What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nyc

aqua_duck

Coach
Only Chanel and Pete I think.

They all look the same though so I might have missed hm :)
lol wouldn't blame ya. He's still eligible for SG Bakll next year so might be behind a few older blokes but I've heard alot of good things about him and he was an Australian schoolboys Under 15's rep 2 years ago so has the junior rep credentials to go with the wrap.
How does Chanel compare to Pete in training (taking into consideration Pete is 2 years older)?

roopy

Referee
NYC: Newcastle Knights v Parramatta Eels
4.45pm Monday 21 June 2010
EnergyAustralia Stadium
1. Peter Mata’utia
2. Chanel Mata’utia
3. Harmony Hunt
4. Will Smith
5. Mitch Williams
6. Adrian Davis
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Jake Finn
9. Chad Redman
10. Josh Ailaomai
11. Zane Tetevano
12. Matt Herman
13. Ethan Cook (c)
14. Dane Cordner
15. Carl Means
16. Cruise Wilson
17. Neenan Simpson
18. Rodney Mason
19. Nick Dwan
20. Alai Taufa’ao

This week we play last placed Parra - but we have lost to second last placed Penrith and 3rd last placed Melbourne this year, in fact, they both flogged us.

We should win in a canter and jump from 8th place to 5th or 6th - but we only play good against the top sides, and Parra have just one lucky win to their name this season, two after this week i reckon.

Serc

First Grade
That team list is exactly as they ran out onto the park last week (if that means anything) except for Mason swapped out for Herman

Sucks they don't televise the Monday night NYC...they just replay one of the NRL matches from the day before instead!

Last edited:

Adsy

Juniors
If Taufa'ao sneaks onto the bench instead of Simpson then that's a side that should towel the Eels. However we never towel the teams we should.

roopy

Referee
If Taufa'ao sneaks onto the bench instead of Simpson then that's a side that should towel the Eels. However we never towel the teams we should.
Simpson did some good stuff as an impact hooker.
He needs to get his passing game a bit crisper and be a bit more selective with his runs, but he adds a lot when players are tired with his snappy runs and his chip kicks.

Adsy

Juniors
His passing in the main sucks from dummy half. His defence his sub par and I feel Taufa'ao is a better all round player. Just a few reasons why I want them to swap.

roopy

Referee
This is the last toss of the coin for Neenan.
Aloi has 2 years of NYC and could make his name in 2 or 3 positions.
Neenan is doing a good job and deserves a shot at proving himself.

Rolla

Juniors
This is the last toss of the coin for Neenan.
Aloi has 2 years of NYC and could make his name in 2 or 3 positions.
Neenan is doing a good job and deserves a shot at proving himself.

Wouldnt that make him a better prospect? all the more reason to play him. If it looks like Neenan is running out of time and isn't going to be as good or make the FG squad then he shouldn't be taking the spot of someone already as good with more potential.

roopy

Referee
Wouldnt that make him a better prospect? all the more reason to play him. If it looks like Neenan is running out of time and isn't going to be as good or make the FG squad then he shouldn't be taking the spot of someone already as good with more potential.
Neenan has a hell of a lot of talent.
If he is a chance to shine at hooker, we need to give him that chance.
It's my opinion that he is too tiny, but if the coach feels he has what it takes, he should find out by playing him.
Aloi will probably end up in the halves anyway, so bench time as a hooker is not that useful for him.

Serc

First Grade
NYC: Newcastle Knights v Gold Coast Titans
12.45pm Sunday 27 June 2010
Skilled Park
1. Peter Mata’utia
2. Nick Dwan
3. Harmony Hunt
4. Will Smith
5. Mitch Williams
6. Adrian Davis
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Jake Finn
9. Chad Redman
10. Josh Ailaomai
11. Zane Tetevano
12. Matt Herman
13. Ethan Cook (c)

Interchange:
14. Dane Cordner
15. Carl Means
16. Cruise Wilson
17. Neenan Simpson

I'll be there to watch them so will report back on what happened :)

Also a couple of changes from last week too (I think)

Adsy

Juniors
Good win from the boys last night in trying conditions.

Hope they have an extra hard dig leading into the bye. Could be in the top 4 if they win this week.

Serc

First Grade
This is the lineup that played on Monday night:

1. Pete
19. Dwan
3. Hunt
4. Will Smith
5. Mitch Williams
6. Davis
7. Roberts
8. Finn
9. Redman
10. Ailaomai
11. Tetavano
12. Herman
13. Cook

14. Cordner
15. Means
16. Wilson
20. Alai Taufaao

Serc

First Grade
And here's some stats from the game:

Finn 172m (19 runs, 17 hitups for 153m)
Cook 131m (17 runs, 17 hitups for 129m, 2 offloads, 1 line break)
Tetavano 116m (13 runs, 11 hitups for 106m, 1 offload)
Pete 110m (13 runs)

Tackle breaks
Pete 6
Roberts 6
Finn 5

Tackles
Redman 29 (missed 4)
Finn 25 (missed 1)
Cook 24 (missed 1)
Tetavano 23 (missed 3)
Herman 22 (missed none)

Nobody likes running at Ailaomai as he only made 4 tackles!

Dwan 2 line breaks

perverse

Referee
i'll say. awesome numbers for Finn. just judging by the numbers i'd say it was all quality work, too. high metres per run (heaps of metres!), low missed tackles. good stuff.

is Finn a potential first grader? if so, how far off is he? mainly asking Pika, Roopy... and anyone else who watches these guys often.

roopy

Referee
i'll say. awesome numbers for Finn. just judging by the numbers i'd say it was all quality work, too. high metres per run (heaps of metres!), low missed tackles. good stuff.

is Finn a potential first grader? if so, how far off is he? mainly asking Pika, Roopy... and anyone else who watches these guys often.
Finn has a huge motor and makes every run and tackle count, but for him to become a firstgrader he needs to find 4cm of height and 10kg of weight, and time is running out for him to find that. He has another season and a half of NYC to find some size, but right now he is too small for firstgrade.
I wouldn't mind seeing if they can move him to lock of somewhere. He could certainly play 80 minutes and run wide with great effect, rather than just be a battering ram against much bigger guys at prop.
He is 5'10" and 100kg, very athletic and has a huge motor - sounds ideal for lock to me.

Serc

First Grade
Sounds like he is built like Junior Sau (though slightly taller and leaner)

Edit: Well actually thats not a great comparison, I thought Sau was my height but just realised he is between 5"8 and 5"9!

Last edited:

Latest posts