What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

perverse

Referee
NBN News is reporting both Southwell's have signed five-year deals as well.
Having Upton and the Southwells locked up long term is huge. Jesse and Tamika make any spine incredibly formidable. Having them long term is a blessing, and sends a clear signal out to players across the competition that if you want to compete for titles, then the Knights is a good destination for you.

PhilGould

Bench

I really rate Dibb, will be good to see her running her own team. All their other signings so far have been locals going home so wouldn't be surprised if she's their marquee player. Always seemed like one that was likely to get away with all the new clubs and other spine members a higher priority here.

PhilGould

Bench

Gains:

Re-signed:
Yasmin Clydsdale (2025), Hannah Southwell (2027), Jesse Southwell (2027), Tamika Upton (2027)

Losses: Millie Boyle (Roosters), Kirra Dibb (Cowboys), Bobbi Law (Dragons), Emma Manzelmann (Cowboys), Romy Teitzel (Broncos)

Unsigned: Tamsin Barber, Tiana Davison, Jessica Gentle, Olivia Higgins, Caitlan Johnston, Simone Karpani, Caitlin Moran, Nicole Nathan, Emmanita Paki, Shanice Parker, Tayla Predebon, Kayla Romaniuk, Kyra Simon, Autumn-Rain Stephens Daly, Kiana Takairangi, Makenzie Weale, Jakiya Whitifeld

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
southwells.jpg

:heart_eyes:

Would have been gutting to lose those two - not like there was any chance it was going to happen but still. These two + Upton is a great nucleus, hopefully Johnston is next.

NBN News tonight said Boyle has confirmed she's signing for the Roosters but still nothing online yet. Although that's a given anyway.

PhilGould

Bench
Roosters have confirmed Boyle now.

Players we've apparently signed already that haven't been announced yet;
Caitlan Johnston, Shanice Parker, Tayla Predebon, Olivia Higgins, Kayla Romaniuk, Caitlin Moran, Tiana Davison, Georgia Roche (Leeds), Rima Butler (Parramatta)

Johnston is apparently making the switch to second-row outside Southwell which should be dynamite in attack but it does leave us a little light up front.

Nuke

Staff member
I freakin' hate the Roosters. The club's attitude is to just buy whomever they want. Millie Boyle: Successful captain of the premiership-winning Knights, fiancee of a recently-joined Knights player.
Goes to the Roosters.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Roosters: A foundation club in the NRLW which didn’t being their first player through their pathways and into first grade until the 2021 season. So underserving of the license.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
I think you’ll find Millie was a Newcastle junior. Her junior club was the Bermagui-Cobargo Eels, fierce local rivals of the Kotara Bears…

Yosh

Coach
I wish we become more like the Roosters. I've had enough complaining and moaning and sooking about because we get our best players poached. Let's get our act together.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wish we become more like the Roosters. I've had enough complaining and moaning and sooking about because we get our best players poached. Let's get our act together.
100%, realistically the roosters have a tiny junior catchment due to a certain administrator who was working for both south’s and the NSW RL at the same time rezoning most of the eastern suburbs junior clubs into the south’s comp.
The fact that they got screwed at the time has made them look outside the square including creating junior pathways on the central coast and in Qld whilst we on the other hand kind of take it for granted we have a massive junior catchment and waste all those built in advantages

PhilGould

Bench
FursWmeWIAIwO3Y

macavity

Referee
100%, realistically the roosters have a tiny junior catchment due to a certain administrator who was working for both south’s and the NSW RL at the same time rezoning most of the eastern suburbs junior clubs into the south’s comp.
The fact that they got screwed at the time has made them look outside the square including creating junior pathways on the central coast and in Qld whilst we on the other hand kind of take it for granted we have a massive junior catchment and waste all those built in advantages

They did exactly the same to us on the CC.

We were on our knees and administered by the NRL who wouldn't spend a cent, and the Roosters stole a huge chunk of our catchment and the Dogs took another huge chunk.

Absolutely outrageous.

Latest posts