What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 3 discussion thread

Hellsy

Immortal
Good Luck NSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Fly like Matty:

0,10114,5180654,00.jpg

dazeely

First Grade
The Colonel said:
They are people. Not very intelligent or coherent but they are people. ;-)

I won't be very coherent after a long night celebrating a Qld victory. Its party time. The drinks are on Belly.......

QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not nervous at all mate although I suspect south of the border things are a bit different.

Like I said pre Game 1 if you blokes win it had to be and if we win it is what origin is all about.

Now where is that winky bloke.....ahh there he is.....;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
No nerves down here. We have less to lose than your mob. Three in a row and heading for our fourth. You may have the momentum but without the crowd your mob have forgotten what it takes to win it.... ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Say what you want Colonel but I would hate to be Murray and Buderus if we get up.

QUEENSLANDRE!!!!!!

Same could be said for Mal and Darren just quietly.... ;-)

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
say what you want, but NSW has ben favourites every game of this series, game 1 u got up by one, game 2 Q:D smahed NSW by 24... who is the better team ay? Sportstab is still offering $1.70 for a NSW win as opposed to $2.10 for a QLD win, like belly said... id hate to be buderus or murray

Queenslander!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry_eel

First Grade
dazeely said:
I won't be very coherent after a long night celebrating a Qld victory. Its party time. The drinks are on Belly.......

QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Typical Qlders, attiving before time is a Qld thing.

dazeely

First Grade
The Colonel said:
No nerves down here. We have less to lose than your mob. Three in a row and heading for our fourth. You may have the momentum but without the crowd your mob have forgotten what it takes to win it.... ;-)

sounds like the maroons might have a few supporters in the crowd. Led to believe their is a dislike between Melbourne and Sydney

PARRA_FAN

Coach
"Grothe's away, down the touchline, he's gonna score for the Blues"

Ahh didnt that bring back a lot of memories tonight.:D

Parra Guru

Coach
Firstly, congrats to our Queensland forumites on the win. It was a weird old game, but Queensland deserved it.

This is nothing against the QLD fans, but honestly, the whole 'If the maroons don't win, Origin will die' beat up has really sh*tted me off during the whole series. Why the hell should we feel happy that Queensland won? I can be a gracious loser and congratulate the winners, but I'm certainly not overjoyed. Every time Queensland win, it re-enforces my hatred for them. Would you guys really feel bad if you beat us 3-4 years in a row??? I don't think so.

I also hate the fact that Queensland are always portrayed as having 100 times more passion than NSW. Anyone who has represented NSW in any sport will know that is absolute bull sh*t. Our boys looked absolutely filthy tonight, and you can tell they will be even hungrier next year.

Also, Ben Ikin's commentary has to be scrapped next year. His over-bias, along with his testi-pops are seriously embarrassing.

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/1965/Default.aspx

Origin future secure as Qld takes series
Wednesday, July 5, 2006 - 11:47 PM

Any doubts about the future of the State of Origin series have been put to bed at the Telstra Dome with Queensland securing its first series win since 2001 with a thrilling 16-14 victory over NSW.

Staring down the barrel of an unprecedented fourth straight series defeat - which some critics said could threaten the Origin concept - the Maroons rallied with two tries in the final nine minutes to clinch the game with skipper Darren Lockyer fittingly crossing for the matchwinner six minutes from time.

It came on the back of a shocking pass out of dummy half from Blues fullback Brett Hodgson in front of his own sticks, player of the series Lockyer scooping up the loose ball before diving over to secure the Maroons their first back-to-back wins in a series since 1995.

"It was all NSW the first 20 minutes (of the second half) and a great comeback by our guys," Lockyer said.

"It was a great win.

"We knew there was plenty of time and that was the key. We did not panic and just kept working away."

The remarkable comeback came after the Maroons had the stuffing knocked out them by three crucial refereeing decisions immediately after the half time break, at which point the score stood at 4-4.

First interchange prop Tonie Carroll was denied a try 41 seconds after the restart with third official Graeme West ruling giant prop Petero Civoniceva had stripped Eric Grothe of the ball.

Sheer weight of possession eventually told on the Maroons with hometown hero Matt King going over out wide with Hodgson's conversion making it 10-4.

As if that wasn't enough to demoralise the Maroons the video referee came back to haunt them again just three minutes later when Grothe went over for his second try of the night, with plenty of doubt over whether Hodgson had knocked-on a bomb in the lead-up.

But just as they did when down in game one in Sydney, the Maroons clawed their way off the canvas, Thurston coming to life to put man of the match Brent Tate on his way to the tryline in the 71st minute to close the gap to four points before Lockyer's late heroics.

Earlier the Blues forwards responded with a far more committed effort to start the game after being so disappointing in the 30-6 loss in the second match of the series.

Prop Willie Mason made his intentions clear from the outset as he trampled over Maroons opposite Steve Price with his first run of the ball.

But after starting with such promise, Mason finished a shattered man.

"Absolutely gutted, it's unbelievable, I cannot believe it," he said of the result.

"I don't know (where we lost it), (our) mistakes just let them back in the game and we should have put them to the sword but we didn't.

"That's Origin, that's Queensland and it's ridiculous."

The Maroons targeted new Blues five-eighth Mark Gasnier in defence and it eventually led to the game's opening points with a Thurston chip kick brilliantly caught and grounded by Adam Mogg just before his buttock had gone touch in goal.

Thurston again went looking for Mogg in the 26th minute only for Grothe to pluck his pass out of mid air and race 95m to score his first of the night.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah I agree PG.

Well done to the Maroons, the win was well deserved.

Well done to my 2 favs as well, scoring all the tries for NSW :D :D

My Matty looks so sad..... :( :cry:
theblues_wideweb__470x333,0.jpg

Latest posts