What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Onya Finchy

Anonymous

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
yea thats a fair point BB but how many other drops do you recall of schifs
not as many as wesser i bet, wesser is not comfortable one bit under the high ball

Yeh schif is good under the high ball I won't deny that. And Wesser doesn't like them. But I think most fbs would have battled with that bomb.

Thanks to Melon for the kind words. One thing though mate, as you know, you cannot reason with morons. Finch played his guts out last night and yet the cretins are bagging him. I thought he was in the top 3 players for the blues but don't hold your breath waiting for any of the goons on here to give him the credit he deserves. No doubt if he wore different club colours the compliments would come. Once again, Well done Finchy, a great performance in your origin debut, it certainly won't be the last time that he dons the blue jumper. :clap:

miccle

Bench
Finch wasn't spectacular last night, that's for sure. But he DID play a pretty damn solid game, I'll give him that much credit. He has a great passing game and probably was the best player in blue last night, or close to.

Zef

Juniors
Finch was excellent in the first half (when it was easy) - he even looked like a SOO veteran.

But in the 2nd half when things got tough, he went back to normal.

He's a champion against duds and a dud against champions is young Finchy.

JK

Just a bit quiet in the second half.

No shame in that - he was outplayed a bit in his first origin - no shame in that at all.

melon....

Coach
miketyson said:
As usual when the pressure was on in the last 20 minutes finch was nowhere to be seen.
Except tackling his guts out because ouir forwards were dominated. Morons like you dont understand the game....go and support AFL you imbecile.

melon....

Coach
Zef said:
Finch was excellent in the first half (when it was easy) -
When the NSW forwards were dominating.

Zef said:
But in the 2nd half when things got tough, he went back to normal.
When NSW forwards were dominated. The same would have happened to any other half.

wittyfan

Referee
anastabation said:
Michael Sullivan is better then finch. Finch didn't play badly but you don't want someone "getting the job done" in origin. It may work for easts, a team full of other wise super stars playing against weaker opposition, but in origin you need game breakers.

^ Word.

Big Mick

Referee
melon.... said:
miketyson said:
As usual when the pressure was on in the last 20 minutes finch was nowhere to be seen.
Except tackling his guts out because ouir forwards were dominated. Morons like you dont understand the game....go and support AFL you imbecile.

Brett Finch 17 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 4 runs - 22 metres.

If thats tackling your ass off melon, your an imbecile, because if he was, then he didn't do much defense in the first half did he.

And on another topic, no offence to Billy Slater, but I don't think he deserved MOM. He made 5 tackles, missed 2!, the first try, was wessers fault, but slater should have marked up, and the second was just bad defence by slater. Yeah he scored two tries but, still, I thought someone like Lockyer or Webcje was more deserving.

I thought Willie tonga had a solid game in his first origin, well done kid.

Paul Bowman. Bugger, i was writing him off but 37 tackles, no missed tackles. Fair effort for a centre.

Gidley, has certainly improved his defence 23 tackles, only 1 MISSED!

I thought Mark O'Meley was great for the blues, as was Nathan Hindmarsh. Andrew Ryan and Fitzgibbon played solid games, and melon, they are the ones that defended their ASSES off, not bucktooth.

Finch has a solid game, no kicking game to be seen, passing was first class, but you need more than a passing game to be an origin class footballer. He will develop even more under Ricky Stuart, I have no doubt, he will be a very good player, but looked very nervous and that showed. He had a lot of time to do his work, it was a much more open affair than the first match, but i think someone like Gower, Kimmorley or Orford would have done much more with that time. Finch did that one great pass that lead to the first try, but really should have done more.

I can see him, monoghan, joey williams and matthew head vying for Rep jerseys in the next 4-5 years. Should be good to watch.

melon....

Coach
Big Mick said:
melon.... said:
miketyson said:

If thats tackling your ass off melon, your an imbecile, because if he was, then he didn't do much defense in the first half did he.

And on another topic, no offence to Billy Slater, but I don't think he deserved MOM. He made 5 tackles, missed 2!, the first try, was wessers fault, but slater should have marked up, and the second was just bad defence by slater. Yeah he scored two tries but, still, I thought someone like Lockyer or Webcje was more deserving.

Paul Bowman. Bugger, i was writing him off but 37 tackles, no missed tackles. Fair effort for a centre.

I thought Mark O'Meley was great for the blues, as was Nathan Hindmarsh. Andrew Ryan and Fitzgibbon played solid games, and melon, they are the ones that defended their ASSES off, not bucktooth.

Finch has a solid game, no kicking game to be seen, passing was first class, but you need more than a passing game to be an origin class footballer. He will develop even more under Ricky Stuart, I have no doubt, he will be a very good player, but looked very nervous and that showed. He had a lot of time to do his work, it was a much more open affair than the first match, but i think someone like Gower, Kimmorley or Orford would have done much more with that time. Finch did that one great pass that lead to the first try, but really should have done more.

I can see him, monoghan, joey williams and matthew head vying for Rep jerseys in the next 4-5 years. Should be good to watch.
And why didnt he do any tackling in the first half Mick!! Jeezus I actually thought you were one Penrith fan that knew league, but youve just proven you dont. He tackled less in the first half, because he was busy ATTACKING with the rest of the Blues who were DOMINATING THE RUCK.

How convenient you forgot the bomb he kicked exposing Wesser's weakness under the high ball for the whole world to see. I suggest Coach Lang dont waste time at training with this bufoon, and just make him catch bombs for hours. Every other team in the NRL is going to do that to him now. In case you missed it, we SCORED from THAT FINCH KICK. You probably pulled your puce crap Panthers Jersey over your eyes when he also made a line break only to have his inside ball dropped by VodaChiello.

I slept well last night knowing Finch played the best any half could have under the conditions. I also smiled knowing Gower is yet to do anything at Origin level.

greentooth

Juniors
Under the circumstances Finch had a very good game. Anyone who says he lost the game for us doesn't know shit about rugby league.

Big Mick

Referee
melon.... said:
Big Mick said:
melon.... said:
miketyson said:

And why didnt he do any tackling in the first half Mick!! Jeezus I actually thought you were one Penrith fan that knew league, but youve just proven you dont. He tackled less in the first half, because he was busy ATTACKING with the rest of the Blues who were DOMINATING THE RUCK.

How convenient you forgot the bomb he kicked exposing Wesser's weakness under the high ball for the whole world to see. I suggest Coach Lang dont waste time at training with this bufoon, and just make him catch bombs for hours. Every other team in the NRL is going to do that to him now. In case you missed it, we SCORED from THAT FINCH KICK. You probably pulled your puce crap Panthers Jersey over your eyes when he also made a line break only to have his inside ball dropped by VodaChiello.

I slept well last night knowing Finch played the best any half could have under the conditions. I also smiled knowing Gower is yet to do anything at Origin level.

I really don't care about Wesser's dropped bomb, but what I think you should be worried about is the roosters missing tackles! The wesser inside ball to slater exposed Brad Fittlers old legs, then the lack of defence by Minichello.

If you bother to read my post all the way through, you toss, I said Finch had a good game, but one or two good kicks doesn't give u a good kicking game, even Johns said at halftime he needs to work on his kicking, so if you'd like to take off your rose coloured glasses, get your head out of finch's ass for two minutes you'd see that.

All round everyone had a good game. There was a lot of pressure on Finch and I for one admit i was wrong and say he stood up to it, but to say he was one of the best players for the blues is ridiculous.

Well u said Gower hasn't done anything, I know he would have done a lot more with two legs in the first SOO, and with a lot more room, like there was in the second. Maybe if u know league like u supposedly do, the jury is still out, then you would know that a halfback needs room to create plays, were was the room for Gower in the first? I really don't care if he doesn't get picked in the 3rd, and i hope he doesn't cause then he plays for Penrith. You think Gower is not up to origin standard and thats your opinion, but that opinion is not shared by a hell of a lot of people, and a lot arn't penrith supporters.

Finch played well, but not well enough for a regular SOO spot YET!. If you think he did, then you don't know league like i thought you did.

The Roosters players are terrible defenders. I wonder why their team is the number 1 defensive side in the comp. It must be a coincidence. :roll:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Rooster Cogburn. said:
The Roosters players are terrible defenders. I wonder why their team is the number 1 defensive side in the comp. It must be a coincidence. :roll:

It's because they "get off the line so quickly"...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Big Mick

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:

AND HERE THEY COME!

when did I say they had crap defence.

Melon made an attack on Wesser and Gower, I provided an example when fittler and minichello missed a tackle and slater scored. Why is that so bad. Because he is a rooster and a protected species :roll:

So why don't you just shut up cockburn, mind your own f**king business. Yes you have the best defence in the comp, you had the best defence in the comp last year too, but did that win you the title, no!.

He provided an example where Wesser was suspect and I provided an example where Fittler was suspect, so why don't you go back to your room and have a good bat over your star players.

hop

Juniors
if nsw had a more crafty halfback instead of some predictable halfback like finch.. nsw would have won

melon....

Coach
Big Mick said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

Melon made an attack on Wesser and Gower, .
In defense of the attack on Finch which isnt justified. Your Roosters hatred knows no bounds...and its clogging your judgement.

JJ

Immortal
Come on - I think Finch is very ordinary, but he played well.

The two players who didn't (IMO) were Minichello and Stevens...

Apart from 1 bad drop each Fitzgibbon and Tahu were great - aand Ryan, Mason (ugh), O'Meley, Hindmarsh and Gidley (and he WAS obstructed in Carlaw's try) were all super