What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutOofd

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
Deacon Jones is a good guy, even though he played for the Rams.

He also has a sort of bitter, inferiority complex about being compared to players after his playing days. Mostly because they didn't have (official) stats for QB sacks, yet he's still considered one of the best.

This article should be read by everyone, as it concerns the violent game, back then.

Deacon is also a bit misleading, concerning the roid question, as roids weren't really even thought of, but a lot of players were using some serious drugs in the 60's and 70's in football - mostly amphetamines and downers to deal with the pain, from what I understand.

It's a nice article to read because it shows the differences between the two codes , I do love rugby league but american football as well so it's kind of silly of either side to laugh at the other game:

Some things aren't even debatable according to me and I will stae them here

All-round Abilities:NRL>>>>NFL
Ball Skills(except QB): NRL>>NFL
Stamina: NRL>NFL(not sure, since a multitude of short runs is also hard on the body)
Explosivety:NFL>>>NRL
Violence(not in a bad way)NFL>>>NRL

Note that i do not like those fat players as well, but it's a trend (for linesmen):
if you'd look up a pic of deacon jones(who was a dt) or mean joe greene you would be amazed what athletes they were

Jae

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
That's just plain stupid. I'll let you trry and rationalize that one in front of others.

You are a dead set genius, I'll rationalize it for the sake of you. Speaking the English language, or as you call it, the British Variant.

If someone can sprint 100 metres in under 10 seconds, that does not make them fitter than someone who can run a marathon. You are saying NFL players are fitter than NRL players, and using examples of players who can run 40 metre sprints in half a mili second or whatever. The fact is, if you were saying "NFL players are faster", maybe that would work. You're not, however. Just because an NFL player might be faster then an NRL player that does not even for a second mean that the NFL guy is fitter. In summary, you are an idiot who can't seem to stomach basic reading comprehension.

Choppies

Coach
031006bartstarr.jpg

under those players there is a big bowl of Monster Thickburgers

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
If I have to do it, I'll do it. Come one, prick. Give me a question. Or, are you too scared?

You wanted a question, here it is:

What is the difference between "your" and "you're"? Provide examples.

Remember, you asked for this.

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:
It's a nice article to read because it shows the differences between the two codes , I do love rugby league but american football as well so it's kind of silly of either side to laugh at the other game:

Some things aren't even debatable according to me and I will stae them here

All-round Abilities:NRL>>>>NFL
Ball Skills(except QB): NRL>>NFL

Could you elaborate on those two points?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Jae said:
You are a dead set genius, I'll rationalize it for the sake of you. Speaking the English language, or as you call it, the British Variant.

If someone can sprint 100 metres in under 10 seconds, that does not make them fitter than someone who can run a marathon.

Idiot. The only time I mentioned anything concerning endurance with the 100 meters was in relation to running that fast over a 100 meters. I never leaned on the ability to run 100 meters at a fast pace as an argument about endurance.

You are saying NFL players are fitter than NRL players, and using examples of players who can run 40 metre sprints in half a mili second or whatever.

Again, show me an example of where I equated fast times as having to do with endurance.

The fact is, if you were saying "NFL players are faster", maybe that would work. You're not, however.

Where have you been, Oz? Not only are they faster, they are bigger/faster than the league player at comparable positions.

Just because an NFL player might be faster then an NRL player that does not even for a second mean that the NFL guy is fitter. In summary, you are an idiot who can't seem to stomach basic reading comprehension.

We're gonna find out how good your reading comp skills are when you try and quote me saying fast 40/100 times are a sign of higher endurance. Idiot.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
You wanted a question, here it is:

What is the difference between "your" and "you're"? Provide examples.

Remember, you asked for this.

Beings I'm the 1st one who pointed it out, I take it you glossed over it. As you do with many things. You also proved my point that you are too scared to debate differences between the two sports. If you weren't, you would have had the guts to ask a football question. But you didn't. And you won't.

ozhawk66 said:
If that one went over your head, then you're intellectually shorter than I thought.

Yeah, that's what you said about "phopah", apparently it was a "double entendre" ...

hahahahahahaa

Fact is, you're just not very smart...

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
031006bartstarr.jpg

under those players there is a big bowl of Monster Thickburgers

Uh huh. Cept there wern't any 300 pounders in those days, idjet. And it was just another example of why 17/18 year old kids can't play in the NFL under such circumstances.

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
Beings I'm the 1st one who pointed it out, I take it you glossed over it. As you do with many things. You also proved my point that you are too scared to debate differences between the two sports. If you weren't, you would have had the guts to ask a football question. But you didn't. And you won't.

You want a football question now?

Who scored the first try for the North Queensland Cowboys in their first game in 1997?

You answer now, yankee boy

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Yeah, that's what you said about "phopah", apparently it was a "double entendre" ...

hahahahahahaa

Fact is, you're just not very smart...

It's foe-paw, or did you miss that one too? Such basic humor goes over the head of someone like you. That's why normal people laugh at people like you.

You're a basic phopah in more ways than one. Of course, I bet you spells tyre centre correctly.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
You want a football question now?

Who scored the first try for the North Queensland Cowboys in their first game in 1997?

You answer now, yankee boy

Do I have to hold your hand and stear you in the right direction?

Questions about the diff between the two sports and or something logical about football. Not some stupid quiz question I could google.

ozhawk66 said:
It's foe-paw, or did you miss that one too? Such basic humor goes over the head of someone like you. That's why normal people laugh at people like you.

You're a basic phopah in more ways than one. Of course, I bet you spells tyre centre correctly.

I dunno, I reckon you're getting plenty of guffaws in your direction at the moment Cletus. The way you're trying to gloss over your blatant stupidity by trying to claim they were jokes is beyond funny.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone so desperate to cling to cyber-life.

You needed the paddles a long time ago sweetheart...

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
Do I have to hold your hand and stear you in the right direction?

Questions about the diff between the two sports and or something logical about football. Not some stupid quiz question I could google.

Another invented word.....moving on.

Here's another question, which I want you to answer:

In your opinion, why is rugby league so much better than American football?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I dunno, I reckon you're getting plenty of guffaws in your direction at the moment, Cletus. The way you're trying to gloss over your blatant stupidity by trying to claim they were jokes is beyond funny.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone so desperate to cling to cyber-life.

You needed the paddles a long time ago sweetheart...

This whole lame retort of yours shows me that you are easily amused.

ps) Rednecks like to use the word reckon a lot. Now, that's a Cletus moment.
I also put the comma in for you. I just wonder If you'll be able to spot it.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Another invented word.....moving on.

Here's another question, which I want you to answer:

In your opinion, why is rugby league so much better than American football?

The phrase of hand and stear and the double-meaning went over your head. If you get the stear part, then you might get it.

Nice try. You won't ask a legit question because you are incapable of doing so. Until you can do so, you just aint's worth duh time.

Duh.

ozhawk66 said:
This whole lame retort of yours shows me that you are easily amused.

ps) Rednecks like to use the word reckon a lot. Now, that's a Cletus moment.
I also put the comma in for you. I just wonder If you'll be able to spot it.

Bloody oath I'm easily amused. The supporters of other codes of Football who frequent LU are a constant source of mirth for me.

Why the f**k do you think I'm here you dumb Seppo peabrain? lol

By the way, your ps is geniused. You keep working at it, but it left a long time ago....

ozhawk66 said:
The phrase of hand and stear and the double-meaning went over your head. If you get the stear part, then you might get it.

Nice try. You won't ask a legit question because you are incapable of doing so. Until you can do so, you just aint's worth duh time.

Duh.

hahahahaahahahaha

Double meaning again?

You're overworking that one.....

Come on then, tell us all the meaning of the word "stear" in the context you used it so that it had a double meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts