What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDM

First Grade
Im pretty sure most of the interest on Horo stems from a couple of offloads and a half break in the GF on tv last year. More flash in the pan than anything else.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Wenty won 34-10.

Taulima scored the last try.

Tryscorers: Latimore x2, Jono Wright x2, Mortimer and Taulima.
Taulima kicked 4/4 and Robinson kicked 1/2.

Terrible weather couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or not and it was FREEZING!! At one point the power went out just before halftime so it was a bit gloomy and the hot chocolate man left :cry:.
But then the power and lights came on so could see a bit better but still COLD!!!!

Lats, Kim Uasi played really well. Croft started the game at fullback and seemed to spend more time there then Timmy Morts did [dunno the story there]. Timmy Morts then went down with an injury, I was praying it was just a cramp and seeing him walk off at the end of the game seemed to give me what I wanted as he was walking fine.

So we definately played better then the last few weeks and held the ball quite well considering the wet weather. Marty Lewis made a successful comeback from injury, played maybe the last 30 minutes.

Also was told that it was one of their better training sessions all year as they got to train with the full team.

And Jimmy Grehan got chased by a dog.. :lol:!! So funny!!

Thanks WC - Detailed as ever! People like yourself deserve all the recognition they get. :)

ianlovesparra

Juniors
NSW CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES V AUCKLAND
RINGROSE PARK : 115PM : SUN 2 AUGUST 2009

1. Tim MORTIMER 2. Etu UAISELE 3. Jonathan WRIGHT 4. Mark LULAND 5. Ken SIO 6. Mark O'GRADY 7. Shane CROFT 8. Jeremy LATIMORE 9. Anthony MITCHELL 10. Tim ROBINSON 11. Taulima TAUTAI 12. Justin HORO 13. Brendan OAKE [C] INTERCHANGE: 14. James GREHAN 15. Junior PAULO 16. Joe MATAELE 17. Marty LEWIS COACH: Rip TAYLOR
BUNDABERG RED CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES V AUCKLAND
RINGROSE PARL : 3PM : SUN 2 AUGUST 2009

1. Tim CLAYTON 2. KJ MACKENZIE 3. Brent RAE-MILLAR 4. Aaron FLUKE 5. Astro WAETFORD 6. Jacob BYRNE 7. Nadim COURI 8. Valu NASIO 9. Ben BAILEY 10. Steve BRISTOW 11. Ben TAIA 12. Brett SARGENT [C] 13. Mitch STANFIELD INTERCHANGE: 14. Tom VAINGA 15. John KOBORSI 16. Sione KAAFI 17. David BAUMANN 19. Trent ROSE 25. Karl FILIGA COACH: Brett COOK

wittyz chick

Coach
Aww you guys! :lol:

Thanks FFMM!!

Yeah what a shame Stagger!

Will try to give just as good a report this weekend :D

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
Oh the stand we were sitting in there was this girl with her little maltese terrier looking puppy and the sheds were underneath us and everytime someone ran past this puppy would chase you, the pup was adorable and watching it chase people was funny.

Then because Jimmy was on the bench he ducked back into the sheds about middle of the 1st half [I'm guessing to go to the bathroom I dunno] and he ran back out to go back on the bench and all of a sudden there's this little white blur of this puppy taken off to run after Jimmy and it deadset started nipping at his boots/ankle. Chased him for about 30 seconds before Jimmy realised and the guy who was with the girl called out "rip his legs off" and then Jimmy stopped and looked down to see this little bundle of white fur at his feet.

Then he tried to pat it and it ran back and stayed an arms length away so he couldn't pat it then the girl [who chased the puppy once she realised it had taken off] had come running down the stairs to the dog so Jimmy tried to pick it up and it started to run around his legs so he couldn't pick it up. The girl eventually got the dog away and Jimmy went back to the bench while me and Nikki could not stop laughing!!

I haven't explained it very well but if you just imagine how a puppy runs and how the boys jog past you can picture it.

Unfortunately it was too quick for me and Nikki to get our cameras out and take a photo.. We mainly just wanted the picture of Jimmy being chased by the dog. It was fantastic :lol:

slippery_sucker

Juniors
Ella wins Player of the Year awardSeptember 25, 2003

icon_print.gif
Print this article
icon_email.gif
Email to a friend

Wentworthville's Scott Ella - the nephew of former Australian centre Steve Ella - on Wednesday night won the inaugural Jim Beam Cup competition's Player of the Year award.
Ella possesses all the speed and flair one would expect from one of Australia's most recognisable surnames.
Like former Parramatta centre Steve Ella, known as the "Zip Zip Man", Scott knows his way to a rugby league try line.
The 22-year-old winger has enjoyed an outstanding year with the Wentworthville Magpies, winning selection in the Jim Beam and NSW Residents representative teams and scoring an extraordinary 37 tries in 25 matches.
Former Central Coast junior Ella will play for Wentworthville this weekend for the right to meet the Entrance Tigers in the Jim Beam Cup grand final.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/25/1064083087256.html

Nikki

Coach
Wenty won 58 - 0. Should have been 70 - 0 but very poor goal kicking let us down. WC was taking down notes during the game so I will let her fill in the rest of the details.

Bundy had a fairly convincing win as well against Chester Hill. I think they scored around 40 or 50 points too. (I pay attention, but have the worst short term memory!! lol)

Avenger

Immortal
Wenty won 58 - 0. Should have been 70 - 0 but very poor goal kicking let us down. WC was taking down notes during the game so I will let her fill in the rest of the details.

Bundy had a fairly convincing win as well against Chester Hill. I think they scored around 40 or 50 points too. (I pay attention, but have the worst short term memory!! lol)

Thanks. Would like to know how Anthony Mitchell went.

Nikki

Coach
Anthony did very well. I have heard that he should be with the Wenty boys for the remainder of the year. Rip told me that he pulled up with a bit of a hammy injury and I think his thumb injury from previous weeks is still bothering him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well done to the wentys, thanks luscious Nikki...

looking forward to sexy Sarah's review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts