What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wilson is barely concealed conceit.

Haha. She can't wait to get in to it. Its f**king hilarious and is just a perfect metaphor for the place and game in general. Zealots in the great cause to bring AFL to the heathens.

Thats exactly how they all think. Kudos to Storm fans. I'd do my nut in that environment.

They HATE & FEAR US!

The Victorian psyche is quite something to behold. Its a dead set different country down there at the anus of the world.

What a state full of queer merkins.

No wonder the Storm are so good. What an environment to play in. No prying media, anonymity and stacks of cash.

he admitted last year they didn't even watch the NRL GF. this was after he'd just bagged it out

taipan

Referee
I fired off an e-mail to the ABC,suggesting if they(the Offsiders) want to be taken seriously ,at least have a rugby league person on the panel when discussing matters of this nature, relating to rugby league.

It's like having a panel of Nth Korean experts debating the benefits of a democracy.
The bird on the panel.,looks a bit like Kim jon-un.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Kudos to Storm fans. I'd do my nut in that environment.

It's not just Storm fans down here fella. Look at your own mob of Dragons supporters who have claimed pubs as their own.

In many ways it makes you a much stronger supporter to be in this environment. That said, there is more support for our game down here than is realized. It is just that an extremely hostile media tells people they must hate the game and the sheep follow.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Always looks to me like a show that only wants to discuss AFL but is forced to talk about othr sports. They cannot help themselves - as for Wilson UGH!!!!!

"Its been a bad 2 weeks for the NRL" she lisped...

Yes, record Origin ratings, 2nd highest crowd ever at Etihad stadium and the biggest drama in the game has been arguments over the referees, not some off field drunken scandal....

Can we have bad 2 weeks like that all the time Caro?

Greenbits

Juniors
It's not just Storm fans down here fella. Look at your own mob of Dragons supporters who have claimed pubs as their own.

In many ways it makes you a much stronger supporter to be in this environment. That said, there is more support for our game down here than is realized. It is just that an extremely hostile media tells people they must hate the game and the sheep follow.

The ABC commentary team called them on it in the pre-game of Origin I. They basically said they are insular and see it as their duty to "protect Victoria from alien codes."

Good to see someone in the media telling it as it is.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Just watched a bit on the ABC website.

To quote Barry Cassidy directly, - "let's make the comparison with the AFL...".

WHY???

Because the only way they understand any sport is through the prism of their insignificant little game. Sad, sad, sad is all I can say.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
f**k em.

They over compensate for everything. They're like the ambitious kid in the family who will never be as admired as his brothers because they are better looking and get more attention.

Again. f**k em.

who cares.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Why do use all continue to watch a program that doesn't like rugby league and use clearly don't like?

I have never watched the abc network, probably never will

Patorick

Staff member
Why do use all continue to watch a program that doesn't like rugby league and use clearly don't like?

I have never watched the abc network, probably never will
You owe it to yourself to watch the clip of the last time Becky Wilson was on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHZ7qUVMPU

Has not been back since.

It's a decent show when there is a league person on who doesn't:
a) live in Victoria.
b) have the name John Stephenson.

Patorick

Staff member
Just watched a bit on the ABC website.

To quote Barry Cassidy directly, - "let's make the comparison with the AFL...".

WHY???

Because the only way they understand any sport is through the prism of their insignificant little game. Sad, sad, sad is all I can say.
Would be a much more appropriate name for the show though:

"Let's Make The Comparison With The AFL...", Sundays at 10:30am on ABC1.

Edit: Seriously though, three AFL people and one soccer bloke. Not good enough for this taxpayer.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
State of Origin = Superbowl of Oz sport, & The biggest single annual sporting event in this country.

I like it.