What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2013 NSW side

Joker's Wild

Coach
Keep an eye on young Jorge Taufua. Scored a hat-trick last week and always makes a lot of meters, strong kick return too.

Those 3 were on Uate's side too.

Which had more to do with Uate having a shit game than it did any brilliance for Taufua

gronkathon

First Grade
1. Gordon
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris

6. Sezer
7. A Reynolds

8. Grant
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Hoffman
13. Gallen

14. J. Reynolds
15. Merrin
16. Woods
17. Bird

Sezer & Adam Reynolds both play with that scheming playmaking hooker style at club level and this should make a better transition

Last edited:

timka4

Bench
Yes mate, Mason

They guy has been huge for the Knights and has been there before. I honestly think a bloke like him is needed in the side to help lead the pack with Gallen.
Mason has been great for the knights, but our pack (NSW) was fine, well more than fine last year, it was great.

We have Lewis, Bird and Watmough (usually) to help lead the pack around and Grant and Tamou will be even better/more experienced this year.

Ladmate

Bench
1. Michael Gordon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate

6. Todd Carney
7. Adam Reynolds

8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Trent Merrin
15. Aaron Woods
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Wade Graham

1. Michael Gordon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate

6. Todd Carney
7. Adam Reynolds

8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Trent Merrin
15. Aaron Woods
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Wade Graham
As a QLDER that team would be a big worry.
But seeing as it wont be im happy.

Hayne
B. Morris
Jennings
J. Morris
Gordon
Malony
Carney
Gallen
Farrah
Tamou
Watmough
Lewis
Bird

T. Williams
T. Sims
Grant
J. Reynolds

don'y know what they'll do with halves, but all i know is that Pearce NEEDS to go.

timka4

Bench
It's cringe worthy watching Pearce's start to the season and watching Cronk fly. Maloney won't touch a origin jersey you'd think. Will be a solid club footy player and that's it. Has too many other 5/8s in front of him.

If A. Reynolds would actually try threaten the line occasionally I'd have him penciled in. I'm just afraid in the origin arena, with origin standard defense, he'll be too one dimensional. As we all know, our halfback situation is not the best...

Spot On

Coach
From where I sit (which will forever be a position of intense apathy), I'd pick Kurt Gidley at halfback.

But delusion will see to it Pearce holds his spot and, hopefully on my part, Tony Williams also.

Of course you would, any Qlder would want to pick a nuffie to play halfback for NSW, especially one that can't organise, kick or pass to save himself. Not only that, he can regularly run the ball side ways on tackle 5 and get caught with it on the halfway mark. Brilliant!!!!

Of course you would, any Qlder would want to pick a nuffie to play halfback for NSW, especially one that can't organise, kick or pass to save himself. Not only that, he can regularly run the ball side ways on tackle 5 and get caught with it on the halfway mark. Brilliant!!!!
Cant argue with that,yet that is still more than Pearce could do .

Desert Qlder

First Grade

I'm confused, are we talking about Gidley or Pearce?

It's cringe worthy watching Pearce's start to the season and watching Cronk fly. Maloney won't touch a origin jersey you'd think. Will be a solid club footy player and that's it. Has too many other 5/8s in front of him.

If A. Reynolds would actually try threaten the line occasionally I'd have him penciled in. I'm just afraid in the origin arena, with origin standard defense, he'll be too one dimensional. As we all know, our halfback situation is not the best...

I can't see many in front of Maloney, J. Reynolds you could make a case for and Carney, but he'd best serve us at 7. I think Maloney style would be suited to the Origin arena. He's a tough guy who knows how to take on the line and hit holes.

Spot On

Coach
Starting to think there has to be a spot for Reece Robinson. This guy is outrageously good.

And has been most of the time he has played fullback when replacing Dugan. Said last season they should piss Dugan off and leave this bloke in the Number 1 jersey.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Adam Reynolds had a big chance to prove himself in the all stars match. But he failed. On the other hand Sezer was able to show something despite his limited game time in the all stars match. Pearce needs to go and it should be Carney/Maloney in the halves with J. Reynolds and Sezer penciled in for the halves job in the future.

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Michael Gordon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate

6. Todd Carney
7. Adam Reynolds

8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Trent Merrin
15. Aaron Woods
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Wade Graham
Brilliant team.

My only changes would be Brett Stewart for Gordon, Brett Morris for Uate and John Sutton for Carney.

Latest posts