to the NBA. I wouldn't lean on that statement to much if I were you.

Seriously, you're the dumbest flamer/troll that has ever passed through LU. And pass through you will, through the bowel and out through the starfish...

Come on, lets see what you are capable of in answering this one. And I mean EVERY reply I gave you in this post. Treat it as EVERY play.

Simp imp.

MutOofd

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
I caught a quote from a football coach in the LA area from a private school - based mostly on football and academics. He's sent a lot of kids off to the college ranks and some have even made it to the NFL. And his answer to kids playing at this age was his most recent example...... a 20 year old kid who weighed in under 280 lbs, fast as snot and did nothing but kick ass on the high school level. This same kid is having probs getting playing time on the collegiate level, let alone starting. He ended this short answer/argument by saying that the strength of a kid at this age - same height, weight, strength - is very different from a man's strength and fitness. Get it?

Ask a doctor this basic fact of human development and see what kind of answer you get.

You said it was all about skill some posts earlier :shock: , this proves that when you dont have strength or size you wont cut it, hence size and strength are far more important in nfl than even remote skill

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:
You said it was all about skill some posts earlier :shock: , this proves that when you dont have strength or size you wont cut it, hence size and strength are far more important in nfl than even remote skill

Quote me directly when I ever said 'it was about' any aspect of the game.

And you might want to rethink the last part of your post concerning the concept of size and strength over skill.

I've seen a peon who was almost afraid of tackling in the NFL; take over a game by sheer defense and or by returning punts. By himself, at times. He was a pure speed demon who could change the game and I never really did like him.

Imagine a winger who NEVER touched the ball offensively in league, but the other team stayed away from this player, all because he could defend the passing game in league. Sounds insane, but I've seen it happen. And the only time he touched the ball was from kick returns in league.

How? and why is this possible? This asshole could not only run a 40 yard dash in UNDER 4.3 seconds - the the guy could turn on a dime at full speed while covering another speed freak.

c_eagle

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
Quote me directly when I ever said 'it was about' any aspect of the game.

And you might want to rethink the last part of your post concerning the concept of size and strength over skill.

I've seen a peon who was almost afraid of tackling in the NFL; take over a game by sheer defense and or by returning punts. By himself, at times. He was a pure speed demon who could change the game and I never really did like him.

Imagine a winger who NEVER touched the ball offensively in league, but the other team stayed away from this player, all because he could defend the passing game in league. Sounds insane, but I've seen it happen. And the only time he touched the ball was from kick returns in league.

How? and why is this possible? This asshole could not only run a 40 yard dash in UNDER 4.3 seconds - the the guy could turn on a dime at full speed while covering another speed freak.
So his talented is wasted in a 1 dimensional world. If he played league, he could tackle like a demon, score tries, intercept and return punts. All in 1 match.

ozhawk66

Juniors
c_eagle said:
So his talented is wasted in a 1 dimensional world. If he played league, he could tackle like a demon, score tries, intercept and return punts. All in 1 match.

One dimensional, not. And the part of that post was that he could NOT tackle! get it? The other crap, yes. And that's my point - a man of extreme talent could take over a game. Imagine a player doing that in league, all because of speed taking away the basic passing game on one side of the field in league. Not scoring, just playing defense.

Actually, I've seen no one take over a league game in the 5/6 years of watching the sport.

MutOofd

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
One dimensional, not. And the part of that post was that he could NOT tackle! get it? The other crap, yes. And that's my point - a man of extreme talent could take over a game. Imagine a player doing that in league, all because of speed taking away the basic passing game on one side of the field in league. Not scoring, just playing defense.

In every football code a player must be able to defend as well as attack, in a more all round game he would be sh*t

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:
In every football code a player must be able to defend as well as attack, in a more all round game he would be sh*t

Maybe in your world, but not reality. Give me your best sh*t players, name em, and lets see if they could make it on the NFL level.

ozhawk66

Juniors
c_eagle said:
So his talented is wasted in a 1 dimensional world. .

If it's such a one dimensional world, why are there so many different things happening on each play as opposed to the same ol running and tackling drill in normal play of the ball in league?

That's why there are 7 refs on the field in the NFL, while there is only one ref on the field in league - and yet there are more league players on the field than in football.

Bomber

Bench
The sign of a loser in the debate is someone who produces 24 pages of crap in a desperate attempt to convert the unconvertable.

ozhawk66 said:
Come on, lets see what you are capable of in answering this one. And I mean EVERY reply I gave you in this post. Treat it as EVERY play.

Simp imp.

Go back to the previous post of mine, check the crap you posted in retaliation, completely ignoring most of the facts, then get back to me.

Just think, you could have been a stain on a dress fit for someone to go to trial with, instead you're you.

Waste of semen....

Status
Not open for further replies.