What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
thanks jess :D

reddy will never lose his spot, he is so safe under the high ball, terrific try scorer and works tirelessly.

Tautai might find himself at wenty for a while unless guru has continuous shockers.

Will be out to watch wenty on sunday and file a report on my return :)

5 to go,

Tempers fray in a scrum on the wenty 22 and both packs come up swinging

Tigers get the penalty and drop it from the ensuing set

And with 2 to go Wenty survive 3 sets of 6 on there line to come up with possession and seal the game

Wenty 22 Tigers 4 Full Time

Stagger eel

Staff member
just some observations..

* Tim Mortimer was the best on park, took everything that was thrown at him and troubled the defence every time he ran the ball up from a kick.

* both our frontrowers (Cordoba and Latimore) played many minutes in the heat and really lead by example.

* Taulima and Etu consistantly showed that they're a class above this grade

* Robson went ok but still won't trouble Finch for a spot in fg.

* Marty Lewis came off carrying a shoulder not sure of the extent of the injury.

* replacement hooker kim Eusi played brilliantly when he was on, could be a real surprise packet.

* Joe Mataele was a late inclusion off the bench and really stepped up.

Spoke with Brett McKenna after the game to get a clarification on number of interchanges allowed in NSW Cup. It is 10. Wenty used 8, I saw Balmain RE used interchange 9 with 15 to go.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Spoke with Brett McKenna after the game to get a clarification on number of interchanges allowed in NSW Cup. It is 10. Wenty used 8, I saw Balmain RE used interchange 9 with 15 to go.

that's pretty impressive...

we obviously had the game under control and Rip probably obviously saw it as an opportunity to harden them up mentally in opressive conditions.

Nikki

Coach
Just to clarify, Marty took a knock to the ribs. Said he was still a bit tender, but I think he should be right next week.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just to clarify, Marty took a knock to the ribs. Said he was still a bit tender, but I think he should be right next week.

cool..should of poked him on the ribs and asked him would it hurt if you did that? :cool:

1eyedeel

Juniors
Who did Mataele come in for? Did Danny Howard play. I've got a bit of an opinion of him and I'm surprised he's not starting?

And how about Oakey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts