What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Wenty should have won that game. As mits said, some very questionable calls by the ref. First came from a wenty drop out, the half back dead set dropped the ball and the touchie was right there and somehow missed it. Few sets later dogs are on the wenty line and they play the ball in to touch and the ref at first calls a change over then changes his mind and gives a penalty, dogs score from the next set and get the momentum and take out the game.

Best players for Wenty Karl Filiga by far, this guy is a beast, 2 tries, carrying players over the line and took at least 3 or 4 players to bring down every time he ran and was damaging in defence, he played for 60min in the 2nd row, i see him staying in NSW cup despite what some people on this forum think. Peter sharp was there and im sure he will now be on the radar, only 1 game but he showed today what he is capable of.

Other stand outs were Trent Rose who was quick out of dummy half and had the defence on the back foot with his quick runs, Tim robinson worked hard all game as did Lasalo.

Im sure the boys will be fired up for the game next week ready to bounce back with a win.

Roland

Juniors
The Bundy Cup side got flogged 38-10 by The Entrance today. The only good news was the Brett Sargent's retirement only lasted for the preseason and he played a fair chunk of today's game.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Thanks for that benoir, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought he played well then lol

Luca, not sure what his current contract status is with the club, I'd say it is only with wenty and he would have to sign a contract with parramatta before june 30 to be able to play 1st grade. Not 100% sure though.
I know its only one game and he will need to put a few of them performances back to back to start being considered, but from what I saw of him today, he is just the type of player that would be good for our team at the moment, can come off the bench and add a bit of agression and mongrel to our forward pack.

caylo

Bench
Filinga would be a good replacement for Shak, could come off the bench. O'Hanlan also is going very well in NYC

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
How's humble playing?
Had a shocker on the weekend tbh, but you can see he's trying his ass off.
Very similar to Jarryd - Tom made more mistakes then the others cos he's constantly trying something.

More importantly, how is Mitchell playing??
Anthony? Or Allgood?
Both are solid. Allgood is a monster compared to this time last year, and is still able to play alot of minutes which is GREAT.
Ant i didn't notice too much last week, but the team gets great service out of dummy half with him and Rose, so i would say good.

Whilst we're at it how is pele playing?
Another monster. Needs to hang onto the ball a bit though. Like fui - can disapoint you after a great run by dropping the ball!

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Very similar to Jarryd - Tom made more mistakes then the others cos he's constantly trying something.

Anthony? Or Allgood?
Both are solid. Allgood is a monster compared to this time last year, and is still able to play alot of minutes which is GREAT.
Ant i didn't notice too much last week, but the team gets great service out of dummy half with him and Rose, so i would say good.

Another monster. Needs to hang onto the ball a bit though. Like fui - can disapoint you after a great run by dropping the ball!
Agree on all that. I think Allgood is going to be something special. He has what it takes to make it, he wouldn't look out of place in the nrl.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Anthony? Or Allgood?

Thanks Jess! Good to see we have some hungry youngsters potentially able to step up if/when needed.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
With Credit to Nikki - this is how big Mitch Allgood is these days.
In the background.

26383_422903478017_645213017_5236204_5400924_n.jpg

parra pete

Referee
Why doesn't Pele get his hair-cut. It has got to be uncomfortable....Concentrate more on your game son...
If you CAN'T be a first grade footballer, at least look like one...

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Wentworthville Magpies v Wests, Ringrose Park, Sunday April 4, 3.00pm
1. Tom Humble
2. Etu Uaisele
3. Tim Mortimer
4. Jonathan Wright
5. Domenic Nasso
6. Mark O’Grady (C)
7. Brendan Waters
8. Pele Peletelese
9. Anthony Mitchell