What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One for the Quinny bashers

snapper

Juniors
I too would have to say that I think Quinny's been our most consistent winger over the past two seasons. His effort is first rate, and as Antonius has said, his finishing ability is right up there.

My thoughts on Mad dog. I think he was quoted recently as saying, he should have given his family tickets behind the goalposts at Souths because they would have seen more of him. All they would of had to do in his last years at the knights was rock up to his place on game day, and they would of been able to play playstation, drink beers, and talk about how "sore" his knee was.

Boxer

Juniors
Radio has just reported Quinny has been given an embarrassing contract offer.
Low enough that he would have no option other than to look for another club.

antonius

Coach
Boxer said:
Radio has just reported Quinny has been given an embarrassing contract offer.
Low enough that he would have no option other than to look for another club.
Not surprised to hear that. I think we might see Seage as a much better chance of staying at the club if Quinn leaves. Shame but he'll do OK where ever he ends up.

Burwood

Bench
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19379697-23214,00.html

HULL has agreed a two-year deal with former Australia Test winger Matt Sing, who will join the Super League club next season.
The beginning of the article sounds innocent enough, but towards the end of it....

Sing, who will become Sharp's first signing, is a year older than the man he will replace at Hull, Nathan Blacklock, who plans to return to Australia at the end of the season.
So what do people think of the Knights maybe signing up a player like Blacklock on a two-year contract? He would definitely provide a bit of spark to our backline. I wonder what sort of money he would be looking at getting?

Burwood

Bench
Sir Knight82 said:
How olds blacklock these days?

He looked like he had trouble keeping up the pace with superleague let alone NRL.

The article says that he is 30. I think that blacklock is a player who is more suited to the expansive style of football seen in the NRL. The ESL seems to be dominated by big forwards hitting the ball up, which I guess is a result of the weather conditions over there.

It would be good to see him back in Australia playing for an NRL club.

Frederick

Staff member
I don't think we need another 30+ short-term player. We need to sign someone who is going to give the club long-term service.

Do we really need anyone though guys?

Seems to me we have enough cattle at the moment in that department. Next year ideally I'd like to see

1. Thaiday.
2. Seage.
3. Gidley - Gut says he wont go.
4. Carmont.
5. Quinn.

Thats a pretty good backline IMO.

Burwood

Bench
Captain_Fred said:
I don't think we need another 30+ short-term player. We need to sign someone who is going to give the club long-term service.

We have plenty of long-term players floating around in the lower grades. The problem is that Newcastle are going to have a very inexperienced backline shortly. If Gidley heads overseas we will be left with Thaiday, Quinn(??), Carmont and Seage(??). We need somebody like MacDougall or Blackrock to provide some experience to our next generation of backs- guys like Hinton, Tighe , Uate and McManus. Craig Smith has done wonders for us in the forwards, so I can't see a quality player in our backs having anything but the same impact.

Frederick

Staff member
But what if Quinn does leave? Then we're losing both our wingers at the end of the season. Seage has done well when filling in therem but who's going to be on the other wing? Salkeld hasn't been setting the work alight in Premmy, and Uate is probably too young at this point. So that leaves us with a backline that will most likely read:
2. Seage
3. Midley
4. Carmont/Tighe
5. Tighe/Carmont

But then what happens if Midley leaves?
2. Seage
3. Tighe
4. Carmont
5. ?

I think it would probably be best for the club to look to getting an established winger to the club.

Granted, this is all pure speculation re. Quinn and Midley at this point.

Ben

Bench
I wouldn't mind Blacklock at the club. He is a prolific try scorer, but i haven't seen him play in his ESL games but what i saw of him in the NRL, he was one player that could get to the line everytime.

Imagine a backline like this:
1. Thaiday
2. Blacklock
3. Gidley
4. Tighe
5. Quinn

Hopefully when Smith comes to the club he realises that Tighe is a much better prospect and needs as much game time as possible.

JasonE

Bench
Quinny is definitely leaving, he has two clubs after him but Manly is not one of them, he will sign for ???? in the next week, sorry guys i'm not allowed to say.

Nuffy

Bench
I couldn't care less, Quinny is just winger and a hot and cold one at that.

He also lacks size.

Jono078

Referee
So Quinn is going.. Will be interesting to see where to. Ive heard Tigers.

I hope we get a decent winger to replace him.

Id be happy with Luke Burt or Luke Macdougall.

northey

First Grade
Quinny is definitely leaving, he has two clubs after him but Manly is not one of them, he will sign for ???? in the next week, sorry guys i'm not allowed to say.

source?

or hear say?

chinorocks

Juniors
Hope he doesn't go. I know alot of you don't rate him, but I think this one will come back and bite us on the arse.

Roy

Juniors
i would love to see tinga (sp) at the club. Always loved watching him play. He may even go to titans with the link he has with preston, both the boys from tinga playing togther again.