What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

1. Gidley
2. Best
3. Jennnigs
4. Monaghan
5. Lawrence (or vice versa with Mona)
6. Campese
7. Mullen
8. Bailey
9. Farah (Farah is so far ahead of Ennis that grub it ain't funny. Ennis isn't fit to tie Farah's bootlaces.)
10. Kite
11. Laffranchi
12. Watmough
13. O'Donnell

14. Lewis
15. Galloway
16. Weyman
17. Stewart

ByRd

First Grade
Farah isnt farrrrrr ahead of Ennis, they are different players but both very effective and Ennis is a gritty player which is perfect for origin. In saying that though my team for origin 1 would be:

1. Gidley
2. Monahagn
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Lawrence
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Weyman
9. Farah(reason being is that as we have young halves with little experience at this level a more ball playing hooker would be best)
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Waterhouse
15. Cross
16. Laffranchi
17. Lewis (can play forwards and cover for the backline)

TimmyB

Juniors
Ennis doesn't have much goddamn grit. If Ennis had the ball skills of Farah he wouldn't be referred to as gritty because he's ball skills would outshine that. Which is pretty much what happens to Farah.

The fact that people praise Ennis' defense says it all. Made 2/3rds the tackles of farah and missed twice as many!!!

ByRd

First Grade
Ennis is the link for the Bulldogs to Morris and Goodwin and his vision out of dummy half is awesome. To say he has no ball skills is a joke and shows you havnt seen a dogs game this year.

watatank

Coach
What's with all the arguing over who the better hooker is? There's no reason we can't play both in the team and carve up Qld's forwards around the ruck area...

TimmyB

Juniors
I didn't say he had no ball skills, I just said they weren't up to the standard of Farah's...which you pretty much admitted yourself. I just think that because Farah has such a flashy style people think he can't do the basics or can't play tight when he needs to, or that he isn't as tough as Ennis, which just isn't true.

Ennis has excellent vision, I'll give you that.

ByRd

First Grade
Yeh, as i said, with our halves (hopefully being Campese/Wallace) Farah and his vall playign out of dummy half would be a great bonus and probably what they will do. But they both could play with Ennis coming off the bench which could be another idea

Rusty

Juniors
I think with Gidley a certainty at fullback the selectors will bring Mullen in at half considering how well their combination is working at the Knights.

Yosh

Coach
I think I'll have a punt at what I think should run out game one:

1. Kurt (only real option now, should have been 1st choice anyways)
2. McManus (I know I know, but he is really playing well!)
3. Cooper (still quality)
4. Jennings (We need some spark)
5. Lawarnce (Aint Falou but best we got!)

6. Mullen (I am loving TCampese's moves but Mullen is a superior player, it will show in years to come)
7. Wallace (Solid and WBennett saw something special in him, probably need him)

8. Bailey (been missing but class is permenant)
9. Ennis (Yes Farah is good but we need a arsehole playing here and being really annoying all game and Ennis is quality as well, kicks goals good to)
10. Kite
11. Laffranchi (Quality)
12. Creagh (Damaging, I see a younger more robust version of Simmo)
13. Watmough (tough little bugger built for Origin)

14. Luke Lewis (been there and can play anywhere now)
15. Waterhouse (playing good)
16. Hindmarsh (special player, should leave Parra immediately)
17. Weymen (loving it son)

Bit short on qualtiy props though. Waterhouse is huge so should cover well! If anything needs more AKu Uate!

mongoose

Coach

6. Mullen (I am loving TCampese's moves but Mullen is a superior player, it will show in years to come)

9. Ennis (Yes Farah is good but we need a arsehole playing here and being really annoying all game and Ennis is quality as well, kicks goals good to)
10. Kite
11. Laffranchi (Quality)

Bit short on qualtiy props though. Waterhouse is huge so should cover well! If anything needs more AKu Uate!

Mullen is superior to campese, how is that? isn't mullen starting from the bench for the knights?

i hope you're not serious about aku uate either

1. KURT GIDLEY
2. JOEL MONAGHAN
3. MICHAEL JENNINGS
4. MATT COOPER
5. JARRAD HAYNE
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. PETER WALLACE
8. LUKE BAILEY
9. ROBBIE FARAH*
10. BRENT KITE
11. ANTHONY LAFFRANCHI
12. GLENN STEWART
13. PAUL GALLEN
---
14. BEN CROSS
15. BEN CREAGH
16. ANTHONY WATMOUGH
17. LUKE LEWIS (Best versatility at this stage)

18. JAMES McMANUS (I like him)

* Ennis a possibility however, we will see in the coming weeks - hooker up for grabs.

voltron

Juniors

10. Kite
11. Laffranchi (Quality)

i wouldnt put mcmanus outside cooper
cuz isnt jennings and lawrance up and down in defense?
i wouldnt mind campese on the bench then
he can cover other positions as well
ive liked what ive seen waterhouse, but i dunno about selecting him for origin
probably another prop on the bench because the second rowers selected arent really ones who can play both
and creagh at lock and watmough to 11

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mullen is superior to campese, how is that? isn't mullen starting from the bench for the knights?

i hope you're not serious about aku uate either

No, Mullo was on the bench for 2 games after coming back early from a rib injury. He is a starting half for the Knights

sando88

Not a Moderator
if this isn't close to the team, then its a joke:

1. gidley (c) - only cos stewart is injured
2. Lawrence (big, strong, fast.. improving in defence.. would give him the option to run the ball when he wants)
3. Jennings (love his attacking prowess, havent seen penrith in too many games so not sure about his defence?)
4. Cooper (dont like him and hes been injured but defence really solid and will give him next few weeks to prove himself)
5. no clue.. dont want monaghan (sh*t) or mcmanus (too soon) or hayne (sh*t form)
6. Campese (no arguments, form player)
7. Wallace (don't like any of the halfs up for selection to be honest, but hes winning games for brisbane
8. Weyman (form prop.. continues for next few weeks then a shoe in)
9. Farah (are people blind, farah is better then ennis in every department)
10. kite (been soft this year but if fired up will do the job)
11. Laffranchi (great offloader, will open up holes in the qld defence)
12. Glenn Stewart (proven performer)
13. Waterhouse (what a season.. not sure if he can continue it if penrith dont win but?)

14. Creagh (workhorse)
15. Galloway (top form, always makes over 10m)
16. Watmough (outstanding form, always making line breaks)
17 Luke Lewis (best utility player atm)

Daddycool

Juniors
Gidley(c), McManus, Jennings, Lawrence, Moneghan, Campese, Mullen, Gallen, Waterhouse, Creagh, Weyman, Ennis, Cross.
Tongue, Sutton, Poore, Galloway.

Mullen, Jennings and McManus on the right. Campese, Lawrence and Moneghan on the left. Some handy club combinations there. Gidley, naturally working both sides.

Big boppers in Cross, Weyman, Waterhouse, Galloway and Poore are tailormade for Origin.

Tongue can come on after 20mins and stay on. He will do most of the tackling. Creagh and Sutton are two of the old style, long striding back rowers. They'll be running at the gaps, looking to break the line before getting an offload away.

Ennis over Farah because he will need to kick the goals (Gidley only kicks at 50%) and he will annoy the living hell out of the Qld'ers.