What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official NSW State of Origin team game 2

chrisD

Coach
Essentially what we've done in the forwards (starting sides) is traded Snowden for Mannah and King for Creagh. It's not much better really, but he may start with Watmong instead of Creagh, which would make it much better.

aussies1st

Staff member
Exactly, you could have a point for TLL...but he was terrible today. I guess Tm Grant BUT I doubt he'd be any better than King anyway.

How was he terrible? 14 runs for 138m, if that is terrible I'd like to know what good is. Snowden continues to tune out the numbers, so there are two props that should be in the side.

_Johnsy

Referee
Personally I love the backline (Jennings would be there ideally)

You don't even know who's playing fb yet wtf

The named side, FMD you are dumb.

Not a difficult one.

If Dugan is out we have a few options.

Gidley, Hayne or Stewart to FB. I'd be happy with any of those.

im_sad_because_youre_dumb_poster_p228922035410520267qzz0_400_xlarge.jpeg

lockyno1

Post Whore
How was he terrible? 14 runs for 138m, if that is terrible I'd like to know what good is. Snowden continues to tune out the numbers, so there are two props that should be in the side.

Yes but how many were made in the first half where the Cowboys put up the white flag. He was average in the 2nd half when the game was in the balance, he just was. He wasn't alone though. He isn't fit yet. Maybe game 3.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Stuart was left with little choice but to pick players out of position due to injuries. We need the best players on the park and I think he has done that.

No one worth picking has been left out this time.

Azkatro

First Grade
I love how Ricky Stuart refused to pick Hayne at fullback because it's "not his position". Now he's got Hayne on the wing, Hopoate at centre (he's played 2 first grade games there), Gallen at prop ... legendary :lol:

anjado

Juniors
I think that side is about 2-3 tweeks away from being a decent side.

I would drop Creagh for TLL, Moving Gallen back to lock and Bird to the second row.

I would Drop Merrin for Grant or someone else who hasn't had a shot yet.

NSW are short of 2 front rowers in my opinion.

I think Brett Stewart should come in for Dugan if he is injured.

Hopoate is a good player and is the token Manly selection. But he is leaving at the end of the season he shouldn't be considered for Origin.

StMick

Bench
hahahaha - besthalfbackpearce calls Merrin a nuffer and then picks him in his origin team for a must-win game. Then tries to hide it by saying he only picked him cos he wanted minimum changes. Isn't a nuffer a nuffer?

Hey besthalfbackpearce, how 'bout you run off and have a play and let the grownups talk football for a while.

aussies1st

Staff member
Yes but how many were made in the first half where the Cowboys put up the white flag. He was average in the 2nd half when the game was in the balance, he just was. He wasn't alone though. He isn't fit yet. Maybe game 3.

4 runs 44m in 1st half, 10 runs 94m for 2nd half, so ummm

chrisD

Coach
4 runs 44m in 1st half, 10 runs 94m for 2nd half, so ummm

TLL came off the bench onto the field almost precisely when Dugan went down after Canberra had all the running and everything started going the Cows way. This guy just dribbles shit.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Grant would be miles better than King..

Based on what? He is a solid first grader, there is nothing wrong with that. But has he dominated games before? Civonoceva last night showed what an Origin prop should be doing.

Mr Saab

Referee
I love how Ricky Stuart refused to pick Hayne at fullback because it's "not his position". Now he's got Hayne on the wing, Hopoate at centre (he's played 2 first grade games there), Gallen at prop ... legendary :lol:

Well Dicky did say he was happy to win one game.....
I feel sorry for the 1st grade team he coaches in the future.