What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW cup watch

PhilGould

Bench
Can't agree at all from what I've seen. Looks like he lacks football smarts. Wasn't he the standing in-field when the short droput was taken and it went straight over his head? Guaranteed the team had spoken about it all week and he still wasn't ready. I have little faith in guys like that ever making it unless they are physical beasts, and he's hardly a wrecking ball.
Hence why I said in a few years. He's still very clearly inexperienced. I agree he struggles in defence but he has great speed and footwork once he gets in open space

K-Man

Bench
Can't believe the refs haven't used the sin bin. It's so obvious what the Jets are doing, happy to infringe because we won't take the penalty goal. That's what the bin is for.

Refs have had an absolute shocker.

K-Man

Bench
Hence why I said in a few years. He's still very clearly inexperienced. I agree he struggles in defence but he has great speed and footwork once he gets in open space

Yeah fair enough. You could be write, but on the evidence I've seen (even considering his age) I don't see a first grade winger in the making.

K-Man

Bench
How many chances do we need? Fmd

We've been poor, but the Jets have got the refs on a string. It's crazy that you can just rush off your line every tackle, get pinged for a couple of off sides but not risk going down to 10 men. It's Roosters' premiership year tactics all over again. Refs have to be able to read the game.

Qld cup is just superior. Nothing the Knights can do. The step up for the Knights is like going up a few grades.

Dave_

Juniors
Tbh, the refs have sucked but when don't they? We've had all the ball in the 2nd half and all the field position. We have a few real plodders in the side and we've been very poor in general imo.

Whats Doing

Bench
Qld cup is just superior. Nothing the Knights can do. The step up for the Knights is like going up a few grades.

Agree. It is a very hard comp. In the fact the best team was the Blackhawks who really had an off day last week. They would have put 40 on the knights.

PhilGould

Bench
Disappointing end but a good season overall. Incredibly young team + had to use 50 different players throughout the year due to injury but still won the NSW Cup.

Burwood

Bench
There's just something about this Newcastle team that I don't like- if I was a neutral I think I'd be cheering for Ipswich. You keep hearing about how good Newton has been for the team, but he looks to be a pretty poor captain. So many of these young guys seem to have a pretty bad attitude- arguing with the ref, niggling the opposition etc. Mamo is a serial offender and it's amazing he hasn't been pulled aside and told to pull his head in. Tuha hasn't been much better.

Got to say I was impressed with Sironen- could be a first grader in there somewhere, especially with an offseason under his belt. Didn't see much from anyone else though. Saifiti had a bad game, but looks to be a first grade player with a couple of seasons in NSW Cup. Holland must have been playing injured? He was a chance of missing the game with the calf injury picked up last week and was kept very quiet by Ipswich.

WTF

Coward punch to the side of the head. How he wasn't binned I have no idea

Mamo has been acting like a wanker for weeks, cheap shots, constantly picking fights, pushing and shoving, he got binned last week for coming in to a fight and punching a random player who wasn't even involved in the original fight. Someone needed to put him on his ass, it's a shame the punch didn't quite connect because he needs to tone it down. He is fast becoming a very hated player due to his antics and I couldn't care less if we moved the piece of shit on.

There's just something about this Newcastle team that I don't like- if I was a neutral I think I'd be cheering for Ipswich. You keep hearing about how good Newton has been for the team, but he looks to be a pretty poor captain. So many of these young guys seem to have a pretty bad attitude- arguing with the ref, niggling the opposition etc. Mamo is a serial offender and it's amazing he hasn't been pulled aside and told to pull his head in. Tuha hasn't been much better.

Got to say I was impressed with Sironen- could be a first grader in there somewhere, especially with an offseason under his belt. Didn't see much from anyone else though. Saifiti had a bad game, but looks to be a first grade player with a couple of seasons in NSW Cup. Holland must have been playing injured? He was a chance of missing the game with the calf injury picked up last week and was kept very quiet by Ipswich.

I went into it as a neutral but started cheering for the jets.

PhilGould

Bench
Three players stood out to me. Sironen and Mataora were both really good IMO. Probably the best game I've seen from Sironen. Tapine playing out of position was still a handful for the defence every time he ran the ball, he's got so much strength in that fend of his.

I'm pretty happy to see the back of Carlos tbh. He pretty easily could have stopped or at least made an effort on Parcell for Ipswich's first try but he just stood there and watched him run straight past him. We've looked better with Ndaira at 5/8 than with Tuimavave imo.

Burwood

Bench
Carlos and Feeney mirrored the exact same problems we have been seeing in first grade the last umpteen years- they looked completely lost in attack. We had enough possession on their line in the 2nd half to put 20 on them.

ryana87

Juniors
Mamo has been acting like a wanker for weeks, cheap shots, constantly picking fights, pushing and shoving, he got binned last week for coming in to a fight and punching a random player who wasn't even involved in the original fight. Someone needed to put him on his ass, it's a shame the punch didn't quite connect because he needs to tone it down. He is fast becoming a very hated player due to his antics and I couldn't care less if we moved the piece of shit on.

I tend to agree..... I was really liking him as a player..... But the more I watch him.... The more I realise he is too much of a hot head...... Maybe he will grow out of it......

Noname36

First Grade

It seems to be the kids that were in that NYC squad last year. They're extremely hotheaded. Mamo is obviously the main offender but it doesn't seem to take much to set off Sione, Levi or Tapine either. It wasn't quite as bad when they were in FG because I think having the more experienced players around settled them a bit.

I know that they're young and I know they'll get over it eventually but part of me kinda wants to see one of them (probably Mamo) get smacked in the face so they realise they can't just keep trying to take everyone on.

Latest posts