What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only Test (womens) : Australia v India @ Carrara D/N Sep 30 - Oct 3 3021

JJ

Immortal
Hmmmm…

I guess I’m a misogynistic wanker, but seriously women’s cricket, good on them 👍😂

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, I’m trying

I mean...if that hundred wasn't worth watching maybe cricket's not for you old mate?

Of course it wasn't an all time great knock or anything but it was very nice batting.

I guess the bowling still leaves a bit to be desired but that's also cos we've bowled quite shit...Perry is bowling slower than me which is unusual

Reactions: JJ
Another Qld deluge may see the game called off second day running. Almost two days gone and the Aussies are yet to bat.

JJ

Immortal
I mean...if that hundred wasn't worth watching maybe cricket's not for you old mate?

Of course it wasn't an all time great knock or anything but it was very nice batting.

I guess the bowling still leaves a bit to be desired but that's also cos we've bowled quite shit...Perry is bowling slower than me which is unusual
I get the batting technique, our own Debbie Hockley was a masterful technical batter… but overall I’m left dissatisfied, the bowling is a big part of that, it is what it is… I’m sure it’ll grow and that’d be great

Bazal

Post Whore
I get the batting technique, our own Debbie Hockley was a masterful technical batter… but overall I’m left dissatisfied, the bowling is a big part of that, it is what it is… I’m sure it’ll grow and that’d be great

I think what I appreciate about it almost is the fact that it's so different to the mens?

Like, the girls need to play proper cricket shots and manipulate the field and time the ball. They haven't got 8lb bats and biceps the size of Temba Bavuma so they can't just slog like little Davey Warner.

It can be a lot slower, I'll admit

JJ

Immortal
I think what I appreciate about it almost is the fact that it's so different to the mens?

Like, the girls need to play proper cricket shots and manipulate the field and time the ball. They haven't got 8lb bats and biceps the size of Temba Bavuma so they can't just slog like little Davey Warner.

It can be a lot slower, I'll admit
In both it’s the pace I guess, women’s tennis has developed, but the reality is the men also fo those

my sons u/15 district team towelled a first class women’s team, I was shocked at the gulf..

It will improve, and I’m supportive of that, I just need more at this level tbh

No DRS this test
Not sure why female cricket.. specially Test does not use DRS. Also no reserve days.. a must given a stormy Qld this time of the year. With these delays the match now has only two days left and the Aussies are yet to bat. Both skippers will be looking for a result but dead set this is a painfully slow and flat deck so that may well be out of the equasion now.

Last edited:
The opposition boys don’t like it when the girls get good. I’ve had four girls since age 6-7 (now hitting 13) and the blended team works like clockwork but we still get “oh, you’ve got girls in your team!?” My boys find it odd that it gets mentioned. Had one wk say “she’s only got one shot”. Next over their “gun quick” goes 4, 4, 4, 4, 6, 4. Off drive, on drive, pulled square, driven twice through mid wicket, smashed back over bowler’s head. No words exchanged. End of over the wk's coach/umpire suggested the young wk keep his thoughts to himself next time.
Had ‘gun’ bowlers refuse to bowl on after being spanked. Had ‘gun’ batters cry for getting out to a girl. I’ve seen it all. All I will say, is some of those boys will one day watch these girls in WBBL and proudly say they played them in the juniors.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
We would have had a full game had it not been a day/night test. Sun shining now, cloud building up though so another afternoon storm wouldn't be a surprise. Hope I'm wrong, my weather forecasts aren't always accurate...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Gee that was plum in front, hit the toe first, no one appealed

Perry could have got her 300th wicket (in all formats)

India batting on. I guess a smart move as they can drive the match from here. This is how I reckon the Indian brains trust will be thinking. Try to bat until dusk, declare then send the Aussies in on the evening deck that does play some tricks. It is ok if you are settled but starting your innings on these decks requires intense concentration. So best case scenario for the Aussies is knock off these last five wickets asap then bat in the afternoon when it is easier. Come dusk and hopefully out top order will feel more confident facing the pinkie..

TheParraboy

Staff member
...because she knew she had nicked it. Was showing rare sportsmanship.. woops sportswomanship. Seriously, one of the Aussies said those upwind did not hear the nick but those down wind did.. or was it vice versa?

Interesting Mel Jones say on the pre game coverage, that her indian colleagues say Raut never walks

Shes 31yo, made her international debut over 10 years ago, played over 100 internationals in all formats

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
India probably dont want to bat again, and would want two twilight sessions at the aussies, plus the whole day 4, where deck may take on better spin

5/284

TheParraboy

Staff member
India 5/302

If they dont get bowled out, Id imagine they will declare sometime during the second session, be around 400 runs