What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyz chick

Coach
Wenty won 34-10.

Taulima scored the last try.

Tryscorers: Latimore x2, Jono Wright x2, Mortimer and Taulima.
Taulima kicked 4/4 and Robinson kicked 1/2.

Terrible weather couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or not and it was FREEZING!! At one point the power went out just before halftime so it was a bit gloomy and the hot chocolate man left :cry:.
But then the power and lights came on so could see a bit better but still COLD!!!!

Lats, Kim Uasi played really well. Croft started the game at fullback and seemed to spend more time there then Timmy Morts did [dunno the story there]. Timmy Morts then went down with an injury, I was praying it was just a cramp and seeing him walk off at the end of the game seemed to give me what I wanted as he was walking fine.

So we definately played better then the last few weeks and held the ball quite well considering the wet weather. Marty Lewis made a successful comeback from injury, played maybe the last 30 minutes.

Also was told that it was one of their better training sessions all year as they got to train with the full team.

And Jimmy Grehan got chased by a dog.. :lol:!! So funny!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty won 34-10.

Terrible weather couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or not and it was FREEZING!! At one point the power went out just before halftime so it was a bit gloomy and the hot chocolate man left :cry:.
But then the power and lights came on so could see a bit better but still COLD!!!!

Lats, Kim Uasi played really well. Croft started the game at fullback and seemed to spend more time there then Timmy Morts did [dunno the story there]. Timmy Morts then went down with an injury, I was praying it was just a cramp and seeing him walk off at the end of the game seemed to give me what I wanted as he was walking fine.

So we definately played better then the last few weeks and held the ball quite well considering the wet weather. Marty Lewis made a successful comeback from injury, played maybe the last 30 minutes.

Also was told that it was one of their better training sessions all year as they got to train with the full team.

thanks Sarah..

so where was Timmy Morts playing when Croft went back to fullback? I would say that Rip was shielding Croft was being montstered by the shellharbour forwards..

wittyz chick

Coach
I think he was out in the centres.. Remember last week when Croft was in the centre/wing position when we were defending? That's pretty much where Timmy was.

Crofty did all right too at fullback.. except for one stuff-up but we held Shellharbour out then so didn't result in anything.

In attack they played their normal positions though so it was ok.

wittyz chick

Coach
Also Stagger, sorry I missed your call this morning I was still asleep and have no credit so couldn't check your message.. Also that's why Nikki sent updates.

If I've missed anything from the game I know Nikki will add it :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Also Stagger, sorry I missed your call this morning I was still asleep and have no credit so couldn't check your message.. Also that's why Nikki sent updates.

If I've missed anything from the game I know Nikki will add it :D

that's cool..

I'm used to you rejecting my advances...lol

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Wenty won 34-10.

Yep definitely cold - its the breeze from the ocean. Funny field Shellharbour - the power also went out for night trial game between Shellahrbour and Tigers this year it was almost dark with no light and game was being played - very funny.

I don't see many live games so I find it hard to rate the players/ My opinion;
- Both sides gave each other lots of chances, it just seemed we were fitter and better coached.
- Our halfs are not the most talented - meaning I can't seem them ever playing first grade ( not like it is expected of them).
- Horo , doesn't get involved enough
- Tim Robinson is a good goal kicker - he kicked one from the side line
- Didn't really see any stand outs

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yep definitely cold - its the breeze from the ocean. Funny field Shellharbour - the power also went out for night trial game between Shellahrbour and Tigers this year it was almost dark with no light and game was being played - very funny.

I don't see many live games so I find it hard to rate the players/ My opinion;
- Both sides gave each other lots of chances, it just seemed we were fitter and better coached.
- Our halfs are not the most talented - meaning I can't seem them ever playing first grade ( not like it is expected of them).
- Horo , doesn't get involved enough
- Tim Robinson is a good goal kicker - he kicked one from the side line
- Didn't really see any stand outs

just wondering if people are still calling for Horo's inclusion to first grade at the expense of Lowrie???

Nikki

Coach
I think its all been summed up.. There was a lil bit of biff in the second half. Nothing major tho. Just hope this win is enough to instill a bit of confidence back in the boys for the run to the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts