What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

Blind Freddy

Juniors
My 17 would be

1. Gidley
2. Mcmanus
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Farah (C)
10. Bailey
11. Lafranchi
12. Gallen
13. O'Donnell

14. Lewis
15. Toungue
16. Stewart
17. Weyman

MacDougall

First Grade
Neither Laffranci nor Stewart impressed me last night when compared to Creagh and Mini2. They may not get picked but they are def the ones I would select.

Lewis being 18th man for Aust and missing out on any time in either game will have a massive effect on his chances of making the Blues side unfortunantly. He and Wing will fight out the 14 jersey IMO

I agree, but I doubt the NSW selectors will bump Stewart or Laffranchi unfortunately. Laffranchi has always been rather one dimensional. Works hard but isn't explosive. I don't think Creagh was GREAT last night, he was alright but I don't think he did enough to displace either of the incumbents.

Minichiello would have went ahead of Creagh last night I'd say. He really does look like a rep player and has been unlucky to have taken so long to get into contention. I think if people had have been paying attention to him earlier he would have played sooner. Still, I think either of these guys will have to bank on one of the other backrowers having a shocker in Game One or an injury between now and Game Two to get a look in at all.

Minichiello is a better chance to play at the expense of O'Donnell than the Australian players, but I'd say O'Donnell did enough last night in addition to his prior experience and style of play to get the nod.

Although also now that I think about it, Bailey being able to play a lot of game time might mean only one prop on the bench in which case their chances become much greater.

Campese is not the answer for NSW!. He only shows flashes of brilliance and I find he is too easy to shut down from a defensive teams View as he can be too predictable at times, He still is way to in-consistent to get the nod for SOO. I would of said the same with Sutton as he isn't a five-eighth at all. You need consistent players who you can bank on, Wing's running game is dangerous and he will threaten the Queensland defensive line all night, He'd be the Best option for NSW in terms of Number 6. His own trademark set-play that put Minichiello over just showcases how unpredictable Craig Wing is. He has many features to his game and the defensive line can never read what he is going to do, Campese has tried the chip and chase too often so clubs are aware of it now, He tried it in City Country didn't even come close to coming off. His only weapon is his kicking game & his offloading similar to Sutton, He is simply not quick enough as a ball runner to be effective for SOO he is too slow off the mark and will simply get monstered on 5th tackle plays like he did last night. You need the defensive line to back peddle and Farah & Wing as a combination running the ball will bamboozle Queensland's defensive line.

01. Kurt Gidley
02. Jarryd Hayne
03. Michael Jennings
04. Matt Cooper
05. Joel Monaghan
06. Craig Wing
07. Peter Wallace
08. Luke Bailey
09. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Paul Gallen

14. Luke Lewis
15. Luke O'Donnell
16. Justin Poore
17. Glenn Stewart

Ladmate

Bench
Campese is not the answer for NSW!. He only shows flashes of brilliance and I find he is too easy to shut down from a defensive teams View as he can be too predictable at times, He still is way to in-consistent to get the nod for SOO. I would of said the same with Sutton as he isn't a five-eighth at all. You need consistent players who you can bank on, Wing's running game is dangerous and he will threaten the Queensland defensive line all night, He'd be the Best option for NSW in terms of Number 6. His own trademark set-play that put Minichiello over just showcases how unpredictable Craig Wing is. He has many features to his game and the defensive line can never read what he is going to do, Campese has tried the chip and chase too often so clubs are aware of it now, He tried it in City Country didn't even come close to coming off. His only weapon is his kicking game & his offloading similar to Sutton, He is simply not quick enough as a ball runner to be effective for SOO he is too slow off the mark and will simply get monstered on 5th tackle plays like he did last night. You need the defensive line to back peddle and Farah & Wing as a combination running the ball will bamboozle Queensland's defensive line.

01. Kurt Gidley
02. Jarryd Hayne
03. Michael Jennings
04. Matt Cooper
05. Joel Monaghan
06. Craig Wing
07. Peter Wallace
08. Luke Bailey
09. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Paul Gallen

14. Luke Lewis
15. Luke O'Donnell
16. Justin Poore
17. Glenn Stewart

The bench is light. Another prop for O'Donnell or Stewart.

Downie

Guest Moderator
1. Gidley
2. McManus/Williams/Hayne (not fussed who gets it)
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Monaghan
6. Campese/Mullen (same as above)
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Farah
10. Bailey
11. Laffranchi
12. Stewart
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. O'Donnell/Minichello/Watmough (again, as above)
16. Weyman
17. Creagh/one of the possible 15's/Poore/don't care

The bench could go to anyone, really. Would like to see that backrow start though.

neeknitsuj

Juniors
1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Monaghan
6. Mullen
7. Campese
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Kite
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Gallen

14. Bailey
15. Galloway
16. Creagh
17. Lewis

I hope Glenn Stewart gets injured I don't want him to play.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1. Kirk Gidley
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Trent Barrett
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Brent Kite
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Anthony Topou
13. Paul Gallen

14. Willie Mason
15. Josh Perry
16. Luke O'Donnell
17. Michael Ennis

1. Kirk Gidley
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Peter Wallace
8. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Paul Gallen
13. Glen Stewart

14. Brent Kite
15. Josh Perry
16. Luke O'Donnell
17. Michael Ennis

stormysally

Juniors
NSW
1 Kurt Gidley
2 Jarryd Hayne
3 Michael Jennings
4 David Williams
5 Craig Wing
6 Terry Campese
7 Peter Wallace
8 Michael Weyman
9 Robbie Farah
10 Anthony Laffranchi
11 Glenn Stewart
12 Luke Bailey
13 Paul Gallen
14 Alan Tongue
15 Michael Ennis
16 Keith Galloway
17 Mark Minichiello

Frederick

Staff member
NSW
1 Kurt Gidley
2 Jarryd Hayne
3 Michael Jennings
4 David Williams
5 Craig Wing

6 Terry Campese
7 Peter Wallace
8 Michael Weyman
9 Robbie Farah
10 Anthony Laffranchi
11 Glenn Stewart
12 Luke Bailey
13 Paul Gallen
14 Alan Tongue
15 Michael Ennis
16 Keith Galloway
17 Mark Minichiello
:-s

macavity

Referee
posted this in another thread:

what is with all the G Stewart love..... He has been ordinary in a terrible team this year (wasn't even that fantastic last year). I have NFI how he got picked for the test, and would be very disappointed to see him in Origin - we have a heap of qualiy backrowers and he simpy doesn't deserve a spot - he isn't even in the top 10 NSW backrowers.

I just don't get it.

Parraren

Bench

what is with all the G Stewart love..... He has been ordinary in a terrible team this year (wasn't even that fantastic last year). I have NFI how he got picked for the test, and would be very disappointed to see him in Origin - we have a heap of qualiy backrowers and he simpy doesn't deserve a spot - he isn't even in the top 10 NSW backrowers.

I just don't get it.

i'll second that

Tommax25

Bench
Neither Laffranci nor Stewart impressed me last night when compared to Creagh and Mini2. They may not get picked but they are def the ones I would select.

Lewis being 18th man for Aust and missing out on any time in either game will have a massive effect on his chances of making the Blues side unfortunantly. He and Wing will fight out the 14 jersey IMO

2 try assist aint bad.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

I just don't get it.

I agree he's very ordinary.

GB!

Juniors
yeah pick gallen so he can give away more penalties....

whats with ball the love for this loser?

On form after the other night I'd go:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Michael Jennings
5. James McManus
6. Terry Campese (Mullen is definitely breathing down his neck though)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen

Res:
14. Anthony Watmough
15. Michael Weyman
16. Luke O'Donnell
17. Alan Tongue (Luke Lewis could go here, they don't need Wing though)

Billythekid

First Grade
1. Kurt Gidley
2. Mcmanus
3. Cooper
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Mullen
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Gallen
12. Creagh
13. Laffranchi

Interchange
14. Waterhouse
15. Minichello
16. Galloway
17. Wing

sando88

Not a Moderator
laffranchi is goneskis.. did everyone see his forearm to the head.. it was put on report

Jono078

Referee
Take 3 for me.

1 Kurt Gidley
2 Jarryd Hayne
3 Michael Jennings
4 Jamie Lyon
5 Joel Monaghan
6 Terry Campese
7 Peter Wallace
8 Luke Bailey
9 Robbie Farah