What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
strange game of football, the score was 30 nil after 20 minutes and then we didn't score again until the 60th minute, we just seemed to have clocked off..

as expected Tom Humble didn't play and was replaced at five eight by James boustani whil Oakey also pulled out and Peter Prime came in for him.

2 of the best players in the park by a mile were Pele and Tim Robinson while Lee Temaari and Anthony Mitchell also had strong games.

diab0lik

Juniors
now that tim robinson has moved to prop do you think he can make it in the nrl in that position or is he still a 2nd rower?

Stagger eel

Staff member
now that tim robinson has moved to prop do you think he can make it in the nrl in that position or is he still a 2nd rower?

he was absolutely brilliant today, probably the best game that I've seen him play, I still have a concern about his size to match it with the rough stuff at frontrow but I think he can potentially be a fine backrower, very much in the mould of his brother but better on his feet.

Nikki

Coach
Ok, awards from the after match Function.

Rnd 8 against North Sydney ~ Tom Humble received all 3 awards, Players Player, Coaches Player and Player of the week.
p
Rnd 9 against Shellharbour ~ Through mumbles, I think Brett Kenny said that Hendy won all 3 awards.

Rnd 10 against Central Coast ~ Pele won Players player and player of the week. James Boustani won the Coaches player. He played quite well for mine.

Joely01

Bench
strange game of football, the score was 30 nil after 20 minutes and then we didn't score again until the 60th minute, we just seemed to have clocked off..

as expected Tom Humble didn't play and was replaced at five eight by James boustani whil Oakey also pulled out and Peter Prime came in for him.

2 of the best players in the park by a mile were Pele and Tim Robinson while Lee Temaari and Anthony Mitchell also had strong games.
How has Tim Mortimer been going for wenty?

Stagger eel

Staff member
How has Tim Mortimer been going for wenty?

he's been playing left centre...

to be brutally honest, the coach appears to want to play him out of position and is struggling at the moment, the bloke imo is a fullback and nothing else but Dom Nasso has the jump on him there..

Joely01

Bench
he's been playing left centre...

to be brutally honest, the coach appears to want to play him out of position and is struggling at the moment, the bloke imo is a fullback and nothing else but Dom Nasso has the jump on him there..

Its a shame because i remember readin an article on him in pre season and he was supposed to be the one to come in while hayne was on origin duty or if he was injured. I dont know to much about Dom Nasso though so cant comment there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Its a shame because i remember readin an article on him in pre season and he was supposed to be the one to come in while hayne was on origin duty or if he was injured. I dont know to much about Dom Nasso though so cant comment there.

Dom's been ok, but the funny thing is, Dom hit some form last season playing left centre for NYC and now he's wearing the 1 shirt for Wenty..

I think they'd be a more potent side if they swapped them over.

Kornstar

Coach
Dom's been ok, but the funny thing is, Dom hit some form last season playing left centre for NYC and now he's wearing the 1 shirt for Wenty..

I think they'd be a more potent side if they swapped them over.

He was a pretty ordinary fullback in Flegg/NYC wasn't he? I thought he was very good when moved to centre though, not sure why Bert would change them tbh!

Stagger eel

Staff member
He was a pretty ordinary fullback in Flegg/NYC wasn't he? I thought he was very good when moved to centre though, not sure why Bert would change them tbh!

that's the thing, he hit some real decent form when he moved in the centres and actually scored a part time contract on the back of it..

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Domenic Nasso
2 Mark Hendy
3 Etu Uaisele
4 Tim Mortimer
5 Astro Waetford
6 Mark O'Grady
7 Trent Rose
8 Pele Peletelese
9 Anthony Mitchell
10 Tim Robinson (c)
11 Danny Howard
12 Lee Te Maari
13 Brendan Oake

14 Nathan Armit
15 Mitchell Allgood
16 Taniela Lasalo
17 Blake Blackburn

from nswrl.com

team to play Wests on Saturday, no Jono or Tom..

Joely01

Bench
Just by what you have said i feel the change would benefit the team gratefully. Like i said not sure how Nasso plays but the raps that Tim had in pre season i thought we would get to see a few games out of him this year. Still early rounds but until he is moved to fullback cant see anything changing and might get snatched up by another club like all our youngsters who dont get a shot. Whats his age Staggs?

Joely01

Bench
Also last week you said something about uiasele not playing half the game or something but no he is starting centre. what was the story there? just an injury? and also didnt think he was a centre our back 3 must be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts