What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL NSW side

gronkathon

First Grade
I would question the quality of Buhrers service from DH.

It is vital that in the first 20 minutes the pigs get shifting and are on the front foot

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Just out of curiosity, does any NSW fan consider it strange that Blake Ferguson wasn't even spoken about for selection?

Scored two tries in City V Country (along with Tariq Sims, who many consider was shafted for Creagh) and is in blistering form for Canberra. He has speed to burn, and the size and fend to match it on the wing. Morris instead of Ferguson is one that baffles me.

Does City v Country mean nothing for State of Origin selection now?

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Morris isn't on the wing for Ferguson. Ferguson is a right winger (I think) and Uate plays there. Hayne is on the left wing. Josh Morris is playing right centre.

And no, I don't think it strange. Fergo can do some freakish things but he just has some mental lapses that at the moment are keeping him from selection, plus his defence is a bit soft. He has the talent but just isn't there yet.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Glad Fergo was not picked, still not a team player, error bound and selfish.

As for CvC, well it got Farah, Pearce and Carney selected.

If Ferguson had half a brain he'd be the best winger in rugby league. His non-selection is not one that concerns me though it's Tariq Sims' absence that is the real concern.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Glad Fergo was not picked, still not a team player, error bound and selfish.

Last year I might have agreed.

But this year he's cut the errors and stupid sh*t right down and he doesn't just sit on the wing anymore, he comes in looking for work to take pressure off the forwards.

Defence has been solid and has been safe under the highball. All the tries we are letting in aren't scored down his side.

Much improved player this year. But still not Origin ready IMO.

Last edited:

Gippsy

Bench
Wolfman and Quinn are still in the mix. Shame Turner got injured. How about a Matt King cameo?

I'm surprised Wolfman didn't get picked actually. He's in scintilating form, plays for Manly, is a great personality of the game and he has all that hair & stuff. :sarcasm:

Patorick

Staff member
I'm surprised Wolfman didn't get picked actually. He's in scintilating form, plays for Manly, is a great personality of the game and he has all that hair & stuff. :sarcasm:
Yeah, and Thurston might kick him in the head again and get sent off this time.

That'll make for a fun Courier Mail the next day.

:sarcasm:

Didgi

This "gentle giant" shit isn't an admission of cowardice. Stop beating around the bush and come to terms with the fact you've got a raging fairy in your team just as we do.

Shows how soft QLD are when Taylor isn't acknowledged as being a f**king disgrace. If Taylor was a NSW player getting smacked about as he was people would calling for him to be done away with, as with Creagh

:lol: So I'm not putting it in the exact words you want me to... Sorry princess

There's another key difference between Creagh and Taylor - Taylor isn't an absolute nuffy during general play.

Taylor - a good player who happens to be soft because he didn't want to fight Luke O'Donnell
Creagh - a shit player who happens to be soft because he set land speed records backwards against Hodges.

Any changes to that, princess?

Evenflow

Bench
How many more brainless gimps are going to think Watmough is fit?

FOR THE ZILLIONTH TIME - WATMOUGH IS INJURED YOU DUMB F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

It never gets old you making an out and out Karmichael Hunt of yourself. The best thing is you never have to wait too long between f**k ups to have a laugh at you. You're the gift that just keeps on giving :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-out-with-injury/story-fn31yxah-1226356268843

Manly have expressed surprise at Anthony Watmough's omission from the NSW State of Origin team with coach Geoff Toovey denying the NRL club told Blues mentor Ricky Stuart he was unable to train.

Watmough, who's been a regular in the Kangaroos side and a consistent Origin performer for the last two years was overlooked by Stuart in favour of St George Illawarra back-rower Ben Creagh.
At the team announcement on Sunday, Stuart said he made the decision because the shoulder injury sustained by Watmough in Manly's win over Brisbane Broncos would prevent him from training in the lead-up to next week's Origin series opener in Melbourne.

However, the 28-year-old worked out with his Manly teammates on Tuesday and Toovey insists he'll be included in his side to take on the Sydney Roosters in the NRL match at Brookvale on Sunday.

Stuart's a mastermind. :crazy: I think we both know Sticky is all wise. :D

Things went relatively quiet for a week there. I wasn't seeing the every three hourly NSW PR release. I thought that maybe Stuart had twigged that the whole Mind Game Thing was more of a distraction for him, than it was distracting anybody else.

Then this......

Actually the real question is:

Why does Stuart feel the need to overlook a guaranteed Origin player (read Hayne/ Watmough) for a gamble/ nuffy (Dugan, Minichiello/ Creagh) every year?

The players themselves who are overlooked go WTF? The NSW fans go WTF? The QLD fans just LOVE IT...

Why does he do it?