What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Clubs forced out of QLD Cup

Walt Flanigan

Referee
NSWRL = The Muppet Show.

Seriously what a short-sighted decision.

Carr and his mates can get on their high-horses all they like about the NSW Cup but that won't change the fact they have just damaged the NSWRL and it's development more than Canberra's QLD Cup participation ever could.

How do these guys get/keep their jobs?

skeepe

Immortal
The NSWRL have justified this decision on Twitter by saying only the NRL is national, and apart from that they need to be looking after number one.

Disgraceful organisation.

El Diablo

Post Whore
sanity prevails

f**k off to Queensland if you want to be part of their comp

you can't have it both ways and only use the NSWRL when it suits. you're either in or out. Canberra chose to opt out unlike Manly who came to their senses

This is the RAIDERS decision ENTIRELY as they knew the consequences

now f**k off

Raider_69

Post Whore
sanity prevails

you can't have it both ways and only use the NSWRL when it suits. you're either in or out. Canberra chose to opt out unlike Manly who came to their senses

now f**k off

No. Now the top talent in the Riverina will f**k off, and they'll f**k off to AFL or RU... and it will be this codes loss... you're as short sighted and idiotic as your mate carr... the pair of you seem comfortable with the systematic slaughter of this great game game either Souths Logan or the Riverina

Explain to me how and why you are a RL fan when you are praising a decision that could effectively kill it in a thriving area?
Peanut.

Selfish prats who think only for themselves and not for the greater good of the game, like your mate Carr needed to be weeded out of this game. Absolutely disgusting that they would damage the game that pays their wage like this. Disgusting that someone like you could support such a decision.

Short sighted and idiotic, only serves to damage the game... nothing good for RL can come from this decision. Only bad.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
blame your club for that

you're either in the NSWRL or not

you chose to not be a part of it so f**k off

El Diablo

Post Whore
the Raiders chose to abandon their juniors

nobody to blame but themselves

Manly were given the same choice but even they're not as geniused as your club

now f**k off to Queensland as that's what you chose

Raider_69

Post Whore
Advocating the handing over of the riverina to RU and AFL is not the actions of a RL man... perhaps you should head over to big footy, you'd fit in well there. Take Carr the cancer with you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
your club chose for it to be that way

stop blaming others

How does this decision serve the greater good or RL?

How does killing off souths logan help RL? How does stopping the riverina juniors from entering rep teams help RL?

How would the raiders fielding a 3rd rate squad in a 3rd rate competition at their financial disadvantage help RL?

El Diablo

Post Whore
no wonder the ACT Government is giving millions to Keith Shady's team

the Raiders have chosen to give NSW the up yours and play in Queensland

add in the Monaghan incident

the Raiders are a f**king disgrace!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ill ask again, lets see if you have the courage of your convictions and actually attempt the answer them. Im tipping you wont because you know as well as i do that this decision can only cause harm to RL. Forcing this decision on the Raiders and giving them the sophie's choice of killing Junior RL in the Riverina or JRL in Souths Logan, is down right disgusting... so i ask again:

How does this decision serve the greater good or RL?

How does killing off souths logan help RL? How does stopping the riverina juniors from entering rep teams help RL?

How would the raiders fielding a 3rd rate squad in a 3rd rate competition at their financial disadvantage help RL?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Souths Logan is not the NSWRL or Raiders problem

it's in f**king Queensland. have you got the Greg Inglis map of Aus with State lines :?

the Raiders want to pick and chose which NSWRL comps they wish to be a part of

Manly and Canberra were told you're either all in the NSWRL or all out

Manly chose all in

Canberra chose all out

blame your filthy club for f**king the game in the Riverina

Last edited:

LeagueInsider

Juniors
I must say I am with El Diablo here. You can't have an each way bet. Why would the NSWRL facilitate a clubs Juniors in an awesome comp/s (Matts & Ball), only to see them grow up and then head across the border and strengthen a rival competition?? It doesn't make sense. I know for a fact that several workable scenarios were put in front of Don Furner, even to the point where there was a verbal/handshake agreement for 4-6 players a week to line up beside the Dragons extras at Shellharbour, only for him to renege on that deal. I think the NSWRL has been more than patient and while I have absolute sympathy for the young kids who will now be forced to play in second rate local comps or perhaps QLD (explain to me how the Raiders can't afford a NSW Cup team but can afford to fly 60 kids to QLD every weekend!!!) I have little to no sympathy for the Raiders. They did this to themselves... Manly were in the same spot but saw that ultimately what is best for their young kids and long term their football club is for their youngsters to be playing in the strongest Jnr comp in Aust... Canberra obviously didn't agree.. I guess the proof will be in the pudding in 5 or 6 yrs time!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Still didnt answer the questions.

Souths Logan is not the NSWRL or Raiders problem

:lol: says it all doesnt it?
Selfish and short sighted administration, backed by stupid fans.
The sooner these ridiculous battle lines get torn down and we start making decisions for the good of the game as a whole, the better.
This "me" attitude from the games administrators and its fans is embarassing.

The stupidity of that statement makes it very clear to me that you are not in fact a RL man, so continuing to argue with some AFL/Union plodder is a waste of my time.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i've answered yourb question

you didn't like the answer

here's one

why did the Raiders chose to abandon their junior comps by deciding not to be a part of the NSWRL?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I must say I am with El Diablo here. You can't have an each way bet. Why would the NSWRL facilitate a clubs Juniors in an awesome comp/s (Matts & Ball), only to see them grow up and then head across the border and strengthen a rival competition?? It doesn't make sense. I know for a fact that several workable scenarios were put in front of Don Furner, even to the point where there was a verbal/handshake agreement for 4-6 players a week to line up beside the Dragons extras at Shellharbour, only for him to renege on that deal. I think the NSWRL has been more than patient and while I have absolute sympathy for the young kids who will now be forced to play in second rate local comps or perhaps QLD (explain to me how the Raiders can't afford a NSW Cup team but can afford to fly 60 kids to QLD every weekend!!!) I have little to no sympathy for the Raiders. They did this to themselves... Manly were in the same spot but saw that ultimately what is best for their young kids and long term their football club is for their youngsters to be playing in the strongest Jnr comp in Aust... Canberra obviously didn't agree.. I guess the proof will be in the pudding in 5 or 6 yrs time!
How is the QRL a rival competition?

Wouldn't the AFL and RU and soccer be 'rival competitions'? The QLD Cup is just another league and what the NSWRL has done here is nothing short of disgraceful and honestly I'm surprised anyone here could support their decision.

The NSW Cup already has most NRL teams with feeder teams in it, letting Many and Canberra play their reserves in the QLD Cup won't suddenly unbalance the current structure. Nor will forcing them to play in the NSW strengthen the NSW Cup. It's simply a pissing match by men with tiny dicks.

edit: Also I'd just like to point out the hypocrisy in that the Titans have participated in the NSWRL U16/U18 comps while still playing their reserves in the QLD Cup. NSWRL only complain when it suits them.

Last edited:

Bluebags1908

Juniors
sanity prevails

now f**k off

1000000000000000% agree. good to see the NSWRL grow some balls. They should have done it years ago.

F**k off Canberra.

LeagueInsider

Juniors
How is the QRL a rival competition?

Wouldn't the AFL and RU and soccer be 'rival competitions'? The QLD Cup is just another league and what the NSWRL has done here is nothing short of disgraceful and honestly I'm surprised anyone here could support their decision.

The NSW Cup already has most NRL teams with feeder teams in it, letting Many and Canberra play their reserves in the QLD Cup won't suddenly unbalance the current structure. Nor will forcing them to play in the NSW strengthen the NSW Cup. It's simply a pissing match by men with tiny dicks.

edit: Also I'd just like to point out the hypocrisy in that the Titans have participated in the NSWRL U16/U18 comps while still playing their reserves in the QLD Cup. NSWRL only complain when it suits them.

Well the two state cups are 'rival' comps, as illustrated by the Residents clash each year as are the Junior Rep comps with their Juniors facing off also.

Can't comment about the Titans scenario but they certainly don't now and never will again due to the new dual registration law.

I think whether we like it or not, at the end of the day, now more than ever Sport is a business... and for years the QRL has sat up there and trumpeted about how awesome the Q-Cup is, and while that may be the case I have no issue with NSWRL taking measures to protect and look to improve their product.

Those pricks (QRL) have already stolen too many of OUR players in years gone by, lets fight fire with fire

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The stupidity and ignorance displayed by the people who support the NSWRL's decision explains exactly why the NSW Cup is a shambles of a competition and why the the Raiders don't want a bar of it.

With this decision the NSWRL has done itself and the game a lot more damage than than it ever will the Raiders.

........and for what? A geniused sense of pride?

Ridiculous.

Ah well, we'll get on with things and the NSWRL can live with shooting itself in the foot.

*Here's to many more years of Queensland dominance*

Last edited: