What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

sando88

Not a Moderator
Gidley(c), McManus, Jennings, Lawrence, Moneghan, Campese, Mullen, Gallen, Waterhouse, Creagh, Weyman, Ennis, Cross.
Tongue, Sutton, Poore, Galloway.

Mullen, Jennings and McManus on the right. Campese, Lawrence and Moneghan on the left. Some handy club combinations there. Gidley, naturally working both sides.

Big boppers in Cross, Weyman, Waterhouse, Galloway and Poore are tailormade for Origin.

Tongue can come on after 20mins and stay on. He will do most of the tackling. Creagh and Sutton are two of the old style, long striding back rowers. They'll be running at the gaps, looking to break the line before getting an offload away.

Ennis over Farah because he will need to kick the goals (Gidley only kicks at 50%) and he will annoy the living hell out of the Qld'ers.

campese is a goalkicker also where as ennis isnt even the 1st choice goalkicker for his own club therefore not regularly practicing

Ladmate

Bench
f**k everyone who voted for Ennis. Go watch a Tigers game and a Bulldogs game to get a clue. You are the f**kwits that made NSW lose 3 in a row. Go kiss his ass.

voltron

Juniors
lol
poor tigers fans
they feel so threatened
and theyre so used to this feeling as well

i personally dont mind either player playing for NSW because theyll both playing great for us
i would probably choose farah ahead of ennis though

Daddycool

Juniors
campese is a goalkicker also where as ennis isnt even the 1st choice goalkicker for his own club therefore not regularly practicing
When he slotted the match winner against Souths last Monday week, Ryan said after the game," he does as much work on his kicking as Hazam El Masri".

Ladmate

Bench
When he slotted the match winner against Souths last Monday week, Ryan said after the game," he does as much work on his kicking as Hazam El Masri".

Who gives a f**k if he can kick goals, Farah is better so he should be picked.

sando88

Not a Moderator
id be interested to see if there are any betting markets on the two hookers? anyone found one?

Daddycool

Juniors
f**k everyone who voted for Ennis. Go watch a Tigers game and a Bulldogs game to get a clue. You are the f**kwits that made NSW lose 3 in a row. Go kiss his ass.
Settle down, Farah would do a terrific job too, if selected. It's just that Ennis will niggle them to the point where they will be more intent on trying to chase after him, so they can whack him. Instead of focusing on rest of the NSW team.

Apey

Staff member

Lmao :lol:

Wow.

Is this really how upset you feel?

~knights~

Juniors
what's the deal with the h/b

in the papers(telegraph) they say wallace has it

the 'sunday footy 'show has mullen in front

where do they get their info from ???

typicalfan

Coach
besides if Campese gets picked then he should be the focal point of the attack and Ennis there can make that happen, Farah is a dominant player and wouldn't suit the side as well.

Joker's Wild

Coach
besides if Campese gets picked then he should be the focal point of the attack and Ennis there can make that happen, Farah is a dominant player and wouldn't suit the side as well.

I think playing with a dominant half like Benji flys in the face of your theory. After all, Joey and Lockyer had no issue playing together for the Roos

icewind

Juniors
these are my thoughts, for what it's worth:

1. Gidley
2. Jennings
3. Cooper
4. Monaghan
5. Lawrence
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Laffranchi
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Waterhouse
15. Weyman
16. Clinton
17. Campbell

Clinton and Campbell are obviously the most controversial. Clinton and Weyman on the bench provide plenty of impact. Campbell is the wild card imo. I know he's no chance to play, but he could be a slater/bowenesque type x-factor player nsw need.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
these are my thoughts, for what it's worth:

1. Gidley
2. Jennings
3. Cooper
4. Monaghan
5. Lawrence
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Laffranchi
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Waterhouse
15. Weyman
16. Clinton
17. Campbell

Clinton and Campbell are obviously the most controversial. Clinton and Weyman on the bench provide plenty of impact. Campbell is the wild card imo. I know he's no chance to play, but he could be a slater/bowenesque type x-factor player nsw need.

I like that team. I would swop Jennings and Monaghan though because Jennings isn't very good on the wing. Alot of people will jump up and down about a broncos fan selecting Clinton but he has been in great form this year and wouldn't look out of place at all. I also agree with Campbell but yea as you said he wont get selected.

petetheileet

First Grade
Hmm

Ive had a good think about Kite today....

Has he really earnt an origin spot with his form this year...

at the moment i would say Bailey, Weyman, Poore and even Cross are in front of him!

petetheileet

First Grade
also with what you said icewind...is soward that different a player than Presto??

if you are looking for some speed and spark why not give Jamie the last 10 of each half?

he is no where near ready to lead an origin side around the park but he could fill that 17 jersey quite well if you ask me

Dazzat

First Grade
I thought Keith Galloway really put his hand up for Origin today ... made hard metres and bent the line with just about every hit-up. I don't think you could say that about Weyman.

Tommax25

Bench
Hmm

Ive had a good think about Kite today....

Has he really earnt an origin spot with his form this year...

at the moment i would say Bailey, Weyman, Poore and even Cross are in front of him!

You are probably right about kite but jeez he'd be unlucky to miss out again. I mean he was going great guns last year in a winnings team but missed out (despite being picked for Australia). I think he deserves a shot based on his cumulative form from the past 18 months.

sando88

Not a Moderator
yes galloway certainly proved he should be picked

farah had a fairly quite game in attack with benji taking the spotlight.. altho in saying that he made 45 tackles! alot more then normally, and he still made quite a few good runs from dummy half

tigr3

Juniors
yes galloway certainly proved he should be picked

farah had a fairly quite game in attack with benji taking the spotlight.. altho in saying that he made 45 tackles! alot more then normally, and he still made quite a few good runs from dummy half

Yeah, and also half of those runs deserved a penalty but for some reason they weren't given. Ennis may have had a better game today, but one game does not a great player make. Even when farah is quiet he still plays well. When he is on fire, well, there is just no comparison, and i think the stats back up that statement.

Latest posts