What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thanks Stagger.. His 1st game in the Bundy Cup he absolutely killed it! He was fantastic. Will be good to see how he goes in NSW Cup.

Mits the game is Saturday not Sunday

thanks Sarah, looking forward to seeing him play on saturday..

strider

Post Whore
NSW CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE V WESTERN SUBURBS
CAMPBELLTOWN STADIUM : 3PM : SATURDAY 18 JULY 2009

1. Tim MORTIMER 2. Etu UAISELE 3. Jonathan WRIGHT 4. Mark LULAND 5. Ken SIO 6. James GREHAN 7. Shane CROFT 8. David BAUMANN 9. Kim UASI 10. Tim ROBINSON 11. Taulima TAUTAI 12. Justin HORO 13. Brendan OAKE [C] INTERCHANGE: 14. Trent ROSE 15. Karl FILIGA 16. Danny HOWARD 17. Mark O'GRADY COACH: Rip TAYLOR

Baumann and Robinson props eh? .... interesting .... looking a little bit light weight

I am amazed we struggle to produce many good props with our junior base

you look at st george - its a never ending production line of quality forwards - and interestingly most are whities .... I would have thought the islanders that make up alot of the parra district juniors would make for some good big ball running forwards

Delboy

First Grade
Well Strides, Rod Reddy has been known to say he doesn't look at size when he appraises the player, he is after skills.

That is why we have so many smaller second row size forwards coming through, and why DA is taking a much closer interest on that side of the club.

Hellsy

Immortal
Surely they play today? Those players are not in the Bundy Cup team as well are they?....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Anyone got the BRC result from Windsor last night?

yep! the mighty Wenty Maggies had a resounding 20-18 win over the wolves. :D

Anyone have a report? Can we get an idea about how guys like Horo, Robenson, Filiga and the nes halfback went?

I know that Filiga scored AGAIN lol, hes almost leading try scorer and hes played 5 or 6 games

guys, I'm just about to head out to Campbelltown now to watch thet state cup game, last nights game was the Bundy Red cup..

Delboy

First Grade
Stagger advises we are down 22-8 at half time and are playing rubbish.

Etu and Jono Wright pulled out before the game, and basically they are taking our left hand side apart ( which is Horo/Lunand?richardson), nothing really positive to say.

Delboy

First Grade
final score 32-18 to Wests, better second half, Joe Mataele came on,scored and improved the forwards a bit. Overall looked like what happens every year, those that aren't signed come off the boil a bit, hope we pick up or we could miss the finals in all grades

wittyz chick

Coach
That was an absolute SH*THOUSE performance!!

I would love to know what they did on their week off!

Shane Croft play really well. Croft, Tim Mortimer, Danny Howard, Jimmy Grehan I say were the best on park.

Callan and Luland f**k pathetic defence!

Well most of the defence was pathetic, T.Morts did most of the tackling which is saying something considering he's the fullback.. and their tries.. just so SOFT!

Stagger eel

Staff member
That was an absolute SH*THOUSE performance!!

I would love to know what they did on their week off!

Shane Croft play really well. Croft, Tim Mortimer, Danny Howard, Jimmy Grehan I say were the best on park.

Callan and Luland f**k pathetic defence!

Well most of the defence was pathetic, T.Morts did most of the tackling which is saying something considering he's the fullback.. and their tries.. just so SOFT!

I agree with everything you say Sarah, it was an ordinary performance all round our forwards were soft and ordinay in the first half but there was major improvement by Lats and Oake that sort of kept us in the game..if Justin Horo is to ever stake a claim for firstgrade he should be using these games to do it, but he showed nothing to warrant any sellection..

Stagger eel

Staff member
well that means filiga played in the budy red cup? why would they do that when he was promoted?

it's obvious he wasn't promoted, there obviously certain aspects in Karl's game that the coaching staff still isn't happy with..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts