What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

League Legend

Juniors
This side would win us the series

1.Gidley
2.Stewart
3.Cooper
4.Lawerance
5.Jennings
6.Campese
7.Campbell
8.Weyman
9.Farah
10.Bailey
11.Hindmarsh
12.Watmough
13.Tounge

14.Morris(dogs)
15.Laffranchi
16.Creagh
17.Sutton

No, and once the Props went off for a rest it would be the midget forward pack v's Queensland

Ladmate

Bench
And anyway NSW lost because THEY COULDNT SCORE POINTS. Period.

Farah is the second-most creative hooker (Cam is 1st) and that will certainly help NSW score points.

Jono1987

Juniors
My team after 6 rounds...

1. Brett Stewart (Has so much pace and can sniff a try from anywhere)
2. Joel Monaghan (Arguably doesn't deserve a place but is tall and generally solid.)
3. Michael Jennings (Please pick him. Real X-factor about him. Also has a tonne of pace)
4. Chris Lawrence (Would have had J. Morris here but looks like he's gone for awhile. Still Lawrence is strong in defence and has plenty of pace.)
5. Colin Best/Bryson Goodwin (Both are my bolters for this years Origin. Can't split them. Both are in pretty good form. I guess I'd pick Colin Best if I had to soely based on his height...)
6. Terry Campese (Easily the most creative player NSW has. MUST be picked imho.)
7. Peter Wallace (Solid defender and has a good boot. Can be creative.)
8. Luke Bailey (Plays like a second-rower. High workrate, plays plenty of minutes and has a huge heart.)
9. Michael Ennis (Gritty, good defender and plays very well to a plan.)
10. Michael Weyman (Can bend the line back. Rugged and built for Origin.)
11. Anthony Laffranchi (High work-rate and can sniff a try close to the line.)
12. Ben Creagh (Good runner of the football and a solid defender. Can go the distance.)
13. Paul Gallen (Grub :p. Tough, uncompromising and will give it his all.)

14. Kurt Gidley (Very unlucky not to start. Can play any backline position and potentially hooker. A must for any side.)
15. Brent Kite (Can bend the line back being a strong ball-runner. Just edges out Keith Galloway for the spot.)
16. Ben Cross (Tough and has plenty of heart.)
17. Anthony Watmough (Playing some great footy. Strong ball runner and can put a hit on. Could switch with Laffranchi to start the game.)

18. Robbie Farrah (Unlucky to miss out but I just think Ennis is more suited to Origin. However, I would not be surprised or dissapointed if Farrah was the hooker. More creative then Ennis but not as solid a defender imo.

adamkungl

Immortal
my side after another round of footy

1 - Gidley
2 - Monaghan
3 - Jennings
4 - Cooper
5 - Stewart On fire. Gidley and Stewart both deserve a spot, Stewart would be better on the wing than Gidley.
6 - Campese Anasta at lock.
7 - Wallace I've said before I'd be happy with any combination of Anasta/Campese + Pearce/Wallace. I'm sticking to that. But Pearce and Anasta are in quite good form...and Wallace has been less than convincing in recent weeks. Pearce catching up.
8 - Weyman
9 - Ennis or Farah. At this stage i'd still pick Ennis.
10 - Bailey
11 - G Stewart Had Fitzy here, but not playing enough minutes or making enough metres for Origin this year methinks.
12 - Watmough
13 - Anasta

14 - Lewis
15 - Kite
16 - Creagh
17 - Galloway

tiger_nick

Bench
Farah outshone Smith today. And why are people so high on Ennis?

mediawankfest after he had 2 good games in a row. i thought he was average to start the year. was kicking out on the full twice a game sometimes. i can just see him giving a stupid penalty away in the 75th minute when its 18-18 to give qld the win.

tiger_nick

Bench
1. Gidley (c)
2. Lawrence
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Laffranchi
13. Gallen

14. Creagh
15. Galloway
16. Waterhouse
17. Sutton

That bench would absolutely demolish QLD and the left side attack of Jennings and Lawrence running off Campese/Wallace then Sutton would be bullsh*t

Joker's Wild

Coach
After last nights game I think Farah is ahead of Ennis at this stage. His kicking game, especially close to the line, is fantastic and he certainly knows when to time his dummy half runs.

The one thing that concerns me though is the number of mis-directed passes that he throws. Maybe its his wide men not being in position but it is a bit of a concern.

Also, Chris Lawrence deserves a spot in the centres/wing. His D is solid now (it has been awful in the past) and his pace is unbelievable, he out run Slater for christ's sake.

GB!

Juniors
only team to challenge the mighty QLD:

1 stewart (picks himself)
2 williams (will come good this week, hard returning winger, solid defender)
3 lyon (form centre from both states & now back kicking goals)
4 jennings (need his speed & x factor)
5 monaghan (good jumping for ball, good defender)
6 gidley (should be in the team somewhere getting his hands on the ball)
7 campese (plays a lot of 1st receiver at faiders, good pairing with gidley IMO)
8 perry (will find last years form, good go forward)
9 farrah (ennis is a turd)
10 weyman (NSW need someone who is tuff)
11 watmough (hard running, hard hitting, has speed & ball skills, can play 80mins)
12 gallen (everyone has him in their team & has plenty of grunt)
13 stewart (hard hitting, ball playing forward, can play 80mins)

14 lewis (covers back row, and most back line positions)
15 kite (hard running, ball skills, can play front row & back row)
16 creagh (playing good footy this year, been a consistent performer over his career)
17 bailey or galloway (both playing good)

18 laffranci

plenty of size, plenty of speed, plenty of ball players, good goal kicker.
Qld side will be full of superstars who are not as in much form as the team above.

adamkungl

Immortal
my side after another round of footy

1 - Gidley
2 - Monaghan
3 - Jennings
4 - Cooper
5 - Stewart On fire. Gidley and Stewart both deserve a spot, Stewart would be better on the wing than Gidley.
6 - Campese Anasta at lock.
7 - Wallace I've said before I'd be happy with any combination of Anasta/Campese + Pearce/Wallace. I'm sticking to that. But Pearce and Anasta are in quite good form...and Wallace has been less than convincing in recent weeks. Pearce catching up.
8 - Weyman
9 - Ennis or Farah. At this stage i'd still pick Ennis.
10 - Bailey
11 - G Stewart Had Fitzy here, but not playing enough minutes or making enough metres for Origin this year methinks.
12 - Watmough
13 - Anasta

14 - Lewis
15 - Kite
16 - Creagh
17 - Galloway

EDIT: Stewart out for 12 weeks

1 - Gidley
2 - Monaghan
3 - Jennings
4 - Cooper
5 - Hayne
6 - Campese
7 - Wallace
8 - Weyman
9 - Ennis
10 - Bailey
11 - G Stewart
12 - Watmough
13 - Anasta

14 - Lewis
15 - Kite
16 - Creagh
17 - Galloway

Jebediah

Juniors
1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. David Williams
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Terry Campese
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Brent Kite
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey
11. Ben Creagh
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke O’Donnell

14. Mick Weyman
15. Chris Heignington
16. Mick Ennis
17. Luke Lewis

tigr3

Juniors
My team after 6 rounds...

1. Brett Stewart (Has so much pace and can sniff a try from anywhere)
2. Joel Monaghan (Arguably doesn't deserve a place but is tall and generally solid.)
3. Michael Jennings (Please pick him. Real X-factor about him. Also has a tonne of pace)
4. Chris Lawrence (Would have had J. Morris here but looks like he's gone for awhile. Still Lawrence is strong in defence and has plenty of pace.)
5. Colin Best/Bryson Goodwin (Both are my bolters for this years Origin. Can't split them. Both are in pretty good form. I guess I'd pick Colin Best if I had to soely based on his height...)
6. Terry Campese (Easily the most creative player NSW has. MUST be picked imho.)
7. Peter Wallace (Solid defender and has a good boot. Can be creative.)
8. Luke Bailey (Plays like a second-rower. High workrate, plays plenty of minutes and has a huge heart.)
9. Michael Ennis (Gritty, good defender and plays very well to a plan.)
10. Michael Weyman (Can bend the line back. Rugged and built for Origin.)
11. Anthony Laffranchi (High work-rate and can sniff a try close to the line.)
12. Ben Creagh (Good runner of the football and a solid defender. Can go the distance.)
13. Paul Gallen (Grub :p. Tough, uncompromising and will give it his all.)

14. Kurt Gidley (Very unlucky not to start. Can play any backline position and potentially hooker. A must for any side.)
15. Brent Kite (Can bend the line back being a strong ball-runner. Just edges out Keith Galloway for the spot.)
16. Ben Cross (Tough and has plenty of heart.)
17. Anthony Watmough (Playing some great footy. Strong ball runner and can put a hit on. Could switch with Laffranchi to start the game.)

18. Robbie Farrah (Unlucky to miss out but I just think Ennis is more suited to Origin. However, I would not be surprised or dissapointed if Farrah was the hooker. More creative then Ennis but not as solid a defender imo.

As of the end of round 6, Ennis has an average of 25 tackles, with 4 missed tackles per game (5th worst in the NRL). Robbie Farah has an average of 33 tackles, with 2.67 missed tackles a game. I dont know what u mean by suited to origin, but if u mean:
Makes less tackles
Misses more tackles
Scores less tries (Farah .033 avg, ennis 0)
Makes less line breaks (Farah .05 avg, ennis 0)
Kicks less 40/20's (Farah 2, ennis 0)
Makes more errors (Farah 1.5 avg, ennis 1.67)
Makes less metres (Farah 75.5 avg, ennis 52)
Makes less offloads (Farah 1.33 avg, ennis 1) and;
Has less tackle breaks (Farah 21, ennis 9)
than your competition for the position, then yeh i reckon Ennis has the position sewn up.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well it is from these dudes

Luke Bailey (Titans), Colin Best (Rabbitohs), Terry Campese (Raiders), Matt Cooper (Dragons), Ben Creagh (Dragons), Ben Cross (Knights), Michael Ennis (Bulldogs), Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers), Paul Gallen (Sharks), Keith Galloway (Wests Tigers), Kurt Gidley (Knights), Jarryd Hayne (Eels), Ryan Hoffman (Storm), Michael Jennings (Panthers), Brent Kite (Sea Eagles), Anthony Laffranchi (Titans), Chris Lawrence (Wests Tigers), Luke Lewis (Panthers), Jamie Lyon (Sea Eagles), James McManus (Knights), Mark Minichiello (Titans), Joel Monaghan (Raiders), Josh Morris (Bulldogs), Jarrod Mullen (Knights), Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys), Mitchell Pearce (Roosters), Josh Perry (Sea Eagles), Justin Poore (Dragons), Anthony Quinn (Storm), Michael Robertson (Sea Eagles), Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles), Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles), John Sutton (Rabbitohs), Alan Tongue (Raiders), Anthony Tupou (Sharks), Peter Wallace (Broncos), Trent Waterhouse (Panthers), Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles), Michael Weyman (Dragons), David Williams (Sea Eagles).

Gaba

First Grade
1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. David Williams
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Terry Campese
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Brent Kite
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey
11. Ben Creagh
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke O’Donnell

14. Mick Weyman
15. Chris Heignington
16. Mick Ennis
17. Luke Lewis

Pearce will not be selected if nsw wants to make a game of it

sooperdooper

First Grade
people who are mentioning williams... you do mean John Williams right?
Not his brother... who cant even crack the manly squad!

John Williams is a far better player.

My origin squad:

1. Gidley (stewart injured)
2. Monaghan (hasnt had a good start but proven at origin)
3. Jennings
4. Cooper (injured but picks himself. Unlucky Lawrence and Brett Delaney)
5. Hayne (same as monaghan)
6. Campere
7. Wallace
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Laffranchi
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Luke Lewis (can cover 1-13)a proper utility
15. Justin Poore
16. Sutton (ball player can cover 2nd row, lock, 5/8,) Unlucky Mateo, Watmough
17. Kite (same as monaghan/hayne)

I have gone for some new blood in the squad... and some players who have played origin and proven performers
unlucky players are:
Watmough
O'Donnell
Mateo
Lawrence
Delaney
Glenn Stewart

I said it in the other thread, I know its only a preliminary squad but some of the players named.....

How can the find room for guys like Tupou and Hoffman, who have been sh*t for ages, and leave out a guy like Learoyd Lahrs who is absolutely killing it?