What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

Y2Eel

First Grade
1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Morris
6. Carney
7. Kimmorely (c)
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Gallen

14. Farah
15. Galloway
16. Creagh
17. Learoyd-Lars

Swap Farah for Gidley and Jennings for Idris (Jennings have the knee fixed!!) then that would be a good team..

timka4

Bench
jennings and lawrence cannot pair in the centres, its just way to weak, i do not agree! if we were to win origin this year, i dont see jennings and lawrence being the centre pair which helped do it.

and no pure hookers on the bench, we want an 80 min playing hooker like cam, which we do have in ennis and farah, so just pick one and the other can be left out

chrisD

Coach
No way does Dugan push Hayne out of FB, Gidley might, he shouldn't but he still might, Dugan should get the spare wing spot, Cooper and Lyon in the centers, Jennings knee is too big a risk otherwise you could flip a coin between him and Cooper. No way does Waterhouse push Lewis to the bench. Perry and Weyman will start, White will be on the bench, Creagh, Waterhouse, Mason and Snowden between them will take 2 bench spots.

Alot depends on what they do with Gidley. If they play him at FB Dugan doesn't get picked and Carney probably gets the 6. They might put Gidley at 6 and Carney as utility on the bench. Given the way things have been going the best I can hope for is Gidley going to the bench and Carney starting at 6, but I can't see them leaving Gidley out of the starting line up.

88.Knights

Juniors
1.gidley(c)
2.bmorris
3.lyon
4.tahu
5.dugan
6.carney
7.kimmorley
8.weyman
9.ennis
10.galloway
11.watmough
12.creagh
13.waterhouse

14.young
15.lewis
16.mason
17.snowden

but it doesn't really matter who nsw pick where still gonna wipe the floor with qld

gerg

Juniors
We have a habit of picking on Name instead of Form so nothing would surprise me. I honestly think that Dugan could handle it but I don't think the selectors will pick him. Hopefully they make him 18th man for games 1 and 2 and give him a run in the 3rd if there are injuries or its a dead rubber (very doubtful unless its QLD 2 zip, which may happen if the selectors do their usual). Below is the team I'd like to see.

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Tahu
4. Idris
5. Hayne
6. Lyon
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Watmough
12. Waterhouse
13. Gallen

14. TLL
15. Gidley
16. Lewis
17. Mason

You have two utility players on the bench - the backs utility should go to Carney by they will pick Gidley no doubt.

abpanther

Staff member
Do people realise that Jennings is just getting some crap cleaned out from his knee? It's not a knee reconstruction!! He should only miss one game, 2 tops...

timka4

Bench
Brad Fittler's NSW team from Big pond Sport

1. K. Gidley
2. J. Hayne
3. M. Jennings
4. M. Cooper
5. B. Morris
6. B. Finch
7. B. Kimmorley
8. J. Perry
9. M. Ennis
10. M. Weyman
11. T. Waterhouse
12. B. Creagh
13. A. Watmough

14. A. Laffranchi
15. T. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. B. White
17. L. Lewis

18. J. Idris
19. T. Carney

he also believes he has heard talk of Beau Scott playing in the centres. Doesn't believe bird and J Morris should be in the team,

what are your thoughts?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Do people realise that Jennings is just getting some crap cleaned out from his knee? It's not a knee reconstruction!! He should only miss one game, 2 tops...

Yes but he needs to do it before he will be considered for NSW

chrisD

Coach

We'll have to wait and see, he's in my side if he's 100% but imo any knee surgery is a major thing. If it really is such a simple minor thing I have to wonder why it hasn't already been done.

chrisD

Coach
Brad Fittler's NSW team from Big pond Sport

1. K. Gidley
2. J. Hayne
3. M. Jennings
4. M. Cooper
5. B. Morris
6. B. Finch
7. B. Kimmorley
8. J. Perry
9. M. Ennis
10. M. Weyman
11. T. Waterhouse
12. B. Creagh
13. A. Watmough

14. A. Laffranchi
15. T. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. B. White
17. L. Lewis

18. J. Idris
19. T. Carney

he also believes he has heard talk of Beau Scott playing in the centres. Doesn't believe bird and J Morris should be in the team,

what are your thoughts?

He's got a soft spot for Finch where Carney, Anasta, Campo and Soward are all better, Lyon and Gallen are a certainty, Waterhouse in front of Lewis is wtf territory and f**k Gidley being anywhere but the bench, but sadly him at FB will probably happen.

Hutchy86

Juniors
For the life of me, I can't fathom why Josh Perry is rated at all. Or Brett White.
mate I agree 100%... good first graders at best
Galloway and Weyman to start, Snowden and TLL to come off the bench.
Plenty of size and mongrel, minus the marshmellows

mate I agree 100%... good first graders at best
Galloway and Weyman to start, Snowden and TLL to come off the bench.
Plenty of size and mongrel, minus the marshmellows
Yep well said, however knowing selectors, they will probably opt for perry and white. Your front rowers seems very strong, however maybe mason could be there instead of snowden. However Snowden is realy good, and next in line from those 4.

isaiah

Bench
If they pick this bloke, I'll dead set give up. He did absolutely f**k all last night but Fittler and Taylor still blew their load over him.

I think Ennis deserves first crack at the #9 as he is the incumbent, but they could do worse than having Farah on the bench. He would certainly be more effective than Gidley.

Snowden has potential, but too many mistakes in him at this stage IMO. Josh Perry is also another ridiculous selection.

i agree about fittler and taylor

timka4

Bench
dunno bout you guys, but lyon when he is playing centre for what ive seen since last year and this year (maybe he has done it for more than a year?)

keeps on doing these little grubbers when he is out wide when there is no room for running or movement instead of tacking the tackle. Its not as if its last as well, he does it like on tackle 3/4 and stuff, i havent seen it work once yet.

He did it twice in origin 1 last year to wolf man, 1 went out and the other i think was pounced on easy. He did it as well against the dragons last sat night

If he gets selected for origin which im cool for but he does this grubbering sh*t im gonna kill him (unless he can actually learn to judge the weight on his grubbers better)

farmeister

Juniors
From the SMH today (sorry, won't let me post a link, but you'll find it on leaguehq):

Bird locks in his surprising case for Blues selection - as a back-rower

Even Greg Bird thinks Greg Bird should not play 5/8 for NSW!

Of course, knowing our selectors, that's all they need to hear to give Bird the #6 jersey for NSW this year.

The Gambler

Juniors
I think the selector's would have a pretty good idea now, only a few positions are up in the air making the upcoming round of league important. I think the centre's, second row and a few bench spots could still go to anyone.

1. Gidley (c)
2. Hayne
3. Tahu, Lawrence, Cooper, Idris, Jennings
4. Tahu, Lawrence, Cooper, Idris, Jennings (if Morris plays this weekend he will take on spot).
5. Morris
6. Lyon
7. Kimmorley (Pearce would have to play this weekend to be picked IMO).
8. Perry
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. TLL
16. Kite
17. Waterhouse

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Sadly I think that is about the correct team... And I would bet money on Tahu and Cooper being the centres as well.

Get ready for 5 straight losses.

Dutchy

Immortal
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ock-origin-axing/story-e6frexnr-1225864266109

AUSTRALIAN and Cronulla enforcer Paul Gallen is facing omission from the NSW side for State of Origin I. The Daily Telegraph can reveal Blues coach Craig Bellamy is considering a back-row comprising Manly's Anthony Watmough, St George Illawarra's Ben Creagh and Penrith's Trent Waterhouse for the Sydney clash on May 26.
Should Gallen be dropped? Vote in our poll below

Watmough, Creagh and Waterhouse were part of the victorious NSW side from Origin III last year and Bellamy has told sources in Melbourne he wants to be loyal for the first game this season.

Gallen was strong for Australia on Friday night against New Zealand and has been robust and powerful in a struggling Cronulla side this year.
However, it is unlikely he would be chosen on the interchange bench if overlooked for a starting spot.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Results: Vote

Thanks for voting!

Should Paul Gallen be dropped for Origin?

• Yes 57.11% (675 votes)
  • No 42.89% (507 votes)
Total votes: 1182

Related Coverage

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Gallen missed Origin III last year through injury.

The NSW side will be announced next Monday, with selectors left to ponder a number of positions after a successful Friday night of representative football.

Selectors will have to decide whether:

* INCUMBENT skipper Kurt Gidley plays fullback or off the bench;

* MANLY'S Jamie Lyon will be chosen at centre or five-eighth; and

* SYDNEY Roosters star Mitchell Pearce can return early from injury and push for the Blues halfback spot.

Gidley appears ready to claim the No. 1 jumper with Jarryd Hayne likely to be named on the wing, as he was with the Australian side.

Canberra's rising star Josh Dugan also has claims after a sensational performance for Country against City on Friday night in Port Macquarie.

Hayne and Brett Morris should be the wingers although the centre position remains open.

Aside from Lyon, Timana Tahu, Michael Jennings and Jamal Idris are candidates. Idris's size and power have some calling for his inclusion, despite him still being a teenager.

Lyon also heads the list for five-eighth along with Brett Finch, Greg Bird and Todd Carney.

Bird was quiet for Country but is tough and uncompromising - traits suited to Origin football. Carney would further press his claims with a big match for the Roosters against North Queensland tonight. But selectors would ideally like to name Lyon at centre. Pearce is considering a shock return next weekend from injury - a move which could see him named for NSW. But at the moment Brett Kimmorley is favourite for the number seven jumper.

"I'd love another shot at Origin," Kimmorley said yesterday. "I enjoyed playing in Origin III last year. I guess I have to play well this Friday night [against St George Illawarra]."

Dragon Michael Weyman all but nailed down a starting position at prop with his performance for Australia against the Kiwis. Melbourne's Brett White is favourite for the other spot ahead of Manly's Josh Perry.

Canterbury's Michael Ennis has the edge over Wests Tigers' Robbie Farah at hooker.