What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 3 discussion thread

The Colonel said:
Price definitely stripped the ball as much as Goose and Sterlo wanted to protest. I was ready to put my foot through the TV just so they'd shut up.

Mate I would have been pissed if it was vice versa but if the officials are going to review in a slow motion sense they have to remember it is a high collision sport. At pace, Price would not have gone in to strip the pill....even if he did there was not enough "strip" to not award the try.

mickdo

Coach
The Colonel said:
Price definitely stripped the ball as much as Goose and Sterlo wanted to protest. I was ready to put my foot through the TV just so they'd shut up.
Tell me about it. Ridiculous the way they carried on. :crazy:

I nearly stuck my foot thru the TV as well, but I was at the pub so I thought I'd better not ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:

They were SO annoying during the replays of that try I was ready to do the same.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Mate I would have been pissed if it was vice versa but if the officials are going to review in a slow motion sense they have to remember it is a high collision sport. At pace, Price would not have gone in to strip the pill....even if he did there was not enough "strip" to not award the try.

He played at the ball with two in the tackle. As much as you want to slow it down or speed it up his hand was on the ball. Price is notorious for playing at the ball in tackles.

Parra Guru

Coach
They all give me the sh*ts. According to M Johns, there were only 2 players on the field, Buderus and Simpson.

Ikin is something else though. He's such a f**king brown noser. He's just as bad, if not worse, when calling the Broncos games.

I know what you mean about Gould though. It was like their jobs were on the line if Queensland didn't get home!

Suitman

Post Whore
yy_cheng said:
You talking about your new Plasma? BTW, did you get that yet?

That's the only thing that stopped me.

BTW, Jumpsuitess nearly threw the remote through it about an hour earlier.
Needless to say, she went straight to bed.

Suity

I still dont believe Hodgson is SOO material. I dont know what/who the answer is, but, in the rough n tough of SOO, he just lacks the composure. Every time he gets the ball, I feel like I am watching Paul Carige.
When he passed that last "magical" pass, I could see it split seconds before it happened, and screamed a profanity that had everyone in the pub look at me. I could feel it in my bones - he was going to choke.

IMO - Simpson had an enormous game - NEVER stopped trying - should be proud of his effort.

Hellsy

Immortal
This is not quite right...............

12.jpg

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
That's the only thing that stopped me.

BTW, Jumpsuitess nearly threw the remote through it about an hour earlier.
Needless to say, she went straight to bed.

Suity
omg - kids need to live in a bubble - i'd be a nervous nelly if i had kids

James_Hardie

Juniors
NorthShoreEel said:
I still dont believe Hodgson is SOO material. I dont know what/who the answer is, but, in the rough n tough of SOO, he just lacks the composure. Every time he gets the ball, I feel like I am watching Paul Carige.
When he passed that last "magical" pass, I could see it split seconds before it happened, and screamed a profanity that had everyone in the pub look at me. I could feel it in my bones - he was going to choke.

I can't agree with that. I think Hodgosn had a great game up until that last play. It was a Lucas Neil moment, played great (near our best) then one lack of concentration moment at the death and it was good night.

His tackle on Tate was close to the best tackle by a fullback you will ever see.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Belly in Brisvegas said:

I am a New South Welshman, and i was at the ground last night.

Firslty, good luck to QLD. NSW played about 20 good minutes of attacking football in the whole series, there was no way they deserved to win last night or the series as a whole. NSW were a disorganised rabble and it really stood out in comparison to the fluency with which QLD played. The only thing NSW had going for it was it's line speed in defence, but that seemed to tire them out as Thurston carved up late.

And i will say this;
I thought the call on Price for the strip was wrong.
I thought the call on the Thurston knock on which led to the Matt King try (i think) was wrong.
Hodgson clearly knocked on the ball in Grothe's second try.

The only call that went QLD's way, was the carry back penalty on Wesser. That irked me because less than 5 minutes earlier, Menzies got driven back in identical fashion. The difference being one was 30 metres out the other was near the in goal. But if he penalised that, NSW get an easy two points..

mickdo

Coach
James_Hardie said:
I thought the call on Price for the strip was wrong.
Can't agree. He clearly raked it.

James_Hardie said:
I thought the call on the Thurston knock on which led to the Matt King try (i think) was wrong.
Agreed, but I'm not sure it led to a try

James_Hardie said:
Hodgson clearly knocked on the ball in Grothe's second try.
I don't think it was clear, especially from the front on shot (the only one of any use)