What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
hey guys just thought id let u know that Bundy cup player Michael Woodlands suffered a career ending knee injury against the Reds last weekend.

havnt seen much of him play before anybody rate him??? thoughts? i know he was at five eight a bit last year and was in second row this year.

Roland

Juniors
hey guys just thought id let u know that Bundy cup player Michael Woodlands suffered a career ending knee injury against the Reds last weekend.

havnt seen much of him play before anybody rate him??? thoughts? i know he was at five eight a bit last year and was in second row this year.

Woodlands is a solid player but not a game buster. He is the type of guy who could have had a long career at Wenty. "career ending" sould extreme. Are you certain that is the case?

natheel

Coach
Woodlands is a solid player but not a game buster. He is the type of guy who could have had a long career at Wenty. "career ending" sould extreme. Are you certain that is the case?

Yeh very certain he's my cousins bf and that was the news during the week that she told our family

natheel

Coach
that's really bad luck for Michael, was it a leg injury??

btw, say hello to Emily for me.. ;-)

Haha stagger seems like u know everyone...how do u know em? Was his knee...he's done it before I think and was type of injury u can't do 2 times I guess

ianlovesparra

Juniors
That was an absolute SH*THOUSE performance!!

I would love to know what they did on their week off!

Shane Croft play really well. Croft, Tim Mortimer, Danny Howard, Jimmy Grehan I say were the best on park.

Callan and Luland f**k pathetic defence!

Well most of the defence was pathetic, T.Morts did most of the tackling which is saying something considering he's the fullback.. and their tries.. just so SOFT!
Luland has been centre in bundy cup for a while hasn't he? From what i've seen of him he is solid but nothing special, Filiga is way ahead in terms of class, skill and adds alot more to a team then Luland would.

Filiga has been killing it in bundy cup, yet Rip calls up Luland....interesting.

By all reports Luland has a shocker in defence on the weekend. Also gives Rip more of a reason to pick Filiga in the centres. He is a strong defender.

wittyz chick

Coach
ILP - Luland played centre for most of last year and has played centre most of this year with people getting call-ups and whatnot. With a better winger he could probably do a thousand times better which was probably the case last year but him and Callan should never defend together again.

Redback - last year we never really lost players to Parra [thanks to Hagan he stuck with the same cr*p all year] Rip is willing to give the Wenty boys a chance in the top grade if they consistently perform for Wenty which is what they regularly do. The fact our team keeps chopping and changing is not going to help Rip nor will it help him prepare a gamplan for the following week as different players have different stengths.
Also Shane Croft played halfback on the weekend, by my count he's our 4th halfback. You WILL NOT win a premiership or play well if your half chops and changes. Last year we had 1 half in James Maloney and the way he directed those boys around on the field was fantastic.

I'm not saying the boys we got now can't do anything. I'm just saying the team was a lot different last year. These boys can still kill it on the field. You don't hold 2 teams 2 weeks in a row to 0. One of those teams having Maloney who I've just talked up. We just gotta fix that defence.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Luland has been centre in bundy cup for a while hasn't he? From what i've seen of him he is solid but nothing special, Filiga is way ahead in terms of class, skill and adds alot more to a team then Luland would.

Filiga has been killing it in bundy cup, yet Rip calls up Luland....interesting.

By all reports Luland has a shocker in defence on the weekend. Also gives Rip more of a reason to pick Filiga in the centres. He is a strong defender.

Lats became available to the side late in the day and Rip decided to stick him in ahead of Karl, I'm continually told that Filiga is ticking the right boxes for a call up and is very very close to come in, I think he just needs that one opportunity to show what he can do at that level and will undoubtedly stay there once his called up.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Lats became available to the side late in the day and Rip decided to stick him in ahead of Karl, I'm continually told that Filiga is ticking the right boxes for a call up and is very very close to come in, I think he just needs that one opportunity to show what he can do at that level and will undoubtedly stay there once his called up.
That's good to hear stagger. Thanks for that.

But why is Karl dropping out for lats? One a front rower the other a centre :?

I honestly think Rip should replace Luland and give karl a shot at centre, we need to see what he can do at a higher level.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That's good to hear stagger. Thanks for that.

But why is Karl dropping out for lats? One a front rower the other a centre :?

I honestly think Rip should replace Luland and give karl a shot at centre, we need to see what he can do at a higher level.

I was kinda scratching my head at that one too tbh...

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I was kinda scratching my head at that one too tbh...
I still am. Come on if Rip or someone on the coaching staff reads this, then please just give him a run in the centres. He is much better then richardson and luland. Can also play second row if needed.

Seeing him in open space or hitting the ball up at speed is awesome. He just has it in his mind, that if he wants to make a line break or score a try he will.

Now just give the kid a shot.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I still am. Come on if Rip or someone on the coaching staff reads this, then please just give him a run in the centres. He is much better then richardson and luland. Can also play second row if needed.

Seeing him in open space or hitting the ball up at speed is awesome. He just has it in his mind, that if he wants to make a line break or score a try he will.

Now just give the kid a shot.

believe me he is close to getting a run, probably even closer after the weekend..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Awesome.

Stagger make some of your phone calls, talk to the people you know. Get Filiga in state cup :crazy:

dude i don't have that much influence but lets just say that i expressed mine and everyone else's thoughts last night..we'll leave it to that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts