What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

elbusto

Coach
Always looks to me like a show that only wants to discuss AFL but is forced to talk about othr sports. They cannot help themselves - as for Wilson UGH!!!!!

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
She was right NRL has had a shit couple of weeks since Origin...

Ref Disputes, Poor crowds, boring footy, rain, weak leadership, wagga wagga etc...

Bretto

Bench
She was right NRL has had a shit couple of weeks since Origin...

Ref Disputes, Poor crowds, boring footy, rain, weak leadership, wagga wagga etc...

And what has the AFL had? 9 games in one round where 6 of the 9 games were blowout scores with the losing teams kicking at less than 50%. Hardly anything to brag about. I mean Hawthorne beat North Melbourne by 115 points yesterday.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Always looks to me like a show that only wants to discuss AFL but is forced to talk about othr sports. They cannot help themselves - as for Wilson UGH!!!!!

That sums up the show really - an ozzie rules show masquerading as a general sports show. Their sport is always used a reference point by which others are measured, amusing considering its miniscule scale on the sporting landscape.

Aniticipation of the obviously large increase in RL's broadcast rights deal has got these types on edge, and it is showing.

Cletus

First Grade
I'm not sure if you're being serious. the ongoing ref debacle has been terrible for the game.

still, some cracking stuff onfield.

off siders never show the onfield league, only the AFL. First 8 minutes was how amazing the AFL games were.

That sums up the show really - an ozzie rules show masquerading as a general sports show. Their sport is always used a reference point by which others are measured, amusing considering its miniscule scale on the sporting landscape.

Aniticipation of the obviously large increase in RL's broadcast rights deal has got these types on edge, and it is showing.

They compared the refs debacle to the way the AFL would have handled it and how superior they are, then they talked about how well Wagga was handled by the AFL and how the NRL was playing catchup, and (Caro said)how the NSW media was getting behind the GWS which was a bit mystifying. They never talk about league without comparing it to AFL. I wish Roy was still there but he doesn't seem to go on it anymore, they really need him there to balance Wilson and her AFL brown nosing.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
off siders never show the onfield league, only the AFL. First 8 minutes was how amazing the AFL games were.

They compared the refs debacle to the way the AFL would have handled it and how superior they are, then they talked about how well Wagga was handled by the AFL and how the NRL was playing catchup, and (Caro said)how the NSW media was getting behind the GWS which was a bit mystifying. They never talk about league without comparing it to AFL. I wish Roy was still there but he doesn't seem to go on it anymore, they really need him there to balance Wilson and her AFL brown nosing.

It's uploaded now. http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/

Not mystifying. Caro made some real sense as she asked why aren't all the Sydney & league media ripping into the AFL & GWS for walking out on Blacktown & moving to the inner west.

Patorick

Staff member
it's not the job of League media to write AFL articles

why is that AFL wanker Neil Cordy not writing articles about it?
League paper (for the most part), League editor (though dumb as a post, for the most part).
:sarcasm:

Dresden Dan

Juniors
it's not the job of League media to write AFL articles

why is that AFL wanker Neil Cordy not writing articles about it?

The league media write enough about Blacktown & the west being a NRL v AFL war. If AFL & GWS leave the war zone I guess it doesn't help to announce the war is won by the NRL. Be no stories then.

El Diablo

Post Whore
and i noticed the DT spnosor GWS as they had signs all around their ground

as if they'd be critical of them if they're a sponsor

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Don't think the Panthers want the war to be over either. ARLC won't then come with the extra dollars & support.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I have foxtel, all channels. I fta. I've had many years of watching both.

In my honest opinion 98% of tv is not worth watching. Life is far more interesting.

Going to games is too. Let them sit around and bag rugby league. Who cares.
Part of the reason i got rid of fox and never buy a paper is that i cant stand the rubbish.. i say the thread name and laughed. Muck racking at its finest.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Wilson is barely concealed conceit.

Haha. She can't wait to get in to it. Its f**king hilarious and is just a perfect metaphor for the place and game in general. Zealots in the great cause to bring AFL to the heathens.

Thats exactly how they all think. Kudos to Storm fans. I'd do my nut in that environment.

They HATE & FEAR US!

The Victorian psyche is quite something to behold. Its a dead set different country down there at the anus of the world.

What a state full of queer merkins.

No wonder the Storm are so good. What an environment to play in. No prying media, anonymity and stacks of cash.

Latest posts