What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

lockyrulz

Juniors
I'd have had Mullen in there, but still a very strong team. A lot more points in that then last year.

BD5733

Juniors
The team has alot of uncertainty about it that for sure.

McManus, Jennings, etc....

I like it though, we could fire or it could flop.

4 years ago the QLD team also had alot of uncertainty about it.

typicalfan

Coach
That's the side named based on Ch 10.

You have heard otherwise or comprehension not your strong point?
But it is not official it was an alleged leaked side or side "based on" what Hawse thought would be named.

It will be official in just under two hours.

And I am the one that fails in comprehension :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
It was
Gidley (C)
McManus
Lyon
Jennings
Hayne
Campo
Wallace
Kite
Farah
Bailey
O'Donnell
Stewart
Gallen

Wing
Poore
Weyman
Creagh

Fitz

Juniors
According to Channel Ten

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Terry Campese
7. Peter Wallace
8. Brent Kite
9. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Paul Gallen

14. Craig Wing
15. Ben Creagh
16. Michael Weyman
17. Justin Poore

Geeze Kitey is talented...playing both 8 and 10 is he u androtop

typicalfan

Coach
Lewis will be named 18th man like he is for every Rep team FFS
Both he and Wing are both playing good football I thought there could be room for both on the bench seeing as Lewis could be used as a backrower primarily and a utility if needed after Wing.

I wouldn't confirm this side until it is read out later.

Timbo

Staff member
Hmmm. I'm really beginning to doubt if that's the official side. That is an incredibly weak 3/4 line they've picked defensively. If one or two of them have an off night Queensland could score 40+.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geeze Kitey is talented...playing both 8 and 10 is he u androtop
Ease up f**kwit, it's called a mistake, easy enough to make. It was corrected within a few minutes.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Channel Ten will cop it if that's not the right team. What happens if one player thinks he's in and then he's out and vice versa?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
--> origin forum.

ffs.. I put it to you that if a member of your NRL team gets named in the origin team, it has an effect on your NRL team this weekend... Therefore a reasonable NRL fan would like to read about this in an NRL forum...

I suppose If your team didnt get any rep honours you may not be so interested..

At least ennis can headbutt a wall if he is cranky with that permanant head gear he wears...

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
There are 10 better 2nd rowers in the comp than Stewart. If you wanted some ball play you had to go for Lewis... he can tackle as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ffs.. I put it to you that if a member of your NRL team gets named in the origin team, it has an effect on your NRL team this weekend... Therefore a reasonable NRL fan would like to read about this in an NRL forum...

I suppose If your team didnt get any rep honours you may not be so interested..

At least ennis can headbutt a wall if he is cranky with that permanant head gear he wears...
Nothing to do with my team you goose, there is a forum set aside for Origin discussion, and has been that way for the six years this forum has been in existence. EVERY year someone like you posts it in NRL, EVERY year it gets moved to this Interstate forum. Simple stuff...

TimmyB

Juniors
I'm going to be very, very angry if Lewis misses out.

From a practical view, he's playing excellent football and would be a real asset in our quest to beat the scummy cane toads. Forgetting that, Lewis has always looked destined to be a great footballer - and I don't mean just an athlete. He's finally converting that into excellent football.

If he misses out, not only is NSW doing itself a disservice, but it's really, really rough on Lewis.

EDIT: With a bit of luck, Stewart will be suspended, Gallen to the second row and Lewis to lock.

typicalfan

Coach
Glenn Stewart will probably get suspended anyway but he was our best in the Test earlier and that form will count.

The one thing I hope stays true is Watmeow doesn't get chosen

Latest posts