What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team v Manly - oh my god

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I reckon Manu's captaincy was foretold in that "WHATASTYLEYGUY!" Sky ad from a few years back (featuring Price, Mannering & Manu).

Gonna be very interesting, anyone of a balanced mind would have to say that Manly will annihilate us, but I think this is gonna be one of those "so crazy it just... might... work!" games!

POSITIVITY!!!!!

Illiterate

Juniors
if where looking to the future i would have rather seen manu in the centers and omar on the wing. i really hope omar is playing wing for the 20's or the vulcans.

Iafeta

Referee
Awesome, happy to see Sebastine Ikahihifo in the team. I seriously rate the bloke. I'm excited to see both him and Sam Lousi in the team.

Go captain gold teef.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Someone led us to believe it was someone in the squad currently. I have heard murmurs it's someone who rhymes with Bluey, but isn't Ukuma-ooey.

But in Mr Ta'ai's case, there was a certain issue with a wrecked hotel room in Australia on a Vulcans trip, for which a lesser known player was axed from the club. So perhaps these things all are kept in the memory bank.

Well it doesnt take a scientist ....to understand Ta'ai is out of favour and will not play another game.

As for the lesser known player.....I assume you are referring to Niuvao Taka, because he is the only player from the vulcans that was for some reason not getting picked.

However funny thing is, he was picked last week because they were low on numbers lol.
Maybe the warriors should have second thoughts on taai.

what ever

Juniors
Well it doesnt take a scientist ....to understand Ta'ai is out of favour and will not play another game.

As for the lesser known player.....I assume you are referring to Niuvao Taka, because he is the only player from the vulcans that was for some reason not getting picked.

However funny thing is, he was picked last week because they were low on numbers lol.

Man what a shame about Taka loved watching him play in the vulcans last year him and Willie Peace. What a difference a year makes!!! Or is that Coach!

As for the team this week - you can only play with what's available and believe. Go Warriors:)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
What a time to be alive. Captain Manu is going to rack up try number 100 in a man of the match display as we enjoy a famous victory. I can't wait. :crazy::crazy::crazy::D:cool:

Akkerz

Juniors
Anyone know how long Luck and Sammy Rapira are out for?

As to the bluejay he's either havin us on or hes got an agenda
I too hate seeing him all cozied up with ackland. Who's calling the shots .
Also why is the co-coach running around as water boy. Given the shit that is going on it might be useful for him & the coach to see a game together.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Awesome, happy to see Sebastine Ikahihifo in the team. I seriously rate the bloke. I'm excited to see both him and Sam Lousi in the team.

Go captain gold teef.

This is pretty much how I feel. I never expect a win against Manly, and I've written off our chances this season so seeing guys like Ikahihifo and big Sam get the chance to impress gives me something to look forward to, especially when a decent performance from those guys may give a glimmer of hope that we won't be running with the Mannering/Taylor/Henry combo next season.

Aragorn

First Grade
This is pretty much how I feel. I never expect a win against Manly, and I've written off our chances this season so seeing guys like Ikahihifo and big Sam get the chance to impress gives me something to look forward to, especially when a decent performance from those guys may give a glimmer of hope that we won't be running with the Mannering/Taylor/Henry combo next season.

I agree but dont go on-boarding them AT THE SAME TIME - they will get spanked - confidence shot to pieces and tail behind their legs.

Is that Bluey's idea of an initiation?? could very well be ......

Geohood

Bench
As an outsider, I clicked on the thread but I'm not quite sure what's so bad about the team? It doesn't look that different than your usual line up except for Manu captain and Mannering out?

JoeD

First Grade
Exactly. Given where we're at I don't mind the team and I don't mind Manu at captain. Rather have Brown than Henry in the centres anyway.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Ha okay, that old chestnut. Give them the arse for their actions but let them back in if it suits you.

Izz

Bench
Actually....seriously, I think you are pretty close to the mark there (although that bench does look scarey)
i hope Sam Lousi gets more than 10 minutes this week. He seemed to display very good instincts in his short time on the park last week--found himself in the vicinity of the ball a fair amount. Him and Mateo could form a dynamic off-loading combo.

Problem though, is that manly are going to bash us like they did the dogs, and they'll aim up on Sam Lousi pretty hard.

Really looking forward to seeing Ikahihifo finally getting a shot at FG. imo he should've been playing most of the season.

vvvrulz

Coach
Exactly. Given where we're at I don't mind the team and I don't mind Manu at captain. Rather have Brown than Henry in the centres anyway.

Surely Mateo would have been a better candidate as captain, and however poor Henry has been lately (which imo isn't as bad as people around here are making it) surely Brown's form has been worse.

Of course that's all in theory, hopefully I am proven wrong!

JoeD

First Grade
Maybe but the Manu as captain gamble is a gamble I'd make. Yes Brown hasn't been good but I think thats more down to the role he's been asked to play, short minutes 'impact' which I don't think he is suited to. We'll get a lot more out of him with a full game at centre.

hitman82

Bench
i hope Sam Lousi gets more than 10 minutes this week. He seemed to display very good instincts in his short time on the park last week--found himself in the vicinity of the ball a fair amount. Him and Mateo could form a dynamic off-loading combo.

Problem though, is that manly are going to bash us like they did the dogs, and they'll aim up on Sam Lousi pretty hard.

Really looking forward to seeing Ikahihifo finally getting a shot at FG. imo he should've been playing most of the season.

I'm sure Sam Lousi will play more minutes this week. I'm more curious to see whether he, or his brother are used as the 4th prop. TBH, I am not really worried about Lousi getting smacked around by the Dogs - he is used to operating with 3 or 4 guys hanging off him. And if he can't handle - back to the bench he goes.
And yeah it'll be mean to see S.I getting his long awaited debut! He, along with Sam Lousi, will bring more ball playing ability to our team as they grow into the NRL.

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm sure Sam Lousi will play more minutes this week.

It was poor bench rotation again last week where Sam got the dying 8 or so minutes when we were pretty much cooked. Any newbie should at least be given a short first half stint followed by another early in the second.