What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Interesting that the Telecrap spat the dummy when the CEOs issued a joint press release condemning their behaviour regarding Jon Mannah etc.

Souths provided them with an article about their 25,000th member and News Ltd said that they were not going to run it cos they were pissed about the above.

#bitches

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/titfortat-over-mannah-story-20130501-2isqh.html
typical of these turds since their man Daaaaaaaaave got the arse, their agenda's against firstly grant and now Smith are just laughable. Absolute pathetic bunch of lowlife bottom feeders.

strider

Post Whore
it's not just news limited who have issues with Smith - apparently he makes himself very inaccessible to the media in general and no one is impressed

hineyrulz

Post Whore
it's not just news limited who have issues with Smith - apparently he makes himself very inaccessible to the media in general and no one is impressed
Like Who?? Smith has been everywhere lately, was on the footy show only last week was at quite a few of the games the last few weeks. The laughable crap from the likes of Hadley and co about how we could ring Daaaaaaaaave 3 times a day. Do you really want the CEO of a major organisation answering the calls of hack journo's and boofhead commentators like Roy Hardley 24/7????? And this is why he has hired Greenberg the best PR man in the business.

Real Journo's like Mascord have wrapped Smith, even the crap about the 16 CEO aren't happy with him is a load of crap. They are still bitter their puppet got the arse last year.

strider

Post Whore
Like Who?? Smith has been everywhere lately, was on the footy show only last week was at quite a few of the games the last few weeks. The laughable crap from the likes of Hadley and co about how we could ring Daaaaaaaaave 3 times a day. Do you really want the CEO of a major organisation answering the calls of hack journo's and boofhead commentators like Roy Hardley 24/7????? And this is why he has hired Greenberg the best PR man in the business.

Real Journo's like Mascord have wrapped Smith, even the crap about the 16 CEO aren't happy with him is a load of crap. They are still bitter their puppet got the arse last year.

well believe me i heard it from a very reliable source .... he obviously will choose to make appearances when he wants, it's part of his job after all, but people are unhappy that he can never be contacted otherwise ...... i'm not making judgements but it is obviously not what people are used to ...... ans yeah that is exactly why greenburg was rushed in

hineyrulz

Post Whore
well believe me i heard it from a very reliable source .... he obviously will choose to make appearances when he wants, it's part of his job after all, but people are unhappy that he can never be contacted otherwise ...... i'm not making judgements but it is obviously not what people are used to ...... ans yeah that is exactly why greenburg was rushed in
I'm sure not everyone is happy with the new guy, he will make mistakes but he is lightyears ahead of the ummming and aggghhhhing puppet we had before.

News aren't used to being put in their place, i have to laugh at someone like Kent. A couple of weeks ago he was blowing up deluxe the players don't do enough to promote the game, they have this big TV deal blah blah blah they are so unprofessional.

And then South's put out a positive article promoting RL, how memberships are up and new fans are being drawn to the game they shelve it because they are still upset the 16 NRL CEO's took a stand against the disgraceful way those 3 hack journo's carried on over the Johhny Mannah affair. As i said earlier hypocritical bottom feeding scum.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't care for whether News Limited hate Smith or SMH love him etc. etc. The reality is that all media is agenda driven and biased. It's just that most people don't describe the media that they agree with in that way.

I base my judgement of the man on what I have seen when he has been interviewed. He is getting better but f**k me he was terrible to begin with. I think bringing 'Greenberg' (one of your best HineyRulz!) on board is smart. Smith has a good business head and I am sure the game will ultimately benefit under his leadership. However, I don't want to see him on TV fluffing his lines. Leave that stuff to Todd next year you nervous Welsh git!

Gronk

Staff member
Boo f**king hoo. What other CEOs of multi million $ corporations make themselves available at the beck n call of the media. Telstra ? NAB ? Rio Tinto ?

#crymeariver

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting that the Telecrap spat the dummy when the CEOs issued a joint press release condemning their behaviour regarding Jon Mannah etc.

Souths provided them with an article about their 25,000th member and News Ltd said that they were not going to run it cos they were pissed about the above.

#bitches

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/titfortat-over-mannah-story-20130501-2isqh.html

talk about throw the toys out of the pram

they made their own bed

strider

Post Whore
Boo f**king hoo. What other CEOs of multi million $ corporations make themselves available at the beck n call of the media. Telstra ? NAB ? Rio Tinto ?

#crymeariver

mate, apples n oranges ..... NRL lives off public interest, the media is a MASSIVE part of that ... the NRL needs the media

the whole reason i'm commenting on this is cos i heard a convo about the greenburg hiring and the reasons it happened so quickly .... and, hint hint, i don't work at news limited ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
An amnesty for NRL players who took peptides etc ?

Hmm, let me guess - the suggestion came from the Cronulla camp ?

Suitman

Post Whore
An amnesty for NRL players who took peptides etc ?

Hmm, let me guess - the suggestion came from the Cronulla camp ?

That's just bribing them for information.
It really doesn't seem like ASADA have much to go on.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
That's just bribing them for information.
It really doesn't seem like ASADA have much to go on.

Suity

There have been no interviews as yet, so how do we know that ?

ASADA have phone taps going back many years. They can take the player down at any time, but prefer that he squeals like a pig and dobs in colleagues and suppliers first.

Former ASADA investigators have stated ad nauseum that they are under no time table and never react to pressure to accelerate their investigation process.

I still think that the shit is yet to hit the fan.

Bigfella

Coach
There have been no interviews as yet, so how do we know that ?

ASADA have phone taps going back many years. They can take the player down at any time, but prefer that he squeals like a pig and dobs in colleagues and suppliers first.

Former ASADA investigators have stated ad nauseum that they are under no time table and never react to pressure to accelerate their investigation process.

I still think that the shit is yet to hit the fan.

Yes once Norm Provan and Arthur Summons release the name of their supplier they will swoop.

Any chance of a source re the phone taps? I've seen it implied but the articles which I've seen refer to the alleged phone taps haven't stood up to much scrutiny IMO

Gronk

Staff member
Yes once Norm Provan and Arthur Summons release the name of their supplier they will swoop.

Any chance of a source re the phone taps? I've seen it implied but the articles which I've seen refer to the alleged phone taps haven't stood up to much scrutiny IMO

I am going off an interview on the ABC with the former head of ASADA. He stated that the taps were undertaken by the Feds (Crime Commission).

I suggest you email them at hotline@crimecommission.gov.au ask them what dirt they have Bigfella.

Latest posts