What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season recruits

macnaz

Staff member
No my point was NC that it can never be ruled out 100% and im aware money and status wins more often than not but there are 8 or so charges and if they are bad enough who really knows. As far as Stewart i didnt predict either way, i just knew a result was due so could have been an example of someone doing time

N.C.

Juniors
No my point was NC that it can never be ruled out 100% and im aware money and status wins more often than not but there are 8 or so charges and if they are bad enough who really knows. As far as Stewart i didnt predict either way, i just knew a result was due so could have been an example of someone doing time

The thing that keeps me guessing is that some of these incidents apparently happened months ago. If they were "bad" enough to warrant a court appearance today, why was he not picked up back then? I'm not saying this means the incidents must not have been bad - just that it seems odd that they went unmentioned for so long... but then, I suppose this is where the old boys club comes into its own.

R2Coupe

Juniors
With Woods fit and Roqica having a big year, this may mean Dwyer will be able to play wide on the right.

Time to bring in Tagive and Finau to add much needed pace on the wing.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Dwyer on the right would be fantastic. I know it won't happen, but a starting pack of:

8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Gibbs
11. Ellis
12. Dwyer
13. Payten

would be immense. Hino, Fifita, BMM & Fulton off the bench with some extra depth as well (Flanagan, Woods, Shirnacks etc) and we're looking pretty good in the forwards next year.

Definitely need some pace on the right flank. I doubt Tuiaki will return to the wing but he would slot straight in for mine (not that he's quick, but he can get across the line). Brown would be next choice, doesn't seem quick off the mark but has pace once he gets going and seems a better option than Ryan.

Pretty comfortable with the squad tbh. Would definitely like a game breaker on the right side, which is why I like Dwyer working that side, but overall we're fairly strong in most positions.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about the possibility of having Tuiaki playing at Lock just romaing in attack on the fringes, running over little sh*ts like Soward

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
What about the possibility of having Tuiaki playing at Lock just romaing in attack on the fringes, running over little sh*ts like Soward
If he's got a football brain and vision in attack and defence that sounds great. Otherwise can only seeing him playing prop. Would be a modern miracle if he gets back to the old Tui on the wing.

R2Coupe

Juniors
For the team to continue to improve, an influx of new talent into the squad is needed each year.

We've had the success of Dwyer, Fifita, Lui and Murdoch-Masilia. This needs to continue with the addition of Woods, Roqica, Finau or Tagive. Moors also if he can get fitness and consistency into his game.

N.C.

Juniors
Is there a new Tagive or are we talking about the one who signed with the Dragons last year?

andrew9148

Juniors
No one can guarantee that 100% , if the allegations are true and what he had done is bad enough he may well do time. Also lets wait and see if Brett Stewart's celebrity status helps him.

How did B Stewart go? I can assure you 100% Lui wont go to prison. He would have had to have raped her. She wont get in the box and cut off her support for herself and kid. Its the same reason battered women dont go to the cops. its easier to have money and get belted. Its shocking and terrible but its a very sad part of society.

Borat.

Juniors
Lui will be starting half next year. The fact this is all going to be dealt with in the off season will help him. Much less publicity. Imagine if this had happened last week!

Gotta think he will still be with us next year- obviously Sheens rates him and is innocent till proven otherwise.... I think he will be cleared of at-least some of the 9 charges ...

Gotta think he will still be with us next year- obviously Sheens rates him and is innocent till proven otherwise.... I think he will be cleared of at-least some of the 9 charges ...

Borat what makes you think he will escape some of these very serious charges.Or is this just your general opinion.If even one of these allegations is found to be true then the club would have no option but to terminate his services.His alleged misdemeanours have no place in our society let alone our football club.