What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official NSW Game Two Team

D

Deleted member 10972

No real complaints, to be honest. Grant's selection is justified.

Still not sold on Morris, but to be honest there isn't really anyone else putting their hand up for the right centre position. Also not sure about Creagh - Watmough should have always been in the team instead of Creagh, and now with both Sims and Williams out of commission, I would have considered someone like Learoyd-Lahrs.

TimmyB

Juniors
Grant is a fantastic inclusion. Would've loved to see Woods in there somewhere as well - that way Grant and Tamou could have a spell at the same time and come on fresh at the same time.

In any case, I think this pack is a big chance of completely rolling over the top of the Queensland pack - which very nearly happened in the first game.

Shorty

Staff member
I think that's probably the strongest NSW could be, well with injuries into account.
I still don't get the Creagh love and I'm unsure why they've moved Gallen (people have mentioned what could happen).
Regardless I expect NSW to take this game and there should be a decider at Suncorp.

gronkathon

First Grade
Hopefully Gallen defends next to Carney as it will strengthen that edge and no doubt increase Todds confidence and that will have a flow on effect to that entire right structure

Hopefully Gallen defends next to Carney as it will strengthen that edge and no doubt increase Todds confidence and that will have a flow on effect to that entire right structure

then what does G. Stewart do? play tighter? this will mean he has a much greater workload in defence than he is used to. he wasn't at fault for the right-side breaking down in Game 1, and he is very much the right-edge man in the Manly structure with Watmough the tighter forward and part of the attacking tandem with Williams down the left. the number on the jersey means jack shit.

Carney doesn't need a baby-sitter. and it doesn't matter who the fourth bloke from the right is, if the right centre is the one failing in his defensive assignment.

if watmough can't get up for the game, i think it's going to have decent impact on the structure too. and if so, does Stuart bring Buhrer back in to be an interchange forward or take the bigger punt on giving Woods and yet another prop an origin debut? There are more eligible props running around in the NRL that have had a run in the NSW side, than those that haven't?

Chook Norris

First Grade
I disagree I think he's forced to take more runs in the front row than he is at lock. People say it's the same role but there's no proof of it when you look over his performances at lock compared to his performances in the front row.

if it means Gallen letting some of the other fresher props have a hit-up, i'm all for it. Quantity isn't necessarily quality

macnaz

Staff member
Can see the headlines in 2017, The blues to win it for retiring NSW stalwart Ben Creagh to break the 12 year drought.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Can see the headlines in 2017, The blues to win it for retiring NSW stalwart Ben Creagh, who will captain from the bench in the absence of Simon Mannering, to break the 12 year drought.

Last edited:

sputneek

Juniors
I have a feeling Pearce is going to have a blinder with this team! Watch for cut out passes and cross field kicks to Hayne and Jennings leaving the opposition in awe with pinpoint accuracy.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hayne and Jennings make those bombs look good.

It is time Junior's junior stepped up.

Mr Saab

Referee
I have a feeling Pearce is going to have a blinder with this team! Watch for cut out passes and cross field kicks to Hayne and Jennings leaving the opposition in awe with pinpoint accuracy.

This team? What is so different between this team and game one? Same backline, and only only change in the forwards.
NSW had a shyte load of ball and could still only score 2 tries from QLD not cleaning up bombs in game one.
Pearce is looking at another loss to his "illustrious" rep career.

Murf

Juniors
When you compare the forwards of both teams position to position and include the forwards on the bench, in my opinion for the first time since the mid 00's we might just have edged QLD for the better pack. Exciting times.

Mr Saab

Referee
When you compare the forwards of both teams position to position and include the forwards on the bench, in my opinion for the first time since the mid 00's we might just have edged QLD for the better pack. Exciting times.

Lucky they dont play em on paper eh?

betcats

Referee
We played last game with no five eigth, If Carney is even half awake this time then we'll get up by 10

No real complaints, to be honest. Grant's selection is justified.

Still not sold on Morris, but to be honest there isn't really anyone else putting their hand up for the right centre position. Also not sure about Creagh - Watmough should have always been in the team instead of Creagh, and now with both Sims and Williams out of commission, I would have considered someone like Learoyd-Lahrs.

TLL has been out-of-form of late. His last two performances were poor.

i'd like to see NSW get a try in an attacking play through the hands for a change.

Props
Scott, Petero, Hannant, Shillo VS Tamou, Grant, Merrin, Creagh

QLD 1-0. Double it when Creagh gets into the rotation.
QLD 2-0

QLD right vs NSW left
Thaiday, Taylor vs Bird, Watmough, Lewis. QLD

QLD 3-0

QLD left vs NSW right
Harrison vs G.Stewart. NSW, but Stewart needs the halves to help him. Harrison looked the goods in Game 1 because Cronk and Thurston helped him.

QLD 3-1

middle
Myles, Gillett vs Gallen, Bird. NSW

QLD 3-2

Boganater

Juniors
i'd like to see NSW get a try in an attacking play through the hands for a change.
They did try that a couple of times, NSW did with some success down the left. The right side were very pedestrian to say the least.
Carney,G Stewart and Morris need to work it out quickly.

They did try that a couple of times, NSW did with some success down the left. The right side were very pedestrian to say the least.
Carney,G Stewart and Morris need to work it out quickly.

nah. i mean a good old organised attacking set play on the 4th and 5th capitilising on the forwards work in gaining territory and the good ad lib work down the left as you mentioned. it was the the lack of organisation and a next play that prevented NSW from scoring points.

Last edited:

Boganater

Juniors
nah. i mean a good old organised attacking set play on the 4th and 5th capitilising on the forwards work in gaining territory and the good ad lib work down the left as you mentioned. it was the the lack of organisation and a next play that prevented NSW from scoring points.
Some set plays would be good but I think more ad-lib footy is the go in Origin with short prep and combinations etc. I'd have B.Stewart sniffing around Tamou, Bird and Gallen etc more for offloads in the middle of the park.
Thurston and co. don't really rely on set moves as much as playing what is in front of them. The Blues support play in game 1 wasn't that great and if they improve there I think they will be in with a good chance.

RWB

Bench
if it means Gallen letting some of the other fresher props have a hit-up, i'm all for it. Quantity isn't necessarily quality

Well now you're just contradicting you assertion that he'll be able to play the same role.

I really think Tim Grant is capable of putting in a Kade Snwoden like performance. I'm really against him starting...

Latest posts