What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only four teams can win the comp

Patorick

Staff member
Depends which team gets off the bus on grand final day.

And whether or not they get the silent treatment that week.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
This. Everyone clearly needs to be talking about Melbourne, Manly, Roosters and Souffs :cool:

I'm interested to see Manly v Melbourne tonight. If Melbourne win then Manly would have lost against the Storm, Rabbitohs and the Roosters and would confirm my suspicion that while they are still contenders, IMO they are off the pace compared to those other three.

firechild

First Grade
I'm interested to see Manly v Melbourne tonight. If Melbourne win then Manly would have lost against the Storm, Rabbitohs and the Roosters and would confirm my suspicion that while they are still contenders, IMO they are off the pace compared to those other three.

I don't think that is any secret. Without Snake, King, Fa'aoso, Symonds and Gulavao we're going to struggle tonight. Gulavao and possibly King won't be back this year which will make things very tough.

BranVan3000

Coach
I don't think that is any secret. Without Snake, King, Fa'aoso, Symonds and Gulavao we're going to struggle tonight. Gulavao and possibly King won't be back this year which will make things very tough.

Surely you are better without Fa'asao

firechild

First Grade
Not really. Fa'aoso has been great on the occasions where he hasn't committed acts of foul play. He's added some grunt and aggression to the front row when Lawrence has come off. Rose is competent but I'd prefer Fa'aoso on the bench.

Red Bear

Referee
Pretty sure Symonds is playing tonight, at least according to Toovey on the radio yesterday

bottle

Coach
I like the effort Richie puts in. Just wish he could eliminate some of the dumber stuff.
Not intentional, just a bit unco sometimes.

firechild

First Grade
Pretty much, he runs hard and creates a bit of havoc. Just has too many brainsnaps in defense.

As for Symonds, last I heard he was still in doubt but either way will not be playing at 100%.

Loudstrat

Coach
I was wondering what you guys think about the situation that only four teams can win the competition and they are Storms, Roosters, Rabbitohs, AND THE MIGHT SEA EAGLES..
They have more than one team? F*cking salary cap cheats again.......

I dunno if the OP has noticed, but the Broncos and Newcastle are crawling up the top 4's arses. Wallace could get an early release to go to Penrith, and if we can find a suitable replacement, we could be a big dark horse (pun intended).
Yep. sell your fg halfback and you will go better. Why not just swap him with the reggies halfback now ffs???

Manly are a tough side, but atm that lack the x factor. Melbourne are getting worked out. Souths and Chooks look great. These are the best 4 so far. Yet Newcastle, Cronulla, Canberra on their day can be contenders too. It also depends on injuries.

The big disappointment at the top end is the Cowpats.