What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL NSW side

Vic Mackey

Referee
Taylor is soft as butter. Not because he does his job and runs on the fringes but because he is always willing to try and shove a smaller guy in the face, shove a smaller guy at marker or throw a ball at a fullback on the ground yet when a forward shapes up he looks like he is about to openly weep.

Legion of Doom is one of the biggest thugs of the modern era no doubt and probably should have been rubbed out but this along with the knee clipper Price getting KTFO are a few of the limited bright spots over the last few series.

Also Dave Taylor looks like a genius

:lol: I still remember Taylor looking like he was shitting his pants when odonnell was trying to throw down with him despite being held back by half the qld team

Yet when he runs over the top of barba to score a try he throws the ball at him and tries to fight him

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
:lol: I still remember Taylor looking like he was shitting his pants when odonnell was trying to throw down with him despite being held back by half the qld team

If by "throw down" you mean headbutt. Sure

Revisionist history at its blue best. :lol:

Isn't it funny.

The fairy, Taylor, still gets selected to play Origin. Yet NSW doesn't want to know about The Tough Guy, Real Origin Stuff, O'Donnell.

Just another stupid decision by Meninga the knuckledragger when confronted by the superior wisdom of the Tactical Genius. Stuart.

When will we dumb, geniused fairies get a brain and start thinking like those more evolved NSWelshmen. :roll:

Our team should take a leaf out of the NSW book.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Few interesting articles coming out today. To cap:

- Farah and Roach settler differences and focus on common goal.
- Hayne says he's lucky he got selected but will not disappoint and give his best for his state.
- Buhrer is not to be taken lightly and will be out there to play
- Boys fly off to Melbourne tomorrow

Joker's Wild

Coach
RecordBreakingMaroons said:
More likely, O'Donnell is playing in the UK because no-one wanted to renew his contract in Australia

Pffftt any proof of that? He signed a 4 year deal worth $1.8M. No NRL club could compete with that

Rod

Bench
On the team lists on nrl.com they have Buhrer lining up at what looks like starting hooker with Farah on the bench. Do we read anything into that?

Dragon2010

First Grade
Sorry if I have missed it - but do NSW have an 18th man?

Tariq Sims I believe.

On the team lists on nrl.com they have Buhrer lining up at what looks like starting hooker with Farah on the bench. Do we read anything into that?

What? Are you serious? I don't think the official line-up has been confirmed yet but if it's true I can see what Sticky is trying to do with that. Get a solid Buhrer on to start the opening exchanges towards the back-end of the half bring on a Farah that will offer some more attack and get it working on a tiring QLD pack and work with the damaging players like Williams to get some serious attacking force going.

Last edited:

Gippsy

Bench
I still think NSW has missed a huge opportunity by not selecting Sims.

He is a born & bred New South Welshman from Gods own country, who is now forced to live amongst & play footy with Queenslanders, in some hillbilly filled backwater.

Lets be honest, he must hate his life.

He would've loved to have been given the chance to belt some of the twoheads from Queensland, especially some of those idiot teammates he has to put up with every week. It's an opportunity missed.

I hope they let him loose before the series is over.

I still think NSW has missed a huge opportunity by not selecting Sims.

He is a born & bred New South Welshman from Gods own country, who is now forced to live amongst & play footy with Queenslanders, in some hillbilly filled backwater.

Lets be honest, he must hate his life.

He would've loved to have been given the chance to belt some of the twoheads from Queensland, especially some of those idiot teammates he has to put up with every week. It's an opportunity missed.

I hope they let him loose before the series is over.

If he gets his chance, and if NSW lose Game 1 there is a strong possibility that Stuart will make some changes, QLD will let him lose before the series is out.