What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well if you look at the side closely it was depleted with Robson, Kinga, Lats and Cordoba all missing from the line up..those 4 would of made a difference in that grade.

As for Kelly, he's predominantly an NYC player who played the 1 match just as bit of experiance as Mannah and Tony Williams did last year.

he's definitely not a permanant member of the side.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
well if you look at the side closely it was depleted with Robson, Kinga, Lats and Cordoba all missing from the line up..those 4 would of made a difference in that grade.

As for Kelly, he's predominantly an NYC player who played the 1 match just as bit of experiance as Mannah and Tony Williams did last year.

True, must be annoying for rip taylor when anderson just takes his players lol

Parra Glory

Juniors

You can add Etu Uaisele to that list as well.

caylo

Bench
I think we might see TT is out aswell or moved onto the bench (in which case Kinga would not play, possibly due to fitness). We will have to see when NYC starts if TL is playing

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think we might see TT is out aswell or moved onto the bench (in which case Kinga would not play, possibly due to fitness). We will have to see when NYC starts if TL is playing

I'd imagine it's Reddy to the centres, and Mortimer at 5/8.

But it would mean that we're sitting 3 props on the bench - which is interesting...
(18. Kingston 15. Cordoba 16. Mannah 20. Latimore
Cordoba to play his minutes in the backrow?

OR is there yet another late change?

promoting TL to the starting lineup as a center would shuffle Tautai to the bench and 1 of Cordoba or Latimore missing out with TT to then play the backrow minutes --> interesting to see what happens!

wittyz chick

Coach
OK I need to have a rant..

IF you don't care about Wenty.. stay out of the thread.. this is a thread for people WHO CARE about Wenty if they win or lose or news on the team..

This is a team that more often than not play SO MUCH better than the first grade side and yes I know they are reserve grade players playing against reserve grade players but is that their fault NO! They can only play what they're up against!! But you know these are the guys that play because they WANT to play footy and it's fantastic to watch them enjoy playing footy and as usual our "premier league side" often win more than firsts.

I'm one of the first to admit I LOVE watching these guys play and you know last yr I missed two Parra games to watch these guys.. and I'm not ashamed to say that either!!

End rant..

Bad luck today boys.. I'm sure they will bounce back next Sunday against the Central Coast Storm. Up against Mr Maloney.. should be good!! I'll be there!!!!

wittyz chick

Coach
OK I don't have the little program infront of me like I often do..

Can anyone confirm for me if Bundy Cup are also playing at home next Sunday??

I know it's Sunday because I remember it clashes with our Newcastle game

slippery_sucker

Juniors
Prospects look bright for Filinga

20/05/2009 4:00:00 AM
A CHANCE meeting in the gymnasium may have netted Wentworthville one of the big prizes of 2009.

A Wenty official saw Carlos Filinga working out and asked him what he was doing for the season.

``Nothing,'' came the reply.

Wenty have snapped him up. So what?

Well, Filinga was mooted as the next Sonny Bill Williams when signed by Cronulla and potential $600,000 contracts were mooted.

Filinga was injured for most of last season and unwanted this year.

Wenty have got him for a song and, at least, Filinga will be a vaulable addition to the Magpies' Bundaberg Rum team.
The team suffered a shock loss when beaten by lowly Campbelltown 26-20 on the weekend and are on 10 points, four adrift of leaders Penrith.

slippery_sucker

Juniors
Rising star Kelly off to a good start

20/05/2009 4:00:00 AM
IF you're good enough you're old enough: so goes the adage.

That could be adapted to ``If you're good enough, you're big enough.''

Albert Kelly is built along Preston Campbell lines.

He's a jockey-sized, fast-stepping dynamo in the Campbell mould, too.

Kelly has had the big wraps on him ever since Parramatta brought him down from the bush and let him progress through the junior representative teams.

On Saturday he showed why. He was promoted from the Toyota Cup and finally given a run against the the boys the men in the NSW Cup.

Kelly turned out as five-eighth for Wentworthville against Newtown at historic Henson Park.

The handful of spectators there saw history unfold.

It took just eight seconds to confirm why the little man had the big reputation.

Wenty kicked off, Newtown let the ball bounce, Kelly grabbed it and stepped through two defenders to score.

What happened in the rest of the match will go down in Magpie history, and any statistical history of rugby league.

Kelly scored four more tries as Wenty belted the hapless Jets 60-10.

Perhaps someone has scored five tries before on debut in a senior match.

Regardless, five-eighth Kelly has made history. He wasn't opposed by any inexperienced junior, either.

Former Newcastle premiership winner Sean Rudder was the Newtown pivot.
Kelly was mentioned as a chance of NRL promotion when Brett Finch left Parramatta, but the Eels are unlikely to rush him. They're more likely to let him razzle and dazzle in the NSW Cup until he matures....

why have we not signed Albert Kelly for life already??

Stagger eel

Staff member
speaking to rip last night, he was saying that some of the boys struggled adapting to the time change in NZ, they got to NZ on Friday night and had a 9am (AEST) game which would of knocked the stuffing out of anyone.

both Ben Smith and I think Brendon oake didn't get to NZ until 1am as they were dropped late friday..

I can now understand why they didn't compete against that mob.

he credited Justin Horo and Jono Wright as having big games.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Tim MORTIMER
2 Callan RICHARDSON
3 Mark LULAND
4 Jonathon WRIGHT
5 Mark HENDY
6 James GREHAN
7 Joe DELANA
8 Broderick WRIGHT
9 Mark O'GRADY
10 Junior PAULO
11 Martin LEWIS
12 Justin HORO
13 Tim ROBINSON

14 Trent ROSE
16 Dave BAUMANN
17 Danny HOWARD
19 Valu NASIO
21 Ben TAIA

this was the side chosen on Tuesday, if they can't get within 10 of Aukland what does that say about blokes like Paulo, Lewis, Wright and Horo who are trying crack it for a first grade spot???

and people whinge about Lowrie being in the side...

the actual side yesterday had Ben Smith at second row with Brendon Oake at lock and bench being Rose, Howard, Lewis and Robo with Baumann being the 18th man.

also it was Jono Wright and not Oake that arrived at 1am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts