What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

God-King Dean

Immortal
I really think Cooper needed to be there. I fear Jennings is gonna get found out in defence.

Other than that, can't complain.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Paul Gallen (CRO) and Glenn Stewart (MAN) may not be certainties, the former is in a meeting at Sharkies at the moment, while the latter faces a one match ban for a dangerous throw in the Titans v Sea Eagles game.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Adam Hawse named it he didnt suggest it was a guess at the team... He suggested he got it from a source in the NSWRL...

I will be surprised if its different to the Ch 10 list

Raider_69

Post Whore
Can't believe they left out Lewis! Leading the Dally M's, 18th man for Australia!

Dont worry too much, i dont think that is the offical side
i dont think its being named for another few hours

however if it is the offical side... Lewis has been robbed

Sleep

Juniors
Laffranchi missing out was the biggest surprise for me if this is true. He and Monaghan are both very unlucky.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah you have to question Lewis's omission.

Also Monaghan missing out means that QLD's backline will enjoy a significant size and height advantage over our blokes. Monaghan was needed to shut down their air raids.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I really think Cooper needed to be there. I fear Jennings is gonna get found out in defence.

Other than that, can't complain.

Penance

Juniors
Yes I know, should go in interstate league, but will post it here for heavy discussion purposes. I saw it on 10 news - I can't remember all the players, but some of the players named were Kite, Craig Wing (what the), McManus, Robbie Farah (he won the battle with Ennis), Campese, Wallace, I think Gallen made it along with Glenn Stewart, Waymen from the Dragons, Jamie Lyon, Michael Jennings, Hayne from the Eels. Anthony Lafranchi missed out.
Obviously you didn't watch City vs Country.

Sutton got injured, and Wing slotted into 5/8 easily and helped them to a strong win. Injuries during origin will happen, and its good to have a player that can play fullback, centre, 5/8, halfback, hooker, lock.

Apey

Staff member
Can't believe they picked Campese over Mullen - but not complaining, I'd like to have him for the Bulldogs game.

Campese probably is the better player, but they better hope he gets some form back for Origin.

Bazal

Post Whore
No problem with Farah being there at 9...but supposely he and Ennis were fighting it out for that spot, yes? So why in f**k's name, if you're going to pick two hookers with one as a utility off the bench, would you not pick the two hookers who were supposedly the two in the frame? FMD...Gallen's selection is another joke, he's done nothing this year and has never done anything at origin level. Hopefully he misses with injury. Kite and Stewart haven't exactly been in great form either, but I guess there aren't many other options.

Overall, apart from that one selection of Wing that just seems totally illogical, it's a pretty good side.

Latest posts