What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyz chick

Coach
OK starting off with NSW Cup as they started first.

As Nikki said we won 58 - 0. Good job by the boys to hold another team to nil. But in all fairness to Auckland they would've flown down last night/early this morning plus it was SO hot!!

Tryscorers: Sio x2, Tautai x2, Horo x2, Wright x2, Robinson, O'Grady, Uaisele and Luland.
Goals: Robinson 3/4 [must be our kicker when on the field], Tautai 1/4, Sio 1/3 and Uaisele 0/1.

Got some funny moments from the game. After Jono's 1st try Taulima lined the kick up about maybe 10m in from the sideline and it deadset went straight.. No where near the posts and as he ran back Etu and Jono just paid him out big time and laughing their heads off at him :D
After Taulima's 2nd try when Auckland kicked off Anthony Mitchell [we think it was him] has just bellowed out "Come On Makybe Diva" [however you spell it]. It was just so random and a sign that those boys had a lot of fun out there.
Oh and lastly in the 34th minute, Horo lost his pants and we got a penalty. We called it a penalty for "pantsing" not really but the coincidence was funny.. and all I could say was - Thank God for Skins :lol:

Our defence was fantastic, though Auckland never really attacked on our line that much and by the end of it they were just so buggered from the heat but so were our boys.
Jeremiah Pai played for Auckland.. Used to play for Parra if anyone cares.

Best players: Timmy Morts [as usual played fantastic]
Jono [same as Morts]
Shane Croft [who I also think won the players player today]
Ant Mitchell wasn't brilliant but held his own and did well
Horo did well too one of his better games.

Lats, Oakey, Jimmy Grehan were a bit quiet which is surprising.

Again in defence Crofty was playing fullback and Morts was near the wing. As this was the 2nd week in a row I was wondering if Tim was injured. Spoke to him at the club afterwards and he said he's completely fine just that in the Wests game a lot of the Wests boys were targeting Crofty because he's a lot smaller so Rip just wants Tim defending on the side and Crofty at fullback but in attack they go back to their normal positions..

And last bit of info I heard Parra will be signing Kenny Sio next yr for NYC as he's still 18 turning 19

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
Bundy Cup our boys had a good win of Chester Hill to the tune of 48 - 18.

Tryscorers: Byrne, Sargent, Howard, Rae-Millar, Waetford, Couri, Fluke, Nasio and Filiga.
Goals: Fluke 6/9.

Again these boys were fantastic [no thanks to the ref] and will hold their postion top of the ladder [well as far as I know they should be].

Timmy Clayton was on the wing at one point from a scrum and we had no fullback. After about the 3rd tackle he ran back to fullback and Chester Hill ran up the side he'd just left and made a break. I'm unsure of what happened but I think maybe a stray boot or something has caught his hand and he was in a lot of pain and eventually he went off the field. Saw him at the club afterwards and he had it all strapped up but I have no news on the injury [sorry guys]. Fluke played fullback in his absence

Karl was quiet but he had his moments as well.. One being at the start where he just ran at one of the Chester Hill boys and that poor boy just flew back. His try was good but not one of his better games.

Best players - Fluke, Sargent and Danny Howard did well when on.

Next week will be the last round of footy for them and then they head into the finals. I'm really looking forward to see how these boys go as they have been fantastic all yr and should go far.

Was told once the finals are done for them they'll be able to bring up alot of those boys up to NSW Cup which should be good for us.

Little funny moment. 8 mins into the 2nd half Chester Hill lost the ball and one of the players has just bellowed out "F**KING HELL" I :lol: then they intercepted and one of our boys has just let out a massive "F**K" this all happened in the space of a minute so was pretty funny :D

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
Next week.

Bundy Cup will be facing Windsor on Saturday at 1:15pm.
NSW Cup also playing Windsor on Saturday at 3pm.

Should be good to see if we can keep the momentum going into the finals.

wittyz chick

Coach
Heard that we should be getting the two Mitch's from NYC when their season is over for the finals.

So Wenty are going to have a big squad to choose from.

Oh and Hendy's due back in a few weeks but Sio's been brilliant as his replacement so we'll wait and see who is picked

wittyz chick

Coach
Oh and NSW Cup boys new fav word his c---. Practically everytime someone yelled something out that word was used once or twice :lol:

Nikki

Coach
Thanks Strides!! I was thinking it, but wasnt gunna dob myself in for that!! :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts