What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyz chick

Coach
I hope so.. but if he's picked then why not KK.. KK has actually at least played a game. Mateo hasn't.

Taulima on the wing.. He'd been playing pretty damn good in the 2nd row for the last few weeks!!

wittyz chick

Coach
TBH.. I don't think he's played that much this year, there's just no room for him.
Just because he's named, don't assume he played.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
if you listen closely - you can hear a whimper of terror coming from the general Wyong direction :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/article.php?id=772

Kiki and Sassy head west to Wenty
Monday, 17th August 2009
Last weekend we hopped on the M4 and motored out to Sydney's west to visit the Wentworthville Magpies. Or as they are known by everyone in the footy universe, 'Wenty'. We settled in to watch their thrashing of the Windsor Wolves and had ourselves a ripper of an afternoon.

We will admit we went into this assignment carrying a whole lotta bias. Our darling friend Jess (hi baby!) is a Wenty fan of epic proportions and has been in our ears to get out and watch a game the whole time we've known her. Although a dedicated Dragons fan in the NRL competition, Kiki recently figured out Wenty is actually her local reggies team so has now decided to jump on the black and white bandwagon.

Apart from the awesome footy, we have fallen completely in love with the charm of all the local grounds we've visited. For those cynics out there that bemoan the loss of soul in rugby league, get off your bum and get yourself to a NSW Cup game. Instant soul!

Ringrose Park is adorable. Can a footy ground be 'adorable?' It can now! The grass is all green, neat and perfect like astroturf and the whole place is surrounded by a quaint white picket fence. And because we love nothing more than eating and drinking, we have decided to rate each ground on these factors.

At Ringrose Park you can buy a Smirnoff Black for 6 dollars. SIX DOLLARS PEOPLE! And according to Sassy the hot chips are 'the best ever'.

As for Wenty as a club, to be frank....we are pretty much in love with them. And apparently the feeling is mutual. Kiki was being bestowed with hugs and kisses from 'Emu', life long member and the team rubber, within 5 minutes of meeting him. There is a fantastic spirit at Wenty that is immediately apparent to even the most casual visitor. We were especially impressed seeing all the first grade Parramatta players watching and supporting their mates, including Jarryd Hayne, Dan Mortimer and Matt Keating.

Not only is Wenty lovable, they are also extremely successful. Before the formation of the current competition they won the reserve grade premiership 3 times in a row, and backed it up last year as the first team to win a NSW Cup Grand Final. And if you ask the players and fans they will tell you they are building up for number five this year.

After talking to a few players including Tim Mortimer, Brendan Oake , Jeremy Latamore and Marty Lewis we have come to the conclusion that the boys very much enjoy playing at the club. According to Mortimer there is fantastic support structure in place that cannot compare to other clubs. To quote him 'Wenty is the best!'. And we have to agree.

We are off on a little overseas sourjourn but will be back to write in time to write about the NSW Cup finals. We can't wait!

wittyz chick

Coach
Fee I'm guessing she's referring to James Maloney..

Should be good after we pummelled em last time!! They'll be ready for us this time..

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Why are they scared?
ohh i don't know - just a hunch that they would be..... ;-)

NSW Cup

1 Tim MORTIMER
2 Etu UAISELE
3 Jonathan WRIGHT
4 Mark LULAND
21 Taulima TAUTAI
6 Mark O'GRADY
7 Kris KEATING
8 Junior PAULO
9 Anthony MITCHELL
10 Weller HAURAKI
11 Brendan OAKE
12 Justin HORO
13 Feleti MATEO

14 James GREHAN
15 Tim ROBINSON
16 Joe MATAELE
17 Marty LEWIS
18 Shane CROFT
19 Kim UASI

wittyz chick

Coach
So what? I agree it's a good Wenty side.

But they have to turn up! We don't and it'll be Bankstown, Norths, Newtown all over again!

CARN WENTY!!!! Please win my weekend will be awesome if you do :D

wittyz chick

Coach
Bundy Cup

1 Brent RAE-MILLAR
2 Ken SIO
25 Karl FILIGA
4 Aaron FLUKE
5 Astro WAETFORD
6 Jacob BYRNE
7 Nadim COURI
8 Valu NASIO
9 Ben BAILEY
10 Brad CAPOVILLA
11 Danny HOWARD
12 Brett SARGENT [C]
13 Mitch STANFIELD

14 Tom VAINGA
15 John KOBORSI
16 Sione KAAFI
17 David BAUMANN
19 Trent ROSE

Just a quick GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD LUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKK!!!!!!! To these boys.. As much as I'd LOOOVVEEE to be watching these boys I can't this week and wish them all the best against whoever they is playing [either Cabra or Bankstown]. Should you lose [and I SO hope you don't but if you do] I will be there to cheer you's on next week :D

Fee

Juniors
Witzy is the Wenty NSW cup side playing at home next week, do you know? Thanks darl.:D

wittyz chick

Coach
Nope next week it's at Leichhardt.
The week after that [Saturday the 5th] they are back at home against Wests

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
Then hopefully we'll finish top 4 then get a home semi. But after that all the finals are at Leichhardt.
Yes normally it's Campbelltown but as one side of that is practically demolished they moved it to Leichhardt.
And I'm terrified :lol: every team I gone and supported at Leichhardt has lost [Parra, Melbourne, Wenty :lol:]
Break the jinx boys.. please :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts