What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kornstar

Coach
Seriously how can Finch be a priority signing over this bloke?????

How can Manly afford all these players who are apparently on MASSIVE money e.g Orford and Lyon yet we can't keep anyone??????

The Colonel

Immortal
Until I speak with a few people I don't know what to believe. I know some thing in relation to some other losses we have had in the Juniors, which is not a good sign, but I don't know either way in this case. So until I hear from a few people I won't go making broad ranging accusations now will I.

Of course you wouldn't MITS......

But if you add the same numbers up that you are with the other juniors I don't think you'll come up with a different answer in this case.

fish eel

Immortal
fitzy said:
“Our coaches have recognised and nurtured Tony’s abilities over the past four years as he’s progressed through Parramatta’s development program, which is the benchmark for all NRL clubs.

so what is the point of nurturing when the best shuffle off?

fitzy said:
“We came into 2008 with a number of signing priorities, of which Tony was one, but we were not prepared to sacrifice other players who we also needed to re-sign, including Jarryd Hayne, Krisnan Inu, Ben Smith, Brett Finch, and Matthew and Kris Keating.

Most of those blokes, Finch aside, resigned long ago didnt they? And subsequent to them re-signing, didnt Tim Smith and piggy leave for next year?

The Colonel

Immortal
Apparently skeepes has a posted a rumour on the NRL rumours thread that Canberra have signed Dave Baumann, he may be geeing up to get a reaction but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me at all..

Please tell me we kept Jay Hemmings! :sarcasm:

fish eel

Immortal
Sorry, but that is funny.

Yeah, I mean, didnt Finch only become a priority when Tim Smith left?

So, if Williams was a genuine priority, he would have been stitched up well before then when the likes of Inu, Hayne etc were.

And MITS, I'm sorry, but you're becoming a parody of yourself. Defending the club, then not defending but posting crap about smiling followed by a meaningless, bland PR statement from the club.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parramatta don't even realise what the word priority is. It is as f**king clear as daylight that this guy was one of the best talents in ages, a terrific prospect, how incomptant are management if they cannot make sure he's a priority over a spare-parts halve in Brett finch and 4 year deals to ben smith!

Jodeci

Bench
Apparently skeepes has a posted a rumour on the NRL rumours thread that Canberra have signed Dave Baumann, he may be geeing up to get a reaction but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me at all..

Is this suppose to be a huge loss

Yeah, I mean, didnt Finch only become a priority when Tim Smith left?

So, if Williams was a genuine priority, he would have been stitched up well before then when the likes of Inu, Hayne etc were.

And MITS, I'm sorry, but you're becoming a parody of yourself. Defending the club, then not defending but posting crap about smiling followed by a meaningless, bland PR statement from the club.

I can not defend the club in this instance as I have said I don't know any of the details apart from Tony signing with Manly. Which is disappointing but nothing I can change.

As to the PR Statement, I only posted that because I received it. I am sure everyone else who is on the Season Ticket/ Blue and Gold Mailing list will get it as well, I normally get those things last but I seemed to have gotten this one first.

parra pete

Referee
Even I reckon the failure to sign Williams is a joke....
And the NRL wonders why people are turning away from Rugby League. Another rumour is David Baumann is to link up with the Raiders...

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
I think Fitzgerald wants us to go through some pain so it wont look as bad when he next tosses up a merger idea. No more 'why merge when we're flying along nicely as is' talk..

The Colonel

Immortal
In light of losing John Mannah and Tony Williams and quite possibly Tim Robinson it could well be perceived in that way. Four of your best young forwards coming through the club looking elsewhere - even if it is rumoured at this stage makes you wonder what is going on.

Reeks of the 1990's when we lost Adamson, Penna, Bell and many others because of a certain R. Massey.

If you have something to say, why dont you say it on here rather than speak in riddles?

Or are you worried the truth might upset some 'powers' that may read what you post?

I was once told that you can say what ever you want because they are just words and unless recorded can never be retrieved. However you right something down. I can come back to haunt you again and again.

Latest posts