What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game 2 team

f**k yeah Dugan at FB, he needs another shot at reclaiming his rightful spot after Mini's game 3 performance last year out derped his game 1.

How bad is it when a guy with a busted shoulder, a guy with shot knees and a previously constantly injured geriatric who put it one of the worst Origin performances ever last year are all higher than Hayne in the pecking order for fullback.

lol.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
How bad is it when a guy with a busted shoulder, a guy with shot knees and a previously constantly injured geriatric who put it one of the worst Origin performances ever last year are all higher than Hayne in the pecking order for fullback.

lol.

Almost as bad as David Furner's coaching :sarcasm:

MSIH

Bench
1 Josh Dugan
2 Akuila Uate
3 Josh Morris
4 Michael Jennings
5 Jarryd Hayne
6 Todd Carney
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Paul Gallen
9 Robbie Farah
10 James Tamou
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Luke Lewis
13 Greg Bird

14 Aaron Woods
15 Ryan Hinchcliffe
16 Tony Williams
17 Trent Merrin

Brett Stewart is not dynamic anymore and is too slow,sorry Sir but you must make way for the Bogan as injuries have made you ineffective

Jamie Buhrer DERP

Glenn Stewart is not a origin player

Summary

Get rid of Manly scum

I'm ok with that, but you're going to need to find replacements for Watmough and T-Rex, they don't want to play in your gimp side.

to_ddeath

Coach
Hinchcliffe for Buhrer, Watmough for Creagh.
Carney was f*cking crap last night, more like Goulburn standard than rep standard :lol:
Wouldn't sack him just yet though which is unfortunate.

T.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Im a queenslander yet I'm gonna put my two cents in. Morris and Uate were decent in attack, woeful in defence. Uate man of the match - scored one, set up 2 (hope ya's pick him again). All the other backs played solid games but Carney had a shocker and didn't throw out much quality ball. T-Rex was scary and will be even better with a few weeks match fitness under his belt. But ya's are better off not starting him cause his impact against tiring forwards was dynamite. Maybe play last 20min of each half. Creagh is woeful at Origin level. Made alot of tackles but he did absolutely nothing with the ball. Buhrer.... Wasted talent. Farah was on fire. Should of subbed him on for Creagh. Would tackle just as much and hard and would of done 10x more in attack. If ya gonna get rid of him, bring in more size, not hinchcliffe whom is pretty much the same mold. Watmough in for creagh and ya set. Might escape the series with at least one win.

Qld pack were dominated 70% of the game and ya's still came up with only two tries off bombs. NSW has to adopt a Bulldogs approach to attack. They have the skill and speed in the forwards to keep us guessing. Offloads from G Stewart inside to Hayne or T-Rex onto Morris/B Stewart. It'll be a whitewash if ya keep up with the 'bomb and hope' plan.

mongoose

Coach
While I dont think they should be dropped our halves were just rubbish, once again. Pearce really needs to show something in the next 2 games other than strong defence cause he really has done sweet f all in his origin career and how many games has he played now? He has barely set up a try in any of them. Carney was diabolical and although he is our most talented option i really question his mental toughness... Once again though NSW are in that awkward position where they have to either put there faith in him hoping he will come good or pick someone else who has been there before.

Atleast we finally had some spark out of dummy half with Farah. He may aswell play the whole 80min.

NSW should have won that game in a canter... its going to be very tough to salvage the series from here.

I see so far you've made 9 posts... I disagree with every single one of them...

then you come up with something like this in another thread.

yosh said:
Boyd's two tries were scored down his side but it was more good QLD attack than Aku's crap defense.

as i had said in a couple of my 9 posts, it was great QLD set play execution targeting the new right-side Carney/Morris combination that led to those tries.

chrisD

Coach

lol.

Yeah lol, it's a pretty dour assessment of the state of NSW selection when the worst and second worst fullback performances in Origin last year were from players placed in front of our consistently best back for the last half a decade.

Fortunately for NSW both appear to have been put out to pasture.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I will tell you like many others have said we had the go forward, we had the speed why couldn't we convert it to points? Carney. Simple as that. If he switched on and played his game we would have been a much more composed and gelled side. Any team will struggle to score points with a half giving a performance like that. We fix our right edge defense, fix up Carney and we have a very quick and potent team.

RHCP

Bench
1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Tony Williams
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Greg Bird

14. Glenn Stewart
15. Luke Lewis
16. Trent Merrin
17. Aaron Woods

Watmough is a must and should have been there for Game One.

Farah should play 80 and we have enough utility value in the side to not have to carry a bench hooker.

Just because Gal is capable of playing 80 minutes doesn't mean he should. Two 30 minute stints from Gal + 20 minutes of Merrin or Woods ripping in is superior to 80 minutes of Gal imo, letting him freshen up would make him even more effective.

I think we need a bit more presence in the pack too. Let T-Rex start the game and soften them up, the only other big bruising body we have is Tamou.

Loudstrat

Coach
1. Brett Stuart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. Brett White
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Lewis
15. James Tamou
16. Tony Williams
17. Trent Merrin

I have no idea if White is any good these days, or even if he is injured. But I know he'd be good in a fight.

Moffo

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. B.Morris
4. Jennings
5. J McManus
6. Carney
7. Pearce
13. Gallen
12. Stewart
11. Bird
10. Tamou
9. Farah
8. Woods

14. Lewis
15. Williams
16. Watmong
17. Galloway

I don't get the fascination with everyone picking Uate.

The guy's reading and positioning in Defense is absolute disgraceful and I honestly think it outweighs his pro's with the ball and his finishing, He's let in 5 or 6 tries and you could pretty much say solely in the last 2 or 3 origin games. How many tries has he scored?, In 2 or 3 games I doubt it would amount to 5 or 6?.

I also question the selection of Jennings, his attitude and everything he has offered to Penrith doesn't warrant selection and to top that off he runs 30 metres and cops Tate square in the head which sent him for ten and cost his game big time i feel.I think he also deserves to be dropped until he fires for Penrith and he gets a good attitude check.

What presidence is that setting for NSW?. A guy who really has been under the radar in terms of Origin selection is Kane Linnett. The guy works out and has been literally faultless in defense where as he only missed 2 tackles all year in something like 9 games. He is also a very consistent performer and makes good ground everytime he runs the ball. I would pick him without question next season Ready or Not Ready in opinion!.

That being said, Chris Lawrence is the safer option as he has experience in Origin games and is a good defender. He too I think will stand up for the occasion and also is proving to be a bit of a versatile player also able to play five-eighth or perhaps in the backrow.

Nathan Merritt has the game of an Origin player, Not many people will see this and will accuse me of bias. What not many players in our game can do is function well in both attack and defensive aspects. Despite being injured he has shown growth in a few areas in the short time he has been back. He saved two try-savers and scored two tries in the All-Stars game and on his first game back came up with two spectacular players in both saving a try and catching a very difficult low projectory ball. He also is seen to be lurking somewhere in the background for an Offload to hit space and that's why he is seen as one of the best support acts in the game. Many people see Uate as the best winger in the NRL because of his power game, But there is so much to Merritt's game in comparison and a particular bust against the Dragons last week made me realise he is much stronger than last year and has a bigger fend and it was only the momentum lost from losing balance and fending off tackles is when Soward saves the try. He has the all round game to attack origin and the Indigenous game has proven he can match it with the best players in the world. I'd pick him 7 days of the week.

The left side of Morris and Hayne i'd certainly persist with. Hayne really steps up to the occasion for Origin and I sympathise for the Eels and I see Jarryd actually trying for Parramatta, with limited go to guys in attack the bloke is going to struggle with a massive target on his back. It's pretty much welcoming them to heavily target him.

Morris had some issues but the ball and all tackle on Inglis showed he can manage Inglis in part.

I resisted temptation to pick Dugan only because there is far more important positions that need to be addressed.

The only other changes is Watmough coming in for Buhrer with Lewis reverting to the bench, Aaron Woods for Creagh and TLL for T-Rex.
NSW Team

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Josh Morris
4. Chris Lawrence - Defense, slight versatility and belief he will stand up
5. Nathan Merritt - Comes up with special plays when his team needs it and that is exactly what NSW needs. Looks stronger with the ball this year.
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen [c]
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Anthony Watmough - first forward picked aside from Gallen, origin toughness.
13. Greg Bird

14. Luke Lewis - Better for impact
15. Trent Merrin
16. Aaron Woods - Size is needed over Creagh
17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs -Automatic change for T-Rex.

Last edited: