What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin 3 Team

Bazal

Post Whore
1-Brett Stewart
2-Jarryd Hayne
3-Mark Gasnier (he was terrible tonight but you pretty much have to pick him
4-Matt Cooper
5-Joel Monaghan
6-Braith Anasta
7-Peter Wallace
8-Luke Bailey
9-Danny Buderus (he was utterly useless but they won't drop him in his swansong)
10-Mark O'Meley/Brent Kite (on form)
11-Anthony Laffranchi
12-Ryan Hoffman
13-Greg Bird

14-Robbie Farah (Gidley isn't a half or a hooker, and it showed tonight.)
15-Paul Gallen (he's been poor, not up to starting)
16-Craig Fitzgibbon
17-Willie Mason (always has more impact in his second stint off the bench, so I'd start him there. You get more value IMO)

Steve Turner was absolutely horrid and should be hit with the Brett Kimmorely "Never to Play Origin" stamp. He was f**king woeful.

Bird is not a five-eighth and needs to play lock, we had no options outside Wallace tonight. Same for Gidley, he's not a half or a hooker and Farah offers more value off the bench. We struggled to go forward with pretty much no props, so Bailey and O'Meley/Kite come in.

Frederick

Staff member
For those Newcastle fans suggesting moving Stewart from fullback, if he wasn't defending there tonight Qld score another 3 tries. He seemed to be the only one on the field who could tackle Inglis. While he was extremely quiet in attack, it can't be held against him because every NSW player was useless in attack.
Gidley is just as sound in defence

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
1-Brett Stewart
2-Jarryd Hayne
3-Mark Gasnier (he was terrible tonight but you pretty much have to pick him
4-Matt Cooper
5-Joel Monaghan
6-Braith Anasta
7-Peter Wallace
8-Luke Bailey
9-Danny Buderus (he was utterly useless but they won't drop him in his swansong)
10-Mark O'Meley/Brent Kite (on form)
11-Anthony Laffranchi
12-Ryan Hoffman
13-Greg Bird

14-Robbie Farah (Gidley isn't a half or a hooker, and it showed tonight.)
15-Paul Gallen (he's been poor, not up to starting)
16-Craig Fitzgibbon
17-Willie Mason (always has more impact in his second stint off the bench, so I'd start him there. You get more value IMO)

Steve Turner was absolutely horrid and should be hit with the Brett Kimmorely "Never to Play Origin" stamp. He was f**king woeful.

Bird is not a five-eighth and needs to play lock, we had no options outside Wallace tonight. Same for Gidley, he's not a half or a hooker and Farah offers more value off the bench. We struggled to go forward with pretty much no props, so Bailey and O'Meley/Kite come in.

I'd be happy with that line up

c_eagle

Juniors
True, but if we took out Watmough, Stewart, Menzies and Perry while we had our best pack except for Lopini Paea (compensating for cuthbo) then Ogre probably would have destroyed Kite.

Anyway Either is Better than playing a second rower there.
You could do a lot worse than pick Watmough, Kite and G. Stewart. All 3 are honest players. All 3 aren't above tucking it under their wing from deep inside their half and doing the hard stuff. There are too many show ponies in the NSW team; when the going got a little tough, Turner, Quinn and the rest of the backs were left with no other choice but to do the work that the forwards weren't bothered doing.

Save Fitzgibbon, who is actually playing out of his skin atm.

Godz Illa

Coach
Definitely bring Luke Bailey in. And for five-eighth may I suggest Preston Campbell. Mark Minichiello also deserves a look-in.

Tommax25

Bench
We need some serious changes. I'm going for

1. Brett Stewart
2. Anthony Minichello
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Hazem El Masri
6. Braith Anasta
7. Peter Wallace
13. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Anthony Watmough
11. Paul Gallen
10. Willie Mason
9. Robbie Farah
8. Brent Kite

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Corey Patterson
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Ben Cross

i was actually quite surprised that they didnt take stewart out of the squad when the roosters fullback made his return from injury....but seriously, no he should not be called up as a winger and shouldnt oust stewart

Tommax25

Bench
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarred Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Greg Inglis
5. Luke Rooney
6. Trent Barret
7. Brett Kimmorly
13. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Mark Minichello
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
10. Willie Mason
9. Mark Riddel
8. Mark O'Melley

14. Brett Finch
15. Luke Bailey
16. Brent Kite
17. Anthony Laffranchi

are you having a laugh? rooney is the most ridiculous out of all of them, and among the others are players like hindmarsh,finch, ridell, omeley, kimmorely!....but u are obviously taking the p*ss as inglis is in the centres

Tommax25

Bench
stewart
hayne (or possibly monnas if hayne is not fit, not turner, he's so crap my eyes bled)
cooper
gasnier
quinn
anasta
wallace
white
buderus
bailey
hoffman
gallen
bird

mason
lewis (a utility who wont get smashed)
laffranchi
kite

i think they wont make many changes actually, which is annoying, gidley will remain for sure which is silly. that is the side i think they may pick because I have players in there I wouldn't have picked but know wont be dropped, my side if I were a selector and could actually make it happen:

stewart
hayne
cooper
lyon (i wasnt sure which centre to drop but gasnier after tonight, cooper was ok in defensive)
quinn
anasta
wallace
kite
farah
bailey
gallen
laffranchi
bird

mason
lewis
white
ryles

ethos

Live Update Team
From a Queenslander's perspective I'd be the most afraid of this team..

01. Gidley
02. Hayne
03. Gasnier
04. Cooper
05. Quinn
06. Anasta
07. Wallace
08. Bailey
09. Buderus
10. Ryles
11. Laffranchi
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Mateo
15. Mason
16. O'Meley
17. Hoffman

eels_fan_01

Bench
1-Brett Stewart
2-Jarryd Hayne
3-Mark Gasnier
4-Matt Cooper
5-Kurt Gidley
6-Greg Bird
7-Peter Wallace
8-Brent Kite
9-Danny Buderus
10-Willie Mason
11-Anthony Laffranchi
12-Craig Fitzgibbon
13-Ryan Hoffman

14-Robbie Farah
15-Nathan Hindmarsh
16-Paul Gallen
17-Luke Bailey

-Greg Bird is an origin 5/8 he proved it in game 1 and game 3 last year, everyone played sh*t tonight.

-Kurt Gidley on the wing would go ok and to be honest we are struggling for backs atm, players like Joel Monaghan, Luke Rooney, Steve Turner don't deserve to be in an origin line up im sorry.

-Farah come on at back ends of halves to spice it up a bit, also bloody him for next year.

-Give Hindy a bloody go off the bench (Bit of Parra bias).

-Kite starts, rotation with bull Bailey who comes into the side, if Ryles get picked we lost.

8Ball

First Grade
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. Quinn
6. Mullen
7. Wallace

13. Bird

Simpson out.

eels_fan_01

Bench
how could anyone drop bird and keep gidley? my god he was awful!!

Everyone is spitting their dummys at the moment because we lost.

Bird was being called the next Wally Lewis last game and now because we lost he isn't any good apparently. He is a origin 5/8 imo.

Gidley to wing.

Big Pete

Referee
Excuse my intrusion just felt like offering my two cents.

My team:
1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarryd Hayne*
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Willie Mason
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Paul Gallen
13. Greg Bird

14. Ben Hornby
15. Jason Ryles
16. Ryan Hoffman
17. Brent Kite

*If unavailable, bring in Joel Monaghan

I read an article Mateo isn't available for the Blues for at least two years. Apparantly some rule inflicted following his repsenative duties for Tonga?

Matta

Juniors
I might as well join the crowd.

1 Stewart
2 Monaghan
3 Gasnier
4 Hayne
5 Quinn
6 Anasta
7 Wallace
8 White
9 Buderus (c)
10 Bailey
11 Mason
12 Hoffman
13 Bird

14 Carney - thoughts?
15 Laffranchi
16 Ryles
17 Tupou

Mateo would be a shoe-in if it weren't for his inept manager. Luke Lewis probably wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Latest posts