What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW TEAM NAMED- Its bad

Downie

Guest Moderator
Get your hand off it. It's no coincidence that NSW won last year the second Lyon wasn't selected.

To blame the first two losses on a centre who got no ball cause the 5/8th didn't pass is a dopey thing to say.

Lyon has been in awesome form the last few games, he ripped up Brisbane's defence on the flanks (Wallace in particular, actually) and ended with two try assists (one from a kick, but still).

I actually don't mind Wallace at halfback as I believe he has some characteristics to make a great halfback at rep level. It was between him and Orford for me (considering Orford is leading the Dally M's).

No Kite? Ridiculous. He was great in the Test and against Brisbane on Sunday yet still can't get a jersey over Fitzgibbon and Tupou when we NEED another prop in there? Fitzgibbon has been in good form, yeah, but he's still past it. NSW doesn't really need another ball playing backrower on the bench with Tupou there.

And Hornby? ahaha. I like how the Dragons team who is coming third last and has been in poor form all year get three players in whilst the team coming third (and who finished second last year) only gets the one. Oh wait, Manly players don't have Channel 9 commentators batting off on air over them :sarcasm:

Edit: After thinking about it, Fitzgibbon making the side I can kinda agree with, but not BOTH of Fitzgibbon and Tupou, especially as we need another prop on the bench.

mxlegend99

Referee
And Hornby? ahaha. I like how the Dragons team who is coming third last and has been in poor form all year get three players in whilst the team coming third (and who finished second last year) only gets the one. Oh wait, Manly players don't have Channel 9 commentators batting off on air over them :sarcasm:
This part i have to agree with.

Ben Hornby is a f*cking terrible decision.

forward pass

Coach
Hopefully this will prove once and for all that the City/Country match means absolutely f**k all when it comes to NSW selection so can the commentators/administrators stop spinning that stupid line to justify a meaningless match !!

Wallace at half back is the worse selection in the history of SOO.
I hope to goodness he proves me wrong.

think thats harsh, wallace has played very well this year.

the other players i wanted to see in the halves were mullen or carney.

the rest are rubbish

i wouldve gone carney / mullen myself

Garts

Bench
x2

as intimidating as a dead budgie.

Agree that he is not intimidating and lacks some mongrel but he does the hard stuff and makes plenty of metres. Do not need the mongrel with Bird and Gallen in the side imo. Kite definately in better form than at least one of the props and deserves a spot, at least he will play for us this weekend though.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wallace at half back is the worse selection in the history of SOO.
I hope to goodness he proves me wrong.
He will.

He can't do worse then the last games Finch, Kimmorley or Mullen played in origin.

http://www.nrl.com/Clubs/SeaEagles/Players/tabid/10299/default.aspx?id=288

He's the form prop in the comp FFS.

I hope they don't pick him or Jamie Lyon all series. In fact, I hope Stewy doesn't pass his physical tommorow. Bellamy can get farked.
Form prop? :lol:

Downie

Guest Moderator
He was awesome for Manly yesterday. The game was turned on its head when he and L'Estrange came on.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Nah..danny wicks..can run like the wind:lol:

Funnily enough, CWB and I picked Origin teams for 2007 just after the series in 2006, and Wicks made the bench for my NSW team after the awesome debut season he had :p

Unfortunately, he didn't really kick on like he could've, but he's still been impressive this year.

And King doesn't do as much damage as Kite does when Kite's in form. Kite's a lot better at palming off players and breaking the line, King just runs it hard and straight and can pass before the line (should be our 5/8th :p)

Latest posts