What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official NSW Game Two Team

northwest9

Juniors
Tim grant... Lol. Seriously, do the commentators pick the teams??? He's ok, but origin starter??

I know Stuart is geniused, but this team has to be a piss take right??? Surely?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Creagh for another prop would have been great. But I'll take at least starting with two props over 2 in the whole team.

bench should of been

14. Woods
15. Galloway
16. lewis
17. Watmough

Players on form instead of backwards Creagh and I feel Woods form is better than Merrin this year

if a rep team is selected on form, it would be different every single year.

oh wait..........

chrisD

Coach
I wouldn't have picked Grant but he won't be out of his depth. I thought his play the ball was too slow last season to be considered for Origin but it's been fine this season. He's also added those inspirational runs to his game, the type where the team is just going nowhere and he storms onto it and gets us moving forward. Woods may be in great form but Grant was (I think, if he wasn't he should have been) MOM last game and has been doing it longer.

Cheops

Juniors
Grant is a gun and was outstanding in his last game against Manly. Not sure what people are complaining about.

Only real complaint is Creagh, but that was expected and it's not like he is a bad player, he just doesn't really add anything. I can't see him playing big minutes anyway.

farmeister

Juniors
Does anyone know why Tim Mannah fell so out of favour? Eels fans, how has he been going for you guys?

I thought he was by far the best of the non-Gallen props last series. He wasn't brilliant against Queensland (few players are), but he worked hard and got fast play the balls, and he seemed way ahead of Snowden, Merrin, Galloway, King, etc.

I would have thought it would make more sense to bring him back than to debut yet another prop.

anjado

Juniors
Tim Grant has been one of the best front rowers in NSW for like 4 years, i don't know why people are so upset. Only one selection mistake in this team with the selection of Creagh i am sure his 3 or 4 hit ups will frighten Queensland though.

Spot On

Coach
Wonder how closely those criticising Tim Grant have watched him the past month? He's as good as we've got. Might not play the minutes Gal and Woods do but he knows his job and does it well. Hope he can adapt to the speed of the game. That's my only worry for him.

caylo

Bench
I still think Mannah should be there, has been one of Parramattas best and has played well when representing NSW. I personally would have started had a forward pack of Tamou, Farah, Mannah, Lewis, Watmough, Gallen. Bench of Bird, Stewart, Woods, Grant.

Merrin has yet to perform in origin and Creigh is a waste of space but other then that I think its a good side and is a big chance of winning. If we beat them upfront their is enough talent from 1-7 and 9 to score points.

not really a fan of Merrin, think he's overrated and Creagh.. well...... let's not even start with him. But fairly good side overall. Very big fan of Grant, I always had him in my team pre-origin. Always a fan of TLL despite his club form, don't wanna put woods in yet...... just too young.

Stewart
Hayne
Jennings
Morris
Uate
Carney
Pearce
Grant
Farrah
Tamou
Bird
Stewart
Gallen

Mannah
TLL
Watmough
Lewis

Ant

Juniors
Think most posters have a general consensus that with who was available it's a pretty good side. The exception is creagh and most seem to like the extra prop idea with either woods, galloway or mannah all an option.
If Williams or sims was available then I would have them as bench back rower in place of creagh and use gallen up front when needed.
But with those guys out I think gallen gives us more as a back rower who can play tight as well a weapon on the right edge.
Therefore you look at the value if Ben creagh vs another big man. Based on game one and club form I would back the other prop, particularly as last game ricky used creagh in the middle anyway.

On grant, happy for him his form is good and between tamou, grant, Galloway, merrin, woods and mannah nsw prop stakes are looking good.

On mannah his form has been a little up and down, but part of that is how sparingly he has been used in some games. I like him because he has great drive through the initial contact nd then a fast play the ball, great to attack off. He also has a great attitude, never say die similar to hannant.

But as I said all those props are going well so can,t knock any if them being picked.

A shame Williams and sims are hurt as they add that physical x factor.

Also no utility needed, if you had a gidley or Craig wing fine but we don't. And Lewis has played every spot in the back line bar fullback in his career. Plus bird has played heps of six meaning carney or Pearce could move to 9 if Farrah injured. That side could cover one or two injuries to backs/halves/hookers and that's all you need, anything beyond that you're stuffed anyway.

supera

Juniors
nothing against grant, he's going alright - but surely woods deserved first crack.

hinchcliffe must be wondering who he has to root for a start with creagh still in the team...

Hooch

Juniors
You almost went all out and picked 4 props Stick. Not like that's ever worked for anyone.

You idiot.

But for Ricky f**king Stuart, this is an awesome side and gives us close to our best chance.

Tweed Titan

Bench
I'm happy with the team except for Creagh. It is very close to our best 17.

Mannah or Woods should have got a run instead, probably Mannah as Woods should be allowed to develop for another year or two first.

Come game 3 TRex will come in for Creagh if he gets through a few games unscathed.

I am very confident of winning this game and series if we keep this team together.