What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season 2022-23

Rich102

Staff member
They have some pretty easy opposition at the bottom of the ladder.
I would hate to pick where we will end up. Could be our first spoon.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I have no doubt that the Tigers and Dogs will do better next year.
Dogs will for sure, they were already picking up (though we still spanked them, haha). Tigers not so sure. I'd bet my house that Ice is gonna do a Blair, for starters

BLN2

Juniors
It’s hard to see where the Dolphins get more than a couple of wins next season. Experienced but rapidly aging forward pack and the backs are paper thin

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

2. Edrick Lee

3. Euan Aitken

4. Valynce Te Whare/ Brenko Lee

5. Jamayne Isaako

6. Anthony Milford

7. Sean O'Sullivan

8. Mark Nicholls

9. Jeremy Marshall-King

10. Jesse Bromwich

11. Kenny Bromwich

12. Felise Kaufusi

13. Tom Gilbert

14. Kodi Nikorima

15. Ray Stone

16. Jarrod Wallace

17 ??? Ese ese I guess

A lot of work to be done there. Not many young guns, which is where they have fallen over, and no superstar. Wallace, Nikorima, Stone, Milford, Lee's are either past it or aren't NRL starters IMO. Starting pack is good, then falls off a cliff.

Will take 3 years to build the squad up, just like our reserve/juniors sides.

Munsta would not have been at Dolphins till 2024 anyway.
Interesting since he has won a premiership at Storm, new challenges, more money, Storms cap must be very tight if not double booked!
Wife/partner must have wanted to stay in Melbourne.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

2. Edrick Lee

3. Euan Aitken

4. Valynce Te Whare/ Brenko Lee

5. Jamayne Isaako

6. Anthony Milford

7. Sean O'Sullivan

8. Mark Nicholls

9. Jeremy Marshall-King

10. Jesse Bromwich

11. Kenny Bromwich

12. Felise Kaufusi

13. Tom Gilbert

14. Kodi Nikorima

15. Ray Stone

16. Jarrod Wallace

17 ??? Ese ese I guess

A lot of work to be done there. Not many young guns, which is where they have fallen over, and no superstar. Wallace, Nikorima, Stone, Milford, Lee's are either past it or aren't NRL starters IMO. Starting pack is good, then falls off a cliff.

Will take 3 years to build the squad up, just like our reserve/juniors sides.

Will be an achievement if they don't finish dead last.

Any injuries and they're buggered.

The troubling thing is they have very few players in the 22-28 range who you would consider 4-5 year+ players.

Aging pack will age quickly and there's a generation missing (in league years) that won't be ready to fill the void.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I have no doubt that the Tigers and Dogs will do better next year.
I have massive doubts the Tigers will do better.

Both their high-profile recruits have publicly shown a lack of commitment to the club. That'd be really frightening for me as a fan of a club who hasn't made the finals for 11 years and just picked up a wee wooden spoon. I know they showed signs at the end of last year, but they also got beaten 74-6 and 56-10 in the last 3 weeks.

And the Dolphins are not only likely to be rubbish, but gee their XVII looks like it'll be pretty boring to watch, too.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ben Hunt signs new deal with the Dragons, which leads Jayden Sullivan to ask for an immediate release to the Bulldogs

Eels announce the signings of Lane, Arthur and Murchie

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So is it true the new Auckland mayor is an old pisshead? I imagine Robinson will be inviting him to the owner's box for round one

One Warrior

Bench
Ben Hunt and two other players attend Dragons awards night, other 27 Top 30 players boycott it? Things not good at the Dragons.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So next year we have:

The Dolphins: year one team, paper thin roster with ageing pack
The Tigers: reigning spooners, star signings that look like they are going to phone it in
The Dragons: 80% of the team seemingly have more important things to do
The Warriors: are the Warriors
Manly: Have owners that make Mohawk look smart and star player with glass hamstrings
The Broncos: Fold like a pack of cards and their star forward wants out

The Dogs and Titans are going to be getting hopeful about the 8 at this rate.