What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

emjaycee

Coach
I never agree with ME unless he agrees with Mickdo cause i always agree with Mickdo unless he agrees with Bart cause i never agree with Bart cause its much more fun not to. :D:D

Suitman

Post Whore
I never agree with ME unless he agrees with Mickdo cause i always agree with Mickdo unless he agrees with Bart cause i never agree with Bart cause its much more fun not to. :D:D

Besides the part about it being fun, it's hard to anyway as his views change from day to day.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
interesting ... they just said on the sunday footy show that ASADA has cancelled all interviews with sharks players .... no reasons given

his teammates should shout wade a few beers for being a lazy slob and turning asada off :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Interesting reading in the Tele today re the Sharks independent report.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/repo/story-fni0cx4q-1226640042890

Interesting allegations about Elkin's alleged role. While having wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, if the printed allegations are true about him allegedly contravening club orders, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with him having any autonomy at Parra - anyone else with thoughts?

Besides the part about it being fun, it's hard to anyway as his views change from day to day.
Well it would seem like that, for those too slooooooow to follow anything slightly complicated. :sarcasm:

Ratchy

Juniors
Gallen was asked about it's release this arvo on the radio and he dismissed the report due to no players, Elkin or Dank being interviewed.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree Bart. If true, there are some pretty meaty things in there.

As for those commenting on ASADA's progress (or lack thereof), I agree that it would be nice for them to move quicker. However, when you look at some of the other investigations they have done, it is not uncommon for them to take years rather than months. I predict that this cloud will be over the NRL for at least the rest of the season.

emjaycee

Coach
Damn.... I hate this but... gotta agree with you Bart. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If and I mean, IF Elkins behavior as stated in that article is accurate, he shouldn't be near any NRL players of any age or team.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course but if she didn't interview the relevant people where did she get her info from is more what I would like to know....

Who knows?

But one thing I am pretty sure of is that people in those sorts of positions generally don't just randomly make sh!t up.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the way the Telecrap have handled and reported on the whole drugs in sport issues, I would take absolutely no notice of anything they print

they will print almost anything to sell chip wrappers imo

Gronk

Staff member
I told you merkins that Cronulla have f**ked up majorly in their handling of this mess. Now watch the players go down like ten pins.

Having circled the wagons in recent weeks, the NRL is now going to be expected to work for the Indians. ASADA's decision on Saturday would appear to mean the evidence you have already heard regarding alleged performance-enhancing drug offences, at Cronulla in particular, will be used by the anti-doping authority in requests that the NRL issues infractions against players. It's hard to imagine the NRL refusing to issue the infraction notices. But this is going to get messy. If ASADA is not happy with the stance taken by the NRL, it can ask the federal and state governments to suspend the sport's funding, and it can also request WADA to kick Australia out of the World Cup for non-compliance. Imagine the pressure the NRL's doping judiciary will be under when players appear, along with the publicity, with all that at stake. ''Circus'' doesn't begin to sum it up.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I told you merkins that Cronulla have f**ked up majorly in their handling of this mess. Now watch the players go down like ten pins

I agree totally. When compared to clubs like Essendon, they have handled this abysmally.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Well if they're guilty it will be good that the book is thrown at them. Get on with it. Nobody wants drug cheats in our game.