What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well well well!!!...Matt Keating at 6!!!

also, Ken Sio and Pat O'Hanlon will also make the trip to Melbourne against the scums reserve grade side...

caylo

Bench
1 Tim Mortimer
2 Ken Sio
3 Etu Uaisele
4 Johnathan Wright
5 Domenis Nasso
6 Matthew Keating
7 Trent Rose
8 Michell Allgood
9 Anthony Mitchell
10 Blake Blackburn
11 Pat O'Hanlon
12 Lee Te Maari
13 Tim Robinson (c)

14 James Boustani
15 Nathan Armit
16 Pele Peletelese
17 Taniela Lasalo
Coach: Brett KENNY

I hope OHanlon, Te Maari, Pele and Allgood can relay take a step up in the next year or so. Te Maari could be a good replacment or OHanlan if we cant get a backrower, both are good hole runners who can offload. IMO Horo to 13 and OHanlan or Te Maari to #16

I honestly think allgood or Pele could also be a decent replacement if required.

Last edited:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I hope OHanlon, Te Maari, Pele and Allgood can relay take a step up in the next year or so. Te Maari could be a good replacment or OHanlan if we cant get a backrower, both are good hole runners who can offload. IMO Horo to 13 and OHanlan or Te Maari to #16

I honestly think allgood or Pele could also be a decent replacement if required.

Allgood is such an exciting player - i'd love to see him rewarded with a sneaky bench spot at some stage late this year or early next!

84 Baby

Referee
Allgood is such an exciting player - i'd love to see him rewarded with a sneaky bench spot at some stage late this year or early next!
Fingers crossed Poore or Mannah get picked for SOO3 then Ando might pick a replacement prop. My gut says given a big game he'll go with Oake onto the bench but I'd love to see him pick an actual prop, mainly because none of our lower grade props have any first grade experience. If he does it'll be a toss up between Allgood & Pele

JessEel

i would settle for Mitch being given that 18th man spot for a few weeks to ease into the idea even.
Only disadvantage in blooding him would be the other clubs seeing what he's capable of, and us not being able to offer him a fulltime spot with Caylo/Fui/Mannah/Poorey

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah but having no first grade experience hasn't stopped Manly or Cronulla throwing money at our juniors before anyway

So what type of player is Allgood, If you had to compare him with another players style? Is he Tim Mannah like, skills etc ??

JessEel

umm.. yea tall and rangey is a good call..

Has a fair few ball skills as well - maybe comparable to a Dave Taylor?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm now lead to believe that the score was actually 48-12 and not 38 as reported on the nswrl webesite..

couple of things to come out of the match..

* both Matt Keating (at 6) and Brendan Oake had big games

* Dan Cross played halfback and did well.

* Ken Sio scored 3 tries.

no injuries to speak off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts