What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Frank Lampard Goal Tally in 07/08

Eddie.

Bench
Saint Dragon said:
Once the EPL starts this will thread will be dead, Lampard has no hope of reaching 10!

Well he has reached 10 in the Premiership. Im led to beleive he has only played 17 EPL games this season as well.

Well on track for another 20+ season.

Lampard > Ballack, or any other Chelsea midfielder

Still our driving force. If he leaves in the summer (which I don't think he will) we are in some strife.

Eddie.

Bench
El Coconuto said:
I'm telling you now, this will be the season Lampard's stock will clearly dip

Fish Eel is exactly right. Michael Ballack is a more complete player than Frank Lampard and has been morbidly misused.

Because Ballack would've complemented far more to Shevchenko's development than Lampard has.

With all due respect to Frank, he doesn't provide service to his strikers that any world class player provides. Which is fine, if he's happy to be known as the attacking midfielder who takes penalties with both hands wrapped firmly around his neck. But in a "world class team," he's the odd man out.

Which brings me to...

Prediction: 10-12 goals this season from Frank, and a serious dive in all fantasy competitions...

Hmmmmm... I Don't think so.

His stocks are probably higher then ever at Chelsea now.

Considering the pathetic performances dished up by the likes of Sidwell, Essien, Malouda and SWP in the midfield.

Ballack has been better this season. However Lampard has remained easily our number 1 midfielder. They have proved that they can and should play together.

Essien should be left out with his putrid form

Bumble

First Grade
That's the strangest part, people have still been putting Essien in their "Dream XI's" or "Make an XI out of the big four" etc

I guess they don't watch enough Chelsea

Eddie. said:
Lampard > Ballack, or any other Chelsea midfielder

if only ballack gave a sh*t ... isn't he chel$ki highest paid? this guy took the cash and ran. when he plays for germany nobody matches him, at chel$ki he has nothing to prove and collects a fat cheque. he should of signed somewhere else and put in effort and he hasn't and his reputation will die because of it. such a shame

Bumble said:
Until then that's just garbage. Frank is a great player, he's got the trophies, goals and big games to back that up

trophies? they had to buy a team full of world class players before fat fwank started winning trophies

Eddie.

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
trophies? they had to buy a team full of world class players before fat fwank started winning trophies

Yet Lamps was still our best midfielder by a distance and Mourinho (fair judge) said this on several occasions.

Espeically in the 2005 Premiership win.

fish eel

Immortal
fat frank spitting the dummy about his contract. he'll be gone.

hope he gets some balls and tests himself on the continant

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I don't want to take sides but I don't get this fat business, if he is fat how many of you are morbidly obese, really?

fish eel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
I don't want to take sides but I don't get this fat business, if he is fat how many of you are morbidly obese, really?

it comes more from his hammers days I think where he was, on occasion, a bit pudgy

Bumble

First Grade
If he leaves I'd like to see him go to a team in any league that has the potential to be great but is just missing that final product (him). By this I mean your Everton's, Fiorentina's, Atletico's etc

Or Celtic! :)

fish eel

Immortal
Bumble said:
If he leaves I'd like to see him go to a team in any league that has the potential to be great but is just missing that final product (him). By this I mean your Everton's, Fiorentina's, Atletico's etc

Or Celtic! :)

probably the right level for him as well, he'd want to be guaranteed a starting spot, after all.

Bumble

First Grade
fish eel said:
probably the right level for him as well, he'd want to be guaranteed a starting spot, after all.

I guess if Michael Ballack was my hero I'd be bitter about Lampard keeping him out of the starting side too;-)

fish eel

Immortal
Bumble said:
I guess if Michael Ballack was my hero I'd be bitter about Lampard keeping him out of the starting side too;-)

I guess if Michael Ballack was my hero, I'd point out that he is a much better allround player than Frank, and proved as much whilst Frank was out.

Munky

Coach
When Lampard single handedly drives his sh*t teams to within a whisker of 2 domestic titles, Champions League and a World Cup maybe he can be compared to Ballack.

Ballack was the unluckiest player in the 2001/2002 season.

He was brilliant.

Bumble

First Grade
fish eel said:
I'd stick pick him ahead of fwank.

Then you clearly don't watch enough Chelsea

That said, the pair of them have been quite handy together since Essien's form has started to slide

Latest posts